TEH BLOG

Mother frelling flying rat...
baby doll daily at 1:57AM, April 5, 2007
(offline)
Pasted from my deviant art journal:

Okay, art is on hold, as my right thumb was bitten by a MOTHER FUCKING SUGAR GLIDER and all the bandages and anti-bacterial crap and OW FACTOR means I can't hold no pens and stuff. I spent 3 hours walking to my local vets and back to make sure it was fine, leaving a blood trail behind me. *grumbles* stupid cat bringing in the forest. That's the fifth animal bigger than my foot I've found clinging to the upper right corner of the sunroom window because of Toshiro.

Thank you for all the commissions work! I have a lot to do and I'm thrilled - I have some income now, yey! You're funding my ability to stay a comfortably housebound PTS patient =D with a goddamn flying possum bitten right thumb…

You'd think the cute little bastard would have been happy to be rescued, but nooo. It squealed like a pig on crack and latched onto my thumb like it was a panic button or something. I couldn't tell if it was even injured or not, because it was MY BLOOD on it's damn fur!

Fuck you, sugar glider! I hope you glide into a tree!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:31AM
Ozoneocean at 4:36AM, April 12, 2007
(online)
WHHHAT? Nooooooo… I never realised! It's killing updates from one of my fave artists dammit! Stupid possum!
Still, those gliders are cute ^^
But I'd never get my hands too near any animal the cat dragged in… I always make sure their head is well away from my fingers. Use a towel next time or at least gardening gloves ;)
Towels and /or cardboard boxes are usually your best bet.
Alexis at 10:00AM, April 18, 2007
(offline)
What's a sugar glider? where do they live? The same thing happened to me with a rescued mouse once, by the way. You'd never think a little mouse could bite that deep.
Ozoneocean at 5:21PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
They're marsupials with a stretchy membrane between hind and forelimb, which allows them to glide when they leap between trees. They would probably resemble US flying squirrels? Or Opossums? I'm not sure.
Anyway, I think they live in the mountainous areas of the Eastern States of Australia, or maybe it's the rain forests… Probably Queensland. ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon