Voting

Female - Formal Wear
usedbooks at 7:33AM, May 24, 2007
(online)
Huntress
So far this thing totally looks like a fan based thing. I hope the winner wins because of their art and not because of a fan club. I just had to say that.

I agree
These posts probably belong in a separate thread… I just wanted to say, I don't know who most of the characters I voted for are, since I read only a very few comics here. ;-) But I'm not voting for “best art” either. It's not an art contest.

DancingChaos
It's a beauty contest, meaning the character wins if he's/she's hot inside and out, not depending on how well they're drawn. There may be a character that's not too well drawn, but is still very sexy. Well, at least, I think so :)
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
MadCat at 7:47AM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
usedbooks
Huntress
So far this thing totally looks like a fan based thing. I hope the winner wins because of their art and not because of a fan club. I just had to say that.

I agree
These posts probably belong in a separate thread… I just wanted to say, I don't know who most of the characters I voted for are, since I read only a very few comics here. ;-) But I'm not voting for “best art” either. It's not an art contest. (If it was, I wouldn't have bothered entering. I could pour hours of work into my submission and be no where near as nice as most of the others…)

DancingChaos
It's a beauty contest, meaning the character wins if he's/she's hot inside and out, not depending on how well they're drawn. There may be a character that's not too well drawn, but is still very sexy. Well, at least, I think so :)

That's exactly what this is all for. That's why each deadline comes with questions for the “contestants.” Your decision is meant to be based on: The physical attractiveness of the character; the design, relevance and execution of their outfits; and their personality; with the quality of art coming in last.

Unfortunately, the fanbase issue will arise no matter what because these characters and their creators have fans who want to support them and will favor those characters because they “know” them and identify with them. The only way to avoid it would be to completely throw out the public voting and leave the judging up to an impartial, uninvolved committee.

But we like the fact that you guys make the final decision. We want you all to feel like your votes will make a difference. And they can, and will.

I was kinda thrown into this at the last minute, and things have been rather hectic, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the contest and make it as fair as possible for everyone, regardless of fanbase to win based on creativity and characterization…so far I've been coming up short-handed…
wyldflowa at 8:38AM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Well then! For my second vote I'll have to go for Eve from Misfit Assassins! I love her outfit and pose and Flipper's outfit and pose too. X3
mlai at 9:24AM, May 24, 2007
(online)
This is ridiculous. Shouldn't there be a thread with images of all the contestants, and with links to each's best comics pages, if we're going to have a contest like this?

What am I supposed to do, hunt down all these contestants by myself?

Don't expect me to vote.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
usedbooks at 10:48AM, May 24, 2007
(online)
mlai
This is ridiculous. Shouldn't there be a thread with images of all the contestants, and with links to each's best comics pages, if we're going to have a contest like this?

Don't expect me to vote.
I think your votes are supposed to be based solely on the entries in the contest (images and text).
chee2424 at 10:59AM, May 24, 2007
(online)
usedbooks
mlai

Don't expect me to vote.

I think your votes are supposed to be based solely on the entries in the contest (images and text…)

here is the link, just read this from the beginning
http://www.drunkduck.com/Drunk_Duck_Beauty_Contest/
chee2424 at 11:40AM, May 24, 2007
(online)
MadCat
usedbooks
Huntress

I agree
These posts probably belong in a separate thread… I just wanted to say, I don't know who most of the characters I voted for are, since I read only a very few comics here. ;-) But I'm not voting for “best art” either. It's not an art contest. (If it was, I wouldn't have bothered entering. I could pour hours of work into my submission and be no where near as nice as most of the others…)

DancingChaos

This is true because of the way the contest was set up.
This is what you do:
is let this finish and then take out those top five and ban them from the next one. Thats opens the doors for other artists and add awards and restict votes

That's exactly what this is all for. That's why each deadline comes with questions for the “contestants.” Your decision is meant to be based on: The physical attractiveness of the character; the design, relevance and execution of their outfits; and their personality; with the quality of art coming in last.

Unfortunately, the fanbase issue will arise no matter what because these characters and their creators have fans who want to support them and will favor those characters because they “know” them and identify with them. The only way to avoid it would be to completely throw out the public voting and leave the judging up to an impartial, uninvolved committee.

But we like the fact that you guys make the final decision. We want you all to feel like your votes will make a difference. And they can, and will.

I was kinda thrown into this at the last minute, and things have been rather hectic, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the contest and make it as fair as possible for everyone, regardless of fanbase to win based on creativity and characterization…so far I've been coming up short-handed…

This is true because of the way the contest was set up. Now throwing out public voting for a better contest, not really.

This is what you do:
is let this finish
then take out those top five
ban them from the next one
Take those and any entries who are charcters in the top 1000 into a different fan based contest.
Add more awards let everyone know what they are best at.
resrict those votes one per cat, no more than 2 at all
add more weeks for more votes
a month is enough time to determine a winner.
I know this doesn't sound fun.

Thats opens the doors for other artists and encourage the wild cards the safety that they seek. That why the contest isn't just for the sharks, it's for the sea.

Now for the beauty on the outside/inside thats crap, becauz every girl here is pretty everyone including me are voting for their character or how i would say a character that they know. Okay then is any one in the top 5 in the contest that isn't in the top 1000 at drunk duck. It don't matter how much beauty on the outside you want the contest to showthis is just another high school populaurity contest. If you want this to more fair you should encourage the fans to look at the other guys and girls in their comics that they don't know. I don't have much but I got at least one page on both of my entries. As for my votes making a difference ………….. uhhhhhhhh no because the contest is set up for the “Cool kids”. About this being thrown at you, If you need help with the contest lets us know and somebody would try to make an attempt. Everyone put alot of work on their drawings, just to be beaten by a populaur character. If boise state can beat Oklahoma, we should get a fair shot. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't join this thing for 2 people to comment and get no damn votes. If I could I would vote for every one who doesn't have one. Just so i could be that one unbias bastard voter here.

It's week one, but wednesday we will see if those questions actually matter.It's still week one and we will see if they will be any changes (But i highly doubt it.)
Saint John at 12:54PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
mlai

Don't expect me to vote.

Or at least a poll of some sort, counting all these votes as it is is a pain…
Time, line? Time isn't made of lines, it's made of circles! That's why clocks are round.
Locoma at 1:49PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Please discuss about the contest in the proper thread, you're making it more difficult to count the votes

My second female vote is for Princess from “Marital Bliss” mainly because of the hot daring dress and the huuuuuuuuuuge tail
Storm Owl at 3:36PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
I vote for Rachel from alternate earth and Kira from dawn till dusk
Kaida_Shibata at 3:55PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Great two votes! then mine are Yuki Ohtani ( I don't want to see her curled up on my couch pouting) and Eve with Flipper!
Never meddle in the affairs of cats for they are clever and you sleep with your mouth open.

Nevain at 4:12PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Definatelly Honey and …( so hard to decide) Kira Nitestream
Crayonpaint3 at 4:52PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
My first vote is for Angela Michelli…

My second is for Honey Butter
Omegaguy at 4:56PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Nancy the necro.
Woah, I like bouncing on my fat little ass, don't I?
finalfantasyfreak_07 at 5:32PM, May 24, 2007
(online)
Shweee, second-vote time!

I think I shall vote for White Hole. The design is so very simple, yet appealing.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Alternate_Earth/

“N00b?! Why, them's fightin' l337!”
Tommie Kelly at 5:55PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Wasn't this meant to be a bit of fun? :(

chee2424
MadCat
usedbooks
Huntress

I agree

DancingChaos

This is what you do:
is let this finish and then take out those top five and ban them from the next one. Thats opens the doors for other artists and add awards and restict votes

This is true because of the way the contest was set up. Now throwing out public voting for a better contest, not really.

This is what you do:
is let this finish
Take those and any entries who are charcters in the top 1000 into a different fan based contest.

Thats opens the doors for other artists and encourage the wild cards the safety that they seek. That why the contest isn't just for the sharks, it's for the sea.

Now for the beauty on the outside/inside thats crap, becauz every girl here is pretty everyone including me are voting for their character or how i would say a character that they know. Okay then is any one in the top 5 in the contest that isn't in the top 1000 at drunk duck. It don't matter how much beauty on the outside you want the contest to showthis is just another high school populaurity contest. If you want this to more fair you should encourage the fans to look at the other guys and girls in their comics that they don't know. I don't have much but I got at least one page on both of my entries. As for my votes making a difference ………….. uhhhhhhhh no because the contest is set up for the “Cool kids”. About this being thrown at you, If you need help with the contest lets us know and somebody would try to make an attempt. Everyone put alot of work on their drawings, just to be beaten by a populaur character. If boise state can beat Oklahoma, we should get a fair shot. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't join this thing for 2 people to comment and get no damn votes. If I could I would vote for every one who doesn't have one. Just so i could be that one unbias bastard voter here.

It's week one, but wednesday we will see if those questions actually matter.It's still week one and we will see if they will be any changes (But i highly doubt it.)

Omegaguy at 6:17PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Oh, and my second vote is Tommie Kelly's entry.
Woah, I like bouncing on my fat little ass, don't I?
chii at 7:46AM, May 25, 2007
(offline)
I say ol' chaps! I believe for the female wear Princess from Marital Bliss FOR THE WIN!

BUHAHAHA VOTE 5
qdawg
Chii you are an everflowing fountain of lol.
Someone basicly said
Condemning someone for internet art theft… That's like saying that you hate someone forever because they took a shit in your toilet. Or something.
“With her +2 mace of unfriendliness… She hath slayeth The bunny.” -Chii :cat:
Kristen Gudsnuk at 8:58AM, May 25, 2007
(offline)
nancy the necromancer and melissa benefield from get Up and Go!!! ^_^!!!
(wow, I don't even read nancy the necromancer but now I feel like I really should!!)
IZON at 9:55AM, May 25, 2007
(offline)
i vote for CASEY ORCHARD from THE END!!
Cthulhu at 5:06PM, May 25, 2007
(online)
Nancy, and Kira.
Tantz_Aerine at 12:33PM, May 26, 2007
(online)
O.o I am not sure how we vote, but I'd like to vote for Paula..

and um, a second vote for Kira Nitestream.
Chameleon at 10:10PM, May 26, 2007
(online)
I'd like my two votes go to the character Kira from “From Dawn till Dusk”… awesome art and I love her dress ;)
Hikari at 12:16AM, May 27, 2007
(offline)
Honey Butter is my first vote x)
I mean, who doesn't love her? c;

And my second vote is for Rachel from Alternate Earth c:
Tamerlane at 4:27PM, May 27, 2007
(online)
Oh we can vote twice. Almost missed that. Hmm this is even harder now. So many other good choices. I've narrowed it down to Paula and Angela because I absolutely love their dresses among other things. I guess I'm going to go with Angela because I love the colors.
MadCat at 3:11AM, May 29, 2007
(offline)
I'm closing the voting now. No more votes will be counted.
Ludus Pragma at 1:32PM, May 29, 2007
(offline)
After a lot of thought I am going to have to put my vote (or votes) behind Rachel from Alternate Earth. Her style on the catwalk was won me over.

Edit

Opps the form is closed. Guess I should have read the very last post.
hobbitgoddess at 4:12PM, May 29, 2007
(offline)
Maybe art is too broad a word. Art is everything from characteristics of the character to the art. I didn't just mean their drawing skills. Yes this is meant to be fun. I was really just saying that I hope people look at every part of the character from the personality to the art and at all of the characters. Not just your favorite comic artist's.

Shoot me if you want to.

Tommie Kelly

chee2424
MadCat
usedbooks
Huntress

I agree

DancingChaos

This is what you do:

This is what you do:
is let this finish

…woh
chee2424 at 4:25PM, May 29, 2007
(online)
hobbitgoddess
Maybe art is too broad a word. Art is everything from characteristics of the character to the art. I didn't just mean their drawing skills. Yes this is meant to be fun. I was really just saying that I hope people look at every part of the character from the personality to the art and at all of the characters. Not just your favorite comic artist's.

Shoot me if you want to.

Tommie Kelly

chee2424
MadCat
usedbooks
Huntress

I agree

DancingChaos

This is what you do:

This is what you do:
is let this finish

true but it's still a popuarity contest. Now should we vote for ones we would date cuz thats my next voting idea.
theorah at 6:27PM, May 29, 2007
(online)
In all honesty I feel that the fact I read the comics, in which the characters I voted for come from, helped me pick them out over other characters. I did try to be fair, but in the end it was hard to get much of the actual ‘character’ from the majority of the images, so I ended up leaning towards characters whose personalitys I already knew and enjoyed! ^^; Since the questions in the next entry will show more of a characters personality, it will probably be harder for me to choose, and I may choose a different character to the ones I chose in this round! ^_^

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon