Suggestions Box & Discussions

Kaito/Yukie Romance
wave at 6:31PM, May 2, 2007
(online)
I'm sure the thought has occurred to you at some point or other if you've read Wave: “Are Kaito and Yukie ever gonna get together?” Well, the answer is, I don't know. But YOU do! I'd love to hear people's opinions over how I should handle the currently nonexistent romantic aspect of Wave. Would they be cute together, would it be lame, are they not each other's type, etc. I know it's a little early in the story to be asking this, but any and all feedback is welcome. So let me know what you think!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
Zero7 at 7:01PM, May 2, 2007
(offline)
I think a direct relationship would be lame. But it shouldn't be non-existant. It just shouldn't be apparent from the start. My suggestion is to introduce another female that seems to be the love interest of Kaito(or something along those lines). What I'm trying to say is don't flat out make them go into a realtionship or make it obvious where they're going.
Zero the Hero
Blackfire at 6:14AM, May 3, 2007
(offline)
I was gonna say something along those lines make it indirect. It wouldnt be lame if you just dropped hints to it but didnt make it open.
korosu at 4:59PM, May 3, 2007
(online)
While I would definitely advise against getting them in some sappy shoujo-esque romance, it'd be interesting if you'd go about it as Rumiko Takahashi would, where's you just know that they're going to get together, but seem to never do. At any rate, if you do end up wanting them to hook up, you might want to hold it off until later in the story. Much later.
wave at 5:50PM, May 3, 2007
(online)
Thanks for the tips, people. Josh: that idea actually occured to me, to bring in another female character. I'll definitely be doing that, but I'm not sure if I want her to be all over Kaito… We'll see. For now, I'm going to take everyone's advice and just hint at it from time to time. And don't worry, Korosu, it won't be obvious until later in the story. Although, I do have a scene planned out in chapter 4 or so that'll be both interesting and hilarious. Simply put, Yukie gets hit on and Kaito gets irritated (you know he's jealous!). But I won't elaborate any more than that at the moment. Still. MORE SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. Don't be afraid to repeat what's been said, although new feedback is preferable. Thanks for posting, everyone!
Rina_ran at 10:49AM, May 7, 2007
(offline)
Well there's bound to be love in any story. No matter how unnoticable it might be. The thought of those two together never did go through my head. At the moment they don't seem to be each other's types, and Kaito seriously seems like a loner.

But relations build as the story goes on. I say just stretch it out long. Establish a solid friendship between the two then drop a few hints from both that they sometimes think that they want to go a bit forward. Then maybe give them an ending where it matters on what the reader wants: for them to be together, or just stay friends.

May I get on my knees and beg that you don't pull a Rumiko Takahashi? I'm sorry to go against Korosu's idea but…oh god, Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha…those relationships just danced and danced and stomped on my nerves. Course maybe I got fed up with the whole “We're always fighting even though deep down we love each other” relationships because Rumiko's work is always 200+ episodes it seems. e.e;

korosu at 5:26AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
Okay, so maybe the dancing around isn't such a good idea. I'll give you that. XD And I agree with what Rina_ran said in that Kaito strikes me as being a loner. Because of this, a lot of fangirls might not like the thought of him ending up with any girl. ^^;;
LShay18 at 5:19PM, Feb. 4, 2008
(offline)
*looks around wide eyed* ooh a forum!! Okay spaz over

From a writer's perspective, the possibility that Kaito and Yukie could form a relationship is definitely there, but I must agree that it would kind of be awkward (is that spelled right??) if they got together. If it's going to happen, it won't for a good while yet. I do think that Kaito and Yukie will be really close but Yukie will fall for another guy yet to be introduced.

As for Kaito, I think he will sort of fall for Yukie, but then realize he shouldn't get into that sort of relationship with anyone. The reason why could be debated ;P Maybe some dark secret concerning his power?

Just my idea
LShay18 at 5:23PM, Feb. 4, 2008
(offline)
Oh ya! I think it would be a great idea to bring in some extremely annoying girl that is all over Kaito. It would open up for comic relief as well as a new branch for the arc. lol she could be the new pyro-mage's sister or something!! That would be hilarious!
wave at 7:30PM, Feb. 18, 2008
(online)
LShay18: Good ideas, all of them. I've played around with possibilities like that, and they're all still open for consideration.

Coincidentally enough, Jotaro (the pyromage) does have a sister, but she has a very different role in the story. Very different indeed. I'll say no more for now.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon