RPGination Official

IMPORTANT VOTING DISCUSSION THINGY!
DruidJP585 at 3:33PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(online)
Or we could possible make ‘tiles’ and place them on a top-front view I could do something like that in flash….or anime studio pro.

Actually I think it would be better if we made it in birds eye view.
Using 100x100 scale we could make tiles that we would arrange on a map.

I could arrange it so all these tiles could be placed on a table grid.

Like the following I have demonstrated at this link.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Worlds/html/Map.html

Map
A

B

As you can see by the code, all cells are automatically the correct width. The background layer is used for the landscape, while you can put items into the cell to act as its contents. You can even add multiple layers by using nested multiple tables as seen by the death cults gates example. The lowest layer is the gates, the second layer is steve, and the final layer is the title.

Overall I believe this is easiest as a map like this can be quickly updated. Also, images could be turned into links, which could lead to closeups and such.
Also, we would all work with standard size cells.

I also put in some classes that allow us to make things span multiple cells. For example the Mountain could span two cells and link to a closer map. The top mountain cell would have a class of “linkcell nobottom” and the bottom one would have a class of “linkcell notop”. Combined they would put a blue border around the cell. As seen in the example (sans mountain).

If someone makes a general sketch of the layout, I can then make it into the grid layout.
Tiles I can make easily: Grass, Tree, River, Ice, Plain, Sea. I can also make multi terrain tiles such those that that are on the coastline. …then again, that is just a landscape tile that goes on top of another landscape title.

….buildings and mountains…I am not so good at.
"If I was given four words to describe myself, Animus cum multiplex animus" - J.
“There are people changing forms. There are people changing sides.
Who is friend now, and who is foe though.”
-J
“This is what its like when worlds collide.”-Powerman
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
The mediocre one at 6:43PM, Aug. 23, 2007
(offline)
map i say someone draws instead of programs, no offense druid, it's just that a drawn thing would fit in more with a drawn project.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
DruidJP585 at 8:04PM, Sept. 27, 2007
(online)
…so no animation or html…aw
"If I was given four words to describe myself, Animus cum multiplex animus" - J.
“There are people changing forms. There are people changing sides.
Who is friend now, and who is foe though.”
-J
“This is what its like when worlds collide.”-Powerman

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon