Altimatium

Somthing's been bothering me...
radde at 4:20PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Reading the recent pages, and the comments attached to them, you seem to think the defensive value of metool alloy is dependent on hardness and thickness…

but that doesn't make sense.

It's long since been confirmed that mega man's weapon is plasma based. ('plasma bullet' i believe was how his shots were described.) but plasma is ionized gas, and as such would have very little physical force behind it. it's destructiveness comes from its electromagnetic and thermal properties. there are very few substances that can come in contact with it and not be destroyed. as far as i know, almost all of the ones that can are precious metals, and only because of their electrical conductivity.

that being the case, alloys like metool alloy and star metal, which are impervious to mega man's buster, would more than likely be soft much like the pure metals they would have to be made from. There are actual in-game example of this, such as the Mega Arm/Rush Armor being able to harm robotmasters and destroy enemies, in situations when his buster is useless.

in addition those same conductive properties that make it useful would become a problem when applied to a humanoid form. a humanoid form would need joints, meaning gaps in the armor. if those gaps are wide, they make an easy target, if not the Laws of Electrodynamics would indicate a charge that strong will try to go from one plate to the other, and the only path would be THROUGH the joint, frying it.

Example: shot hits chest and tries to dissipate, to do so, it would have to reach a large enough mass. usually the ground.
but to get there, it has to go through Enker's armor first, jumping gaps at his Waist, Thighs, and knees. causing secondary damage.

Now, it's believed that the origional Enker already had this alloy for most of his armor and had component's designed to overcome that flaw, using his staff as an outlet for the excess energy collected. so adding more of the same probably wouldn't make for much of an improvement either.
The universe is a video game, the apocalypse is just someone pressing the reset button.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:24AM
Altimas at 4:49PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
…Wow

Now, what *I* think of met metal, is that it is extremly strong, and that it has an electromagnetic force surrounding it, making it so that Physical and engergetic attacks don't damage it, or barely harming it, if you will
Life and Death are words but, do they really have any meaning…
Flashlight Antics at 7:27PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Oh, cool…a scientific view on complete fiction! Let me shatter your views with complete nonsense!!!

Sure, plasma is a gas that is charged, but for it to travel like electricity it would have to lose that gaseous form.

Gas acts completely different from electricity. Electricity tries to find outlets and discharge itself where as gas rises when exposed to heat. Therefore, plasma looses its effectiveness when the gas and charged ions separate. I would imagine that this is a violent reaction and is probably the underlying cause for the devastating effectiveness of it. HOWEVER, if it hits a heat resistant object its reaction would be waisted.

But then…that still leaves the charged ions to deal with, doesn't it? I'll save the time for Altimas and give a shit reason to debunk that little problem…his joints are enforced by rubber. It is the PERFECT explanation. It is flexible, light, and it DOESN'T conduct a charge.

“Gee, Jamie, what do you think we can call this one?”
“Well, Adam, I think we can call it…BUSTED!”
This is Flashlight Antics, subbing in for your resident ass hole =D

In short…there is ALWAYS an explanation for science in fictional worlds…know this now, young padiwan…and you shall learn to harness the powers of the force!
“Vita est tristis tunc vos pereo”
-Latin, literally translated “Life sucks then you die”
radde at 8:41PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
nice try, but i've had debates about Warp Theory with Trekies before. You'll have to do better than that to break me.

the ionized material impacting and interacting with the non ionized material would cause significant heat, electrical discharges, and the possibility of an unstable chemical reaction as molecular and ionic bonds could easily be disrupted by the exchange of electrons.

even a non conductive material can be forced to take a charge if the charge is strong enough. (wood is non conductive, but a tree can still be riped apart from the inside by a lightning bolt passing through it.) and plasma is usualy ionized to the point of having NO electrons left. if you started with a material such as mercury vapor, radium oxide, or other heavy elements as raw material, even a teaspoon full would have one hell of a nasty charge to it.
The universe is a video game, the apocalypse is just someone pressing the reset button.
Flashlight Antics at 10:52PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Flashlight Antics
…there is ALWAYS an explanation for science in fictional worlds…
…I rest my case…sort of.

All of that STILL doesn't explain how a gas and charged ions can act in the same matter. Sure (given enough energy) electricity could be conducted through rubber…you have proven that point…but that still doesn't cover the matter of the fact that the ions loose all of their power when they hit the object strong enough to take the heat of the force. The reaction is wasted and the gases are separated from the ions, the ions no longer have the gases to feed them the energy, the ions cannot conduct through the rubber, the ions are dissipated through the ground safely. Reaction wasted.

When you can FULLY explain WHAT kind of reaction plasma uses to form, hold, and use its energy…THEN we can talk non-fiction stuff. But for now I think it is safe to say that anyone with the technology capable of MAKING plasma also has the technology capable of absorbing it/rendering it useless.

All of that leads me back to my quote…I rest my case…and warp theory is crap…to many ways to prove it wrong…
Altimas at 4:50PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
STOP WITH THE SMART TALK! YOU GUYS ARE MAKING MY BRAIN HURT!

Jeez! What is with all that?
Flashlight Antics at 5:40PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
Chilaxe…we are just participating in a ritual called ‘geek speak’. If you do not understand it then you have not harnessed your inner geek yet.

In other words we are talking about things that are scientific in nature but fictional in basis. None of this stuff has been PROVEN and, therefore, is all science fiction.

*All we have to go on is hear-say, comic book bibles, and TV show theories. None of this makes sense because none of this is REAL.* But you didn't hear that from me…
Altimas at 4:40PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
Okay, I found a way to end this once and for all *ahem* YOU GUYS ARE ARGUING ABOUT A GAME AND COMIC WHERE LEAD BUBBLES HURT FAKE ALIENS!
Vindu at 6:19AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
……… wow that was the biggest load of techno-babble I ever had. And believe me guys I watched all Stargate series, a bit Star Trek and a lot of Andromeda so I know when I see techno-babble. Heh you should see me and Dred arguing about superpowers and fantasy mechanics that shit is weird ^^
republic56 at 7:14AM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
met medel is hard and plasma bounces off of it when shot at it. but maybe TNT would blow it up
hey check out our comic pokemon the raven chronicles at: http://www.drunkduck.com/Pokemon_The_Raven_Chronicles/

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon