FreeFall Drift Forum

Chapter 01 Page 14 Development.
freefall_drift at 10:11PM, July 2, 2007
(online)
Here's the page being worked.

I've written the script for this page, roughed in paragraph shapes and this is my working rough.

As always, I use Poser to block out the character's positions according to my rough layout. I like to make a dupe of the guide art and blur it, so when I ink, i'm not tracing the face, i'm interpreting the face. I'll trace the hands, it takes forever to get them right.

Working the first panel. I've given him his expression, done my thickest outline, and added clothes. I forgot his church marks, I'll have to add them later.

Freefall Drift - A sci fi space opera of a starship's mission of stopping the Endless Kings.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
freefall_drift at 9:30PM, July 3, 2007
(online)
Finished the figure in the first panel. Went on to the next panel. Did the faces and added the expressions. Added some thin shape defining lines/texture.

Freefall Drift - A sci fi space opera of a starship's mission of stopping the Endless Kings.
freefall_drift at 8:15PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Added Dante's to the last panel.

After re reading Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics, he reminded me that if the text is carrying the panel, the graphics can be less tied to the text.
And I finished the last panel. In line art, Dante's body looks like mess with all those bandages. What was I thinking!

Added Background to first & second panel.

Finished background and changed Dante to Ruun in the 4th panel.

freefall_drift at 10:29PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Grey Scale

Color

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon