News and announcements

Shades Volume 1 - now in print!
DAJB at 9:00AM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
Phew! It's only taken us seven years to put this together, but a print version of "Shades" is finally a reality! Written by me and illustrated in full colour by Harsho Mohan Chattoraj, Volume 1 is available now, either from IndyPlanet.com or from my very own Broken Voice Comics website. The concluding part (Volume 2) should be available in just over a month.

Now, if you've stumbled into this forum, I'm guessing you've already read Shades online here at DD but, just in case anyone doesn't know … what's this Shades thing all about? Set (mostly!) in the present-day UK, Shades is an action/adventure story, with a just a hint of the superheroic about it! It poses the question “what makes a hero?” while also examining the traits and characteristics which have come to define the British national character. Sounds heavy? Never fear - we've also packed it full to the brim with fisticuffs and explosions!

While it was being serialised here at DD, readers dubbed Shades “a Watchmen for a modern audience” and “a British Watchmen”. All very flattering obviously but, to be honest, we were just as proud of this quote: "super enjoyable from start to finish!"
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:23AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon