KISS 4K Webcomic: Feedback

wwd
wwd at 10:25AM, April 1, 2008
(offline)
Wow…what a BORING story and even worse artwork. I'd LOVE to know what Genie is making from this. He must have a “take” in the whole thing cuz he certainly wouldn't make any money off this….crap.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
shaneronzio at 12:15PM, April 4, 2008
(online)
wow, dude!…you are thrashing one of the best web comics out there that …unless this is really Johnny Rotten and then this would be a huge compliment.

but Mr.Lydon A.K.A. Johnny Rotten would at least put his picture up…
or he wouldn't.
so I say the odds are you are just a spiteful little critic.

KISS 4K the webcomic is ROCK N ROLL in comic form.
you must be viewing the comic on some old computer with a green screen moniter…like an apple IIe or something, because, that would make sense…like you can only see code, and not the wild imagery that is spun onto the web 3 days a week!

All that aside, It is a web comic about…

ROCK N ROLL LEGENDS!

Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
Adam Black at 11:12AM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
Well, thanks for checking it out, man. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

This brings the “OMG UR WEBCOMIC SUX” headcount up to three.

Since I started this thing a year ago, I've received a steady stream of emails and comments from all over the world, and this is only the third one that's been negative.

Tell you the truth, I was expecting a lot more–this is the internet, after all.
wwd at 1:52PM, April 9, 2008
(offline)
Only 3 bad reviews? I'm SHOCKED! Obviously the rabid KISS fans out there haven't seen this yet. If you compare the Webcomic to the regular comics, it's just plain bad. I'm not trashing the person doing it…just the storyline and artwork. Am I jealous that you are doing it with the blessing of KISS? Hell ya! What an opportunity! But, you definetely aren't Todd McFarlane…lol. Could I do better? If given the opportunity…again, HELL YA! But, I'm not in the biz so I will just have to continue to read and wish I was you! Have a great day.
Adam Black at 10:44AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Actually, the comic's very popular with the “rabid Kiss fans” over on kissfansite.com. They love it. Getting some good vibes from a lot of the other Kiss-related forums as well.

As for Todd McFarlane…judging by your tastes in comic artists, as well as your general diction (and amount of “lol” in your posts), I'm gathering that you're in your late teens to mid-twenties. As such, you and I grew up reading entirely different comics, man.

I've never been much of a fan of the “put big, balloony shapes where the muscles should go, then cross-hatch the EVERLOVIN' SHIT out of it” school of comic art. I grew up on John Buscema, Jack Kirby, Ernie Chan, Joe Kubert…you know, the old guys. :)

(Note that, in the above paragraph, I'm referring to 90s comics in general, not Mr McFarlane in particular)

So I can see how this comic might not be your cup of tea.

Can you do better? Show me. I really wanna see. Post something! A pin-up, a character sketch…hell, take one of my pages and redo it completely. Show me how it's supposed to be done, man!

As for story: which one don't you like? I've done seven so far. In three different styles of artwork. Pick one and give me some critiques, man. One of the cool things about the webcomic format is that I get instant feedback. If you've got some particular feedback in mind, fill me in. I'd love to hear it.
wwd at 6:45AM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Adam,

I like your candor! I've actually been a KISS fan since 1976, I was ten. So, I assume we are around the same age. As far as the LOL'ing…lol, just rolling with the changes and having a 16 and 18 year old that I share texts with, I had to learn quickly or get left behind. I like your challenge and will take you up on it. The icon I have actually is the “headshot” of a drawing I did a few years ago. I will try to navigate the site and post it for your pleasure or slamming. I will also “attempt” to redraw a page or two. I won't do it verbatum though. I will try to get a better sense of your story and do it from a different perspective (hopefully). It's kinda like covering a popular song…you want to put your own “spin” on it.

p.s. Sorry about the title. I was jackin' around yesterday with that title and don't know how to change it…just go to “my comics”. You will find my sketch there.

Adam Black at 8:01AM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Oh, shit, you're older than I am. :)

Can't wait to see the art, man.
The Fallen Angel at 1:37AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
I never debate taste. I like this comic and, apperantly, so do a lot of other people. If you don't like it, that's your right.

But I always see a lot of people on the net wasting their time on things they don't like. If you don't like it, don't waste your time. If you don't like this comic, why do you come back here to complain about how much you don't like it? Don't do that and don't put in all the work to show off you can do better. Cause you can't do better. It'd be a matter of taste.

But I like your drawing, so if you decide to waste your time, I'd be happy to see your work and decide for myself which I like better.
wwd at 8:08AM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
First and foremost, I DON'T go looking for the bad stuff just look for the bad stuff. I can't stand folks that do that be it online or in life. But, when I'm dancing around the net looking for new KISS stuff to dazzle my eyeballs and run across this, I had to throw a comment out there. I came across as a bit mean and apologize. You are right tho, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have the right to go elsewhere. Thank you for the nice compliment btw. I see Adam didn't comment on it tho. What did ya think bro? :)
Hambone at 8:51AM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Wow, the audacity of some people! wwd, I've seen your bubblegum muscle, adolescent, over the top shit a thousand times on a thousand different Pee Chee folders - so don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back there, Chief. Your own drawing is just a mess - 999,999 in a million.

Frankly, I wouldn't wipe my ass with this guy's “opinion”.

Move along son, the adults are working here.

You fail.

-Hambone
wwd at 9:55AM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Hamboney…I NEVER said I was at the top of the food chain. Adam asked for a piece of work and I submitted it. Like I said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have your opinion and I have mine. Art is all about getting a REACTION. That is what an artist WANTS. If there is no reaction to his work then he's not doing his job. I offered an opinion. If you were to ask Adam, I'm sure he would tell you that he welcomes ALL opinions. He WANTS a reaction, be it good or bad.

By the way Hamboney…can you do BETTER?
Adam Black at 11:12AM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
wwd
I see Adam didn't comment on it tho. What did ya think bro? :)

The Gene pic, you mean? I like the tones on it. Looks like pencil, but also looks a little like inkwash–it's hard to tell from the scan. What did you use on that?

Also: the offer still stands, man! Draw up a comic page! Lemme see whatcha got.
wwd at 6:58AM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
Adam…NICE work on the last page artistically speaking!
Adam Black at 8:04AM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
Thanks, man!

Still needs to be a little cleaner, though. Check out Monday's page–we'll see if I've tweaked it correctly!
wwd at 11:43AM, April 21, 2008
(offline)
Very nice!
Adam Black at 11:18AM, April 22, 2008
(offline)
Still needs just a little bit more tweaking on the pencil side. ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon