The Treasure of DeMoore

The World of Lato
YuiPweeLi at 1:53AM, March 12, 2007
(online)
**READ PREMISE FIRST**

Ok, here we go, here is the Who, What, When, Where and Why (Also How) of Lato.

Who: Who, as in, who lives in Lato, well, people, and creatures, many of which you probably haven't seen on Earth, and some you have. Natives from there include such people as Faron, our beloved…main character, and also DeMoore, and many more, we'll cover that in the Character Section.

What:What is Lato? It is what Earth would be like if: people evolved a little bit differently, science had some magical mysticism to it, and if it was twice as big. It is technically not a parallel world, since there is not a parallel individual, for example: There is a Faron from Lato, but there is not a Faron from Earth, it is a different planet, not a mirror one.

When: The Time in Lato in not in the past, nor in the future, Earth and Lato are on the same time line.

Where: In the same “outer-Space” as Earth, if you were to go there in a spaceship, it would take so long, that you'd be dead before you got there. It's in another galaxy, or whatever. An Alien Planet, if you will, but I don't like to call it that because it makes it sound sci-fi.

Why: ‘Lato’ is a Greek godess, so I found it appropriate to name a fictional world after it, since we name our planets and non-plants (poor Pluto) after them.

last edited on July 18, 2011 10:30AM
YuiPweeLi at 2:17AM, March 12, 2007
(online)
The HOW: How then, does Faron and whoever else travel from one world to another??? Here's how. Drugs.That's right, drugs. A certain drug in fact, that DeMoore himself created. Somehow, with his vast, and infinite knowledge of everything, he was able to develop a drug, taken as a small solid tiny bead-looking thing, that will entrap a soul, and send it through a wormhole that connects Earth and Lato. The Body is left in a coma, while the “pill” settles indigestible in the stomach.

But then where exactly does the soul go if it has no body??? I'll tell you.
To collect the ‘lost’ bodiless souls, he created a device that transfered soul ‘waves’ into radio waves, more or less, and caught them through an antenna.
Then those signals are transfered into data, the data is then decoded to depict the image of the body that housed the soul. Then with some Genetic engineering, a group of scientists begin to grow a body, and age it accordingly. This process in known to take about 3-4 months. The soul is then placed into the New Body and rehabilitated until the soul can use and move the body naturally.
Once Rehabilitation is complete, Another 4-6 months depending, the soul is then given back it's memory. The Memory has to be extracted until this time because of the shock people go through in a body they can't use, can be fairly fatal.
Then there is a little orientation for the new planet the ‘patient’ is on, and they are sent out to the whole.

A Few more Little details
The “hospitals” that these procedures are done at are very discreet in their existence, because (as you can see) soul-traveling isn't that easy, and would cause a lot of …situations if widely known. There are these hospitals on both Earth and Lato, they can send souls, and will also care for the coma bodies left behind, for their soul to return, whenever that may be.The Pills are VERY expensive as well.

Please let me know if there are any questions. I know that these details aren't important to this storyline, but it is interesting to know, plus this also works for just my personal use.

last edited on July 18, 2011 10:30AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon