News and announcements

E.C. Nickel - joining Shades as artist!
DAJB at 6:23AM, June 22, 2008
(online)
Well, at last I have some positive news to report … No, scrap that - I have some unbelievably positive news to report! Brazilian artist E.C. Nickel is joining Shades!

It's funny how things turn out sometimes. When I knew I had to find a new artist for Shades, I knew that the ideal candidate would be someone like E.C. Nickel - someone with a style of their own, but a style that would not jar when set against that of Harsho's chapters.

I was aware of Nickel's work from his own comics The Long Vigil, Immortality and Thy Will Be Done. Not for one minute, however, did I imagine he would be interested in working on a project of mine, especially one that would require as significant a commitment as Shades.

It was only after I'd failed to find the right type of artist through advertising, that I finally summoned up the courage to approach Nickel himself - very much in hope rather than expectation! To my complete surprise, my email to Nickel crossed with one from him to me. He told me how much he'd been enjoying Shades and how sorry he was to read about Harsho's departure. He also suggested he'd be interested in collaborating with me on a new project!

That new project is still something we're both interested in taking forward in the future but the immediate result of that exchange was that Nickel agreed to join Shades as the penciller and inker for Volume 2 (i.e. for Chapter 9 onwards). I can't tell you how excited I am about this - it means that not only are we one step nearer to bringing you the rest of this story but, when we do, it's going to look superb!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:23AM
scifiwim at 4:09AM, June 24, 2008
(offline)
Superb!

It's funny how often a little wishful thinking can bring us results that exceed our own expectations!

Good luck Mr. Nickel!
Abt_Nihil at 3:12AM, June 27, 2008
(offline)
Man, that's some great news. Congratulations… to us all :-)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon