KISS 4K Webcomic: Creator's Blog

November 2007: Constantine/Celestial, Part 2
Adam Black at 6:52PM, Nov. 1, 2007
(offline)
It's November already! Wow. I hope you guys liked the Shaka story, although we won't be getting back to it until January.

This month, we'll be finishing up the Constantine story, and next month is going to be a little Christmas Surprise I have planned out for you.

Anyway, here we join Tomas, who narrated all of Part one and will be narrating here as well. If you don't remember Tomas, head back to September's pages and give them a re-read.

As Tomas states, this takes place 20 years after the battle in September. A lot of things have happened historically, and some other things specific to the 4K universe are about to happen.

This one's gonna be weird and a little creepy. I hope you enjoy it.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
The Fallen Angel at 8:53AM, Nov. 2, 2007
(online)
I love surprises and I was already pleasantly surprised with this first page. Can't wait to see how this'll end.

The Christmas (KISSmas) surprise also sounds cool.

Btw as always, I've added this issue already to comicbookdb.
Adam Black at 12:57PM, Nov. 2, 2007
(offline)
Thanks, man! Your work on keeping the comicbookdb is always appreciated.

I'm drawing you a picture of the Demon to say “thanks”, but I haven't had much time for it lately. Pencils are almost done, but that's about it. I'm hoping to get it inked and mailed to you soon.
Primitive Screwhead at 4:25AM, Nov. 5, 2007
(offline)
KISS Saves Santa?!
Adam Black at 8:47PM, Nov. 6, 2007
(offline)
Primitive Screwhead
KISS Saves Santa?!

How'd you know? ;)
The Fallen Angel at 11:56PM, Nov. 8, 2007
(online)
Adam Black
Thanks, man! Your work on keeping the comicbookdb is always appreciated.

I'm drawing you a picture of the Demon to say “thanks”, but I haven't had much time for it lately. Pencils are almost done, but that's about it. I'm hoping to get it inked and mailed to you soon.
Don't mention it. And take your time :)
Adam Black at 7:04PM, Nov. 14, 2007
(offline)
Today's Random Observation:

Man, I struggled with writing Shaka last month. Not everwhere, but in places it really put up a fight.

Constantine Part 2, however…this stuff is just writing itself. It's pretty nice.
Adam Black at 1:37PM, Nov. 30, 2007
(offline)
Two things I forgot to add to the comment section of the last page of the Constantine story:

1. Why the sudden appearance of the Elder Celestial? The Elder Starchild didn't show up when Casanova was poisoned. What's this all about? Well, there's a reason for the sudden appearance of this god-like being, but we won't find out for awhile.

2. Out of the four family members we've met this month (Tomas, Helena, Altus, and the unnamed Baboon Dude), one of them actually survives–despite what today's page might make you think. Again: it'll be awhile before we see who, why, and what happens as a result.
The Fallen Angel at 2:36PM, Nov. 30, 2007
(online)
Cool. Will we find out in the webcomic or in the print comic?

Do you actually get guidelines as to what you do? Or do you have to check your stories with Ricky or Gene? Or can you do whatever the hell you want?
Adam Black at 2:44PM, Nov. 30, 2007
(offline)
When I first got started, I had to have approval on the artwork, but that was it.

Since then, they've completely left me to my own devices here. Which is my favorite way to work. This is a GREAT job–I'm absolutely lovin' it.

They do read the webcomic, though. And by “they”, I mean Platinum Dan, Gene and Paul. Possibly Scott Rosenberg, too, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Gene and Paul may or may not actually visit the site here–I'm sure they're busy as hell. However, I regularly send hi-res pages to Platinum, and they print out copies for Gene and Paul to read over. I was told that both of them enjoy the webcomic, and Paul especially thinks it's great. Which is a real work booster. :)

As for your first question: we'll definitely be seeing these things in the webcomic.
The Fallen Angel at 3:25AM, Dec. 3, 2007
(online)
Wauw, that is so cool that you get to do your own thing. Does the same go for the print comic or is that more controlled by Gene and Paul? Or maybe that you don't know.

Btw if you can do your own thing, how do you keep it from contradicting with the print comic? Cause Ricky created a story with a lot of mystery and unsloved questions. I can imagine that you write a story solving one of does questions and then Ricky decides to reveal a different answer in the print comic. Or maybe he has to keep to your story then and you are making his life a lot harder lol!
Adam Black at 11:06AM, Dec. 3, 2007
(offline)
The print book gets overseen more closely by Gene, although I don't really know the particulars. I'm sort of a different team altogether, if you can call one guy a “team”.

As for contradictions: I get to see the scripts months before they're published. However, I still email questions back and forth to make sure I'm not prematurely exposing something vital. Which is why I waited so long to give details about the family curse.

You can see me hinting at it as far back as July, but I didn't really say anything concrete about it till the Elder Celestial showed up on the last page of the Constantine story.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon