new page/chapter discussions

Chapter 3 Page 08
MauveButterfly at 10:59AM, Dec. 8, 2007
(offline)
How convenient. Looks like Crimson has somebody on the inside. What has Lesshie got against Obsidian (and his family) anyway? She doesn't seem interested in helping Crimson so much as throwing a wrench into Obsidian's affairs. Pursuit of knowledge?

Earlier (Chapter 1) Lesshie expresses disapproval of Obsidian's treatment of his slave, so it is also possible that her motivation is moral in nature. Not getting any hints of that from this chapter though.

Thoughts?
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:23AM
Lesshira at 11:46AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
Moral?
Most definately.

From square one, it's been an issue of moral and ethical obligation. A series of compelling notions leading towards a later revision of the essense of character.
Complexity is the bane to the minds of many, but a nurtured soul will steadily grasp at straws until true conclusion is met.

:3
MauveButterfly at 8:57PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
I can't help but think you might be a bit biased in your assertion, given your connection to the character in question. Please never make the assumption that any attack on my part against Lesshie is an attack on your personal character.

Morality and ethics, though easy to judge by our standards, must also take into account the pervasive culture under examination. Is slavery wrong? Most people would tell you that it is. In the setting of this tale, however, slavery is seen as a proper response to certain illicit behaviours. As such, slavery falls within the umbrella of ethical and moral concern of this society.

Perhaps a better question would have been as follows: Is the character of Lesshie opposed to the practice of slavery in general, or is she specifically opposed to the abuse that Obsidian doles out from his position of power over Crimson? Also, an investigation into the connections between Lesshie's family and that of Obsidian (particularly concerning one aunt) may prove illuminating to the root of Lesshie's dissent.

Simplicity may lead one to a better understanding, but the pursuit of simplicity can often fail to yield a relevant conclusion.
Lesshira at 1:21AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Oh, I never took such as an attack. XD
I was simply stating my opinion, in an open-ended debate-inspiring form. :3

Besides, as far as “we're” concerned:
Slavery is all fine and dandy, as long as the gorgeous little lasses are mine! <3
XD
MauveButterfly at 12:01AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Oh of course! As long as one is the master of a master-slave relationship, slavery is all good. Silly me.

I don't like feeling like I've misinterpreted something somewhere along the way…
Lesshira at 5:06PM, Dec. 19, 2007
(offline)
Naw, that hits it right on the head! XD
SLAVERY IS BAD!
VIVA LA FREEDOM!

… >.>;
COME TO MY BEDROOM!

What do you mean “These shackles seem familiar”?
No, no, that's just for fun.
Now put them on.
And take off your pants.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon