Lee blogs.

Lee's Commentary.
not_too_shabby at 8:32AM, March 30, 2008
(offline)
Okay. So. We're at Chapter 2.

Here goes.

This chapter, you will see a lot of Garrett. Sorry, Hans fans, but everyone's favorite cannibal has to stay inside. Remember: they're running from the law.

I did this chapter and the next one while I was doing about one-to-two pages a day. I apologize for the art style, which suffered greatly. I promise that the art improves and you will see a progression as it does. But for the time the technique may suck.

Once again, I apologize.

But anyhow, in this chapter, you will find out something rather important about Leonard! And you guys are gonna be all OMGWUT?! And then things are going to click and you're gonna be all “oh I see wut u did thar.”

And then we will have some tea.
That's the most heartwarming McDonald's commercial that I have ever seen.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:21AM
not_too_shabby at 8:41PM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Thursday, April 12: I discover that some people find Garrett and the girl with the hat to be cannon. It makes me giggle immensely.

Also… prepare for womanizing! As a blonde myself, I found the line “blondes can be things” rather hilarious. You may find his affinity for blondes to be a running theme, though not altogether a limit. Its kind of like this:

Garrett likes:
Girls—girls with boobs—blonde girls with boobs

In other circumstances:
Booze—strong booze— hard liquor

And in most circumstances:
Sex—-sex—sex.

Now that we fully understand the flowchart, we can combine these things for Garrett in his natural state: which by the end of the night might be naked and unconscious. You decide on which came first and in what circumstances.
not_too_shabby at 11:50PM, April 26, 2008
(offline)
Saturday/Sunday April… 27? Time as we know it has ceased to flow chronologically…

Okay. Even though no one really checks this forum… like… at all… even though it was practically begged of me to start one… -glares at Vella- I'm going to continue posting stuff. Just in case someone happens to be bored enough to wander in here. Which is beginning to be less and less likely as I watch myself fall off the top 500…

We're coming up on 10000 pageviews, guys! Which is amazing, I do admit. And when that happens, I'll put up another page as opposed to our usual two. And as you may know from my commentbox, I'm on TopWebcomics. If you vote me into the Top 500… I will update three times a week… until I run out of material. Which, I'm telling you now… is a long time coming. You guys are up to… what? 30-something? Yeah… uh… I think I have about 139 or so pages finished total. So. Y'know. Feel free to vote me in. All this holding out on you guys is killing me inside. Really, it is.

Anyways… as for actual commentary on the upcoming and past pages, very soon you shall find out something very important and interesting about Leonard. Oh. And its also awesome. As in “I wish I could do that” awesome. So… for the 0 people out there reading this: Have fun waiting. Muhaha.
not_too_shabby at 11:16AM, May 18, 2008
(offline)
May 18

I told you guys it wasn't a doorknob…

I apologize for the art style. trudge through it for another chapter and I promise you'll see some improvement in the future. Hans will be back and you may see a different side of him. Yeah, I know… everyone loves the creepy Hans. Don't worry, Hans is still creepy.

Keep reading.

Or… watching.

What the hell am I doing here? No one checks this forum anyway.
not_too_shabby at 1:29PM, June 1, 2008
(offline)
June 1, 2008.

Welcome to plot arc A: carnivorous ink. In this section, you'll get to know our lovely lady friends, see our main characters kick some serious ass, the introduction of color into our normally scheduled webcomic. Limited color scheme, though. So it will still have that gritty look that people seem to like. And… well… I seem to like, for that matter. Unfortunately, supplies are expensive. Expect waxing and waning of style as I experiment with color and medium of varying qualities.

In other news, for four glorious hours this morning The Bend was on the top 100 of TWC. In fact, it was #18.

I feel bad for surpassing Girl Genius, but it was only for a little while.

Otherwise, I feel awesome.
not_too_shabby at 5:43PM, June 6, 2008
(offline)
June 6, 2008.

This is a post out of boredom. And because Panera has free Internet access, which I plan on using, dagnambit!

Currently, we're at 242 on TWC. Sweeeeeet.

The end of Chapter 3 is at hand! REPENT REPENT OF YOUR SINS!

Blah blah blah… Bekka's a douchebag for reading over my shoulder. Go away Bekka.

Bekka says I has a flavor.

Wut.

In other news, I've started doing some watercolor. Of the characters. If anyone wants to buy prints, I'll gladly sell them. I mean… I need a donating incentive anyhow… >>

And since no one reads these: Snickblit flartybart womFOO!
not_too_shabby at 5:10AM, June 13, 2008
(offline)
June 13, 2008

This comic has surpassed the almighty Megatokyo on TWC:

This time its not because I was awake at 3 am to make the first vote or anything like that. Its because enough people actually voted.

<333
not_too_shabby at 9:14AM, June 22, 2008
(offline)
Wow. We're actually moving up on TWC!

We're still kind of in the bottom ranks on this site, but I think that will change with time.

Anyhow… we're coming up on the end of Chapter 3. Chapter 4 is nearly twice as long because there's a big fight scene in the middle of it. I also changed media and you guys will see some color to come.

I've been advertising through Gaia, of all places. xDD
not_too_shabby at 8:11AM, June 29, 2008
(offline)
June 29, 2008.

Can you believe I actually stuck with a project for nearly six months? That's longer than I've spent on anything. o_o

Anyhow, I have declared July to officially be “Gender-Swap Month.” For the next month, I will change the incentive each week to feature the characters as the opposite sex. And of course, there will be commentary from them. How could I humiliate my pride and joy without allowing them to vocalize their disdain?
not_too_shabby at 9:11AM, July 13, 2008
(offline)
July 13, 2008.

COLOR! Look guys, there's color on the page! What's this mean exactly?

Well… it means that there's color on the page.

Expect it to be common, but limited. =]
not_too_shabby at 9:29AM, July 23, 2008
(offline)
July 23, 2008

Ha-HA!

NOW ON TO THE FIGHTING!
not_too_shabby at 7:49AM, Aug. 2, 2008
(offline)
August 2, 2008

Woooo! Action-y!

Garrett wants to know why every woman he meets wants to kill him.

Leonard says that he needs to stop meeting women.
not_too_shabby at 7:59AM, Aug. 2, 2008
(offline)
Oh and Hans wants food. =]
not_too_shabby at 6:17AM, Aug. 17, 2008
(offline)
o_o

There's a personality quiz. http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/who-are-you-from-the-bend-quiz

I ended up being Hans.

This is weird. xD

I swear that I didn't write this quiz.
not_too_shabby at 4:42PM, Aug. 20, 2008
(offline)
I don't know where you people are coming from with all the praises about me being a genius and the like… but keep it up. Its inflating my ego, just like gas prices.

Anyhow, back on topic. You have now discovered that Hans is, just li ke his brother, magical. However, I'm not going to tell you exactly how because that's something that will be revealed later on. I hope you all enjoy it because… well… its damn cool.

… in my opinion, anyhow. But I kind of made him. I'm a little biased.
not_too_shabby at 10:38AM, Sept. 10, 2008
(offline)
BUAHAHAH!

FRENCH TOAST!

Oooookaaay… Chapter 5, in which you will discover Leonard's bleeding heart and the consequences thereof, the lows that Garrett will stoop to, and all sorts of fun things Hans can do.

The art got better, you will notice. This is because I was no longer doing the comics during midterms and because I was in the middle of experimenting with my art supplies. Quite awesome. You'll see me go from permanent marker to prismacolor marker to copics to nexus and back again. It all depends on where I am geographically and if there is an adequate Hobby Lobby in the area.

Oh yes… and there are more females in this series. I promise.

Lots more females.

This is going to be so. much. fun.
not_too_shabby at 8:42AM, Sept. 15, 2008
(offline)
Monday, September 15 2008

Someone has been pimping the comic. For this, I thank you. Whoever you are.

Umm… beware the plot exposition.

It will END YOU!
not_too_shabby at 8:26AM, Sept. 23, 2008
(offline)
Sept 23, 2008.

Yay! DD is working again! This makes me very happy.

ummm… notes. Right.

Welcome to Plot Arc #2. In here, you will see crazy people, Garrett getting drunk, and Leonard revealing more about himself. So basically its the first plot arc… but moreso.

I'm trying to model Hans in Maya:

I need to do his face. >>
not_too_shabby at 3:30PM, Sept. 23, 2008
(offline)
September 23, 2008… again:

-laughs uncontrollably-

I smell turkey.

Also, I have done half of Hans' face:

not_too_shabby at 7:47AM, Oct. 19, 2008
(offline)
My fanbase is as barren and desolate as the moon…

Or so it would seem. I get about 150 hits daily on average, but no one comments, no one visits the forum, I don't know if anyone even votes anymore. My rank on DD keeps fluctuating between 150 and 250. I'm feeling a little lonely here.

If you can, please comment. I get no feedback and it makes me very anxious.
not_too_shabby at 2:20PM, Oct. 21, 2008
(offline)
-taptaptap-

Is there anyone out there?
not_too_shabby at 5:57PM, Oct. 30, 2008
(offline)
I don't suppose anyone would care if I disappeared off the face of the earth for a few years, would they?

I mean. No one comes here. I get maybe one or two comments on any given page. About half of the comments I have are from me.

Is it just a question of whether or not I did this at the right time? Am I putting not enough effort into it? Do you just not care for the story?

I'm a little tired of doing all this work with so little feedback. If I tried to do this on a real website, I wouldn't have enough money to keep the domain name or the site. It would probably die in a few days. My friends like the comic… but… they're my friends. Is it really a good idea to count your friends when it comes to critique?

-sigh-

I suppose I'm just talking out my ass. No one will ever see this message.

Forget I said anything.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon