Discussion

Ideas for the next part of the contest
allanah at 7:05AM, May 30, 2007
(online)
Hi there, I'm really enjoying this contest and I want to be sure to keep up with it. I found myself up all night last night finishing my entry since I was busy most of last week, weekend and start of this week. I wonder if we could get an idea of what the next theme will be so we can start to plan ahead a bit.
Any ideas would be appreciated and I hope everyone else can benefit from a bit of a head start. Even if its just the theme and not the dialogue, I just need more time for the actual drawing.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
usedbooks at 8:44AM, May 30, 2007
(online)
The next part is “talent.” I already drew mine. (Yeah, I'm just over-excited. I had a good idea.)
allanah at 8:51AM, May 30, 2007
(online)
Oh! How did you know? I really wanted to start now while I have the time. Monday, and Tuesday of next week is just awful for me because I am on placement at a daycare with toddlers so I'm exhausted after and don't have any energy to draw. I had to have a loooong nap before working on the swimsuit entry yesterday. It just doesn't work :P
I will have to think of something. Talent seems difficult for my character….
usedbooks at 8:55AM, May 30, 2007
(online)
allanah
Talent seems difficult for my character….
One of mine is rather talent-less, so I drew him “attempting” something. :D

Oh, and I knew because it was set up way back in the original thread in the Community Projects forum.
chee2424 at 9:27AM, June 1, 2007
(online)
I was thinking about that too, I was thinking about hosting it an putting up five events instead of three. And making it a month long contest. With standings every wednesday (to give ppl a reason to like wednesday). I got an idea for artist who get tired and still make the contest.
deleted-byrequest-03 at 7:40PM, June 1, 2007
(offline)
chee2424
I was thinking about that too, I was thinking about hosting it an putting up five events instead of three. And making it a month long contest. With standings every wednesday (to give ppl a reason to like wednesday). I got an idea for artist who get tired and still make the contest.

Yeah, I think it should be longer, too… But I think that would be more work for the ones holding the contest.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
usedbooks at 6:16AM, June 4, 2007
(online)
I have a good idea for a spin-off contest. ;-)

Drunk Duck Talent Show. Hehe. I don't know how it would work, but I thought about it while creating my talent entries.

Oooo… Or Drunk Duck Olympics.
chee2424 at 12:48PM, June 5, 2007
(online)
DancingChaos
chee2424

Yeah, I think it should be longer, too… But I think that would be more work for the ones holding the contest.

your right, but the more you put in the more you get out of it.

How about a 64-team playoff seperate by populaurity. Think of the upsets, but then it still a popularity contest.
Warspritecomic at 12:31PM, June 9, 2007
(online)
It's all a popularity contest. We all know that. It's happens in every contest, but to get popular, get better at drawing. I'm sorry but I think I missed your entries (nothing personal) but by the sounds of things, your art ain't too good. But heck, mines probably worse but doing things like this will help you gain popularity thus making you more likely to win these things.

I'm not upset if there is a popularity contest. I think of it as a way to practice and get better (since I know I'm not going to win)

But it's people like you who complain about this that makes us feel upset. It's not like that the winners will get much out of it, apart from a bit of publicity, so what's the worry?
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon