Feedback!

Evil Emperor Nick's Post
spacehamster at 2:34PM, Aug. 23, 2007
(online)
First off, let me say thanks again for the extensive critique - highly appreciated. There's some stuff I wanted to respond to separately, and I thought it would be easier here even though nobody ever looks at this forum. I'll stop by your comic this weekend to return the favor, I just kinda don't have time right now. Anyway…

You've been doing lips much better in these B-)

I think you need to work on conveying a sense of wonder and power into your action. I know most people would say focus on line art or anatomy or something like that but honestly that didn't bug me. What does bother me is when I see a gazzilion volts of electricity which doesn't make me stop and say “AWSOME!”

Yeah, I totally agree. It needs more Oomph, plain and simple. The thing is, that effect comes from things like extreme camera angles and exaggerated foreshortening, which are difficult to pull off from a technical point of view and I'm really still learning how to do this stuff. I'm really trying to crank up the dynamics on the action scenes I'm drawing now.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:25AM
Evil Emperor Nick at 12:53PM, Aug. 30, 2007
(offline)
FYI - I'm still reading but I don't like to nitpick individual pages except for art. I'll probably post another long comment at the end of Issue 2 when I can comment on that section of the story all at once.

Evil Emperor Nick at 12:53PM, Aug. 30, 2007
(offline)
FYI - I'm still reading but I don't like to nitpick individual pages except for art. I'll probably post another long comment at the end of Issue 2 when I can comment on that section of the story all at once.

spacehamster at 4:49AM, Sept. 1, 2007
(online)
Cool, thanks - I'm very interested to hear what you think once this one's in the can.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon