Heroes Unite: EGO

Submit your characters!
Abt_Nihil at 2:36AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
Here's a place for you to submit your characters for Heroes Unite #3.

- Make sure to include a short description of his/her personality and powers/skills, and a small picture if possible (no extensive/detailed character designs here please, there's an extra thread for that).

- You can submit any character at this point.

- I'll sort your characters out according to how well I can fit them into the story. That is, I can bend the story to fit in some characters, but certainly not any- or everyone.

- Please specify whether or not you wish to (re)write your character's dialogue. If so I'll send you a rough version of his/her dialogue once the script is done and you'll get to rewrite it to make sure everyone's “in character”. You can also make suggestions concerning the use of your characters at any point, preferrably in the “details” thread.

EDIT: In case you don't want your character to just be a minor part of a larger battle scene you'll also have to make suggestions on how to fit your character into the story (for storyline see the details thread)!

CHARACTERS SO FAR:

- Titan & Fearless (created by Nepath) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Acrobat & Coil (created by literacysuks1) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- The Flea (created by ironhand) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Comet Kid, Tech & Blitz (created by Hero) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- blood/hound (created by TheMidge28) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Dasien (created by Neilsama)
- Psycho (created by Carbajal3000) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Blue Beacon (created by BlueBeacon) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Relik (created by SympleSymon & MrHades) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Bombshell (created by Abt_Nihil)
- Azumorph (created by AzuJOD ) DETAILED INFO SUBMITTED
- Proxy & Nebulon (created by legacyhero)
- …
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:21AM
Nepath at 4:12AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Might as well post this in the relevant thread…I would like to submit Titan.

I can supply a design of the character if accepted (and her comic will have started by then anyway) but here are her basics:

Female character
About 16 years of age.
From the future
Super strength
Invulnerability
Flight
Space travel, not a problem.
Abt_Nihil at 4:27AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
All right, that's a go! I've added a list of characters to my top post, Titan's the first.
literacysuks1 at 6:17PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Acrobat AKA Wade West
Wade West is 15 years old and used to go by the name of The Canary. When his mentor died West was left to fend for himself. He currently splits his time between going to high school and fighting crime as the Acrobat. In his costume he's cocky and self assured, it's where he's comfortable. He's trained in numerous forms of martial arts and has an above average intelligence…though his quips don't always let that shine through. He also currently dates a super villain.

Coil AKA Cassie Chao
The Goth Chick we all knew in high school, except she's also a super villain.
5 page origin story
http://www.drunkduck.com/Acrobat/index.php?p=283672
Cassie pulled off 2 big heists but now seems to be done with all of the bank robbing..until she needs more cash. Through an odd series of events she is dating Wade West. She knows Wade's alter ego and he knows hers, creating an odd dynamic. Wade/ Acrobat has managed to get her to come out with him on a few superhero patrols, so they have a black cat/spider-man thing going and are often seen together as Acrobat and Coil.

Cassie wears an expensive “coil” suit which stretches at the arms and legs. She usually whips the extensions at opponents, which tends to hurt as they are made of metal. She also has extensive combat training and is on Acrobat's level. She lacks his freakish book smarts but isn't an idiot either.

Acrobat and Coil's relationship in costume will be fleshed out a bit in issue 11 of acrobat…which should be started by the time this project is underway.

and yeah, I'd like to be able to write the dialogue.

EDIT: oh yeah, Acrobat and Coil aren't part of the Heroes Unite program, they operate solo in New York. Meetings with other heroes tend to be awkward because of Coil's criminal record.

and if you want to use anyone else in Acrobat's universe like aegis or the ghost I'm fine with it.
Go read my superhero comic…because I told you to
http://www.drunkduck.com/Acrobat/

Abt_Nihil at 2:17AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
Acrobat & Coil not being part of the HU program may make their appearance a bit tricky. Any suggestion?
Nepath at 5:03AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
My suggestion would be that you due to the scale of the problem the HUC call on outsiders for help. Much like Plot Twists appearance in HU2.
ironhand at 7:44AM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
Name: Richard White (Rick White)
Codename: The Flea
Powers: None
Weapons: The Flea has a gun which can size change with him whenever he size changes and works with little or smaller bullets.
Costume:

That costume (when you pres that big circle in the middle) alters his size, for smaller or back to human size. The costume also downloads enough martial arts needed for The Flea to fight his foes. Armour cannot be taken off by anyone but himself.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Abt_Nihil at 12:18PM, April 4, 2008
(offline)
Maybe he'll play a small part… heh, just kidding.
Hero at 7:47AM, April 5, 2008
(online)
Well, Comet Kid is my flying powerhouse from my comics, so if it's ok to submit him again so soon after, I'd like to. If not, ‘Cest la vie.

If it so pleases the court, I’d like to also submit the other two core members of Comet Kid's team, Young Gaurd.

Tech alias Gotham Montel- The tactician and martial arts expert of Comet Kid's group and slightly disgruntled sidekick to Black Knight
and
Blitz alias Roxanne DuHearst- Farm-Girl Speedster who gains super strength in positive correlation to the speed she's going at. Also, she might have an attention disorder.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
TheMidge28 at 7:58AM, April 5, 2008
(online)
would including be a silly idea?
Neilsama at 10:38AM, April 5, 2008
(offline)
Unfortunately, I can't spread myself out too thin, so I wouldn't be able to assist with the comic, but if you guys would like to use Dasien in any way, just let me know.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to be able to look at any dialogue, if you use Dasien. It's not extremely important, though.
alschroeder at 2:24PM, April 5, 2008
(online)
Ditto here.
Although sooner or later, a meeting between HEROES UNITE and some of the heroes of CROSSOVERLORD would be…interesting. http://www.drunkduck.com/Crossoverlord/index.php. Maybe later…

—Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Abt_Nihil at 5:19AM, April 6, 2008
(offline)
Hero: I'll put'em on the list, thanks!

Midge: Yes, but I'm all for it ;-)

Neilsama: All right!

alschroeder: Your ditto refers to not being able to contribute art-wise, right? I can't say much about future developments (beyond HU3), but in case you'd like to submit (a group of) characters for HU3, just go ahead :-)
Nepath at 8:17AM, April 6, 2008
(online)
As your looking for a lot of characters. If you can find a way of having an Anti-Hero in it. You can use Fearless if you want to.
Carbajal3000 at 11:27AM, April 6, 2008
(offline)
I would like to submit a hero,

Name: Psycho

He has the power to levitate inanimate objects by controlling psychokinetic energy (the green stuff he gives off). He can also use this energy to fly and fire blasts of this energy to do damage, there are also times where he has used his energy as a shield.

I wanted to do a colored sketch of Psycho but ma scanner broke and I don't have any decent ones, sooooo.. here is a picture by the great artist Eric Lamont.

*EDIT:

I almost forgot the short description, Psycho jokes around a lot, but he knows when its time to be serious, he also tries to help whenever he can. I don't know if I have answerer all the requirements, But PQ me if you have a question…
BlueBeacon at 3:11PM, April 6, 2008
(offline)
I'm submiting three characters here and you can pick which one you think is the best and can fit into your webcomic,the first two will be made from gaia and the last was the only one I drew:

Julius Fingel is a young genius inventor.He loves machines and is always cooped up in his lab thinking of new ways to make things.He would create all sorts of things for the city and was very popular but always kept to himself.One day he was invited by the mayor to a costume ball.He decided to dress up in tuxedo and mask,not really original but he thought it was enough.At the costume ball a mayan demigod came in and tried to make them all worshipers of him but Fingel pulled out his newest device,the sphere stasis gun, he was gonna show the people how to use later and shot the demigod encaseing him in a blue sphere freezing him in place.They cheered Fingel on and as the police put the demigod in superchains that Fingel made Fingel decided to see the world,find its mysteries and help others whenever he could.He adopted the mask and tux for his own to wear on his adventures.

Name: Edward Frost
Race: human
History: He was born on Januaray 1st 1800.His name is Edward Frost and he is what some would call a century baby.He grew up in a relatively normal home but yearned for adventure and so in 1820 he went off to see the world and saw many people to teach him there ways.Some say he was just an adventurer off on a journey to see the world,but others say he was a man off to discover the secret history of the world and see the wonders it had in it.Some say he was just a normal human but those that encountered him knew better he was no ordinary human.In the years that followed he saw many things but he had one true love he hardly talks of for she was taken from him but an evil man with many resources,some not of this realm.He still explores the world but also tries to find a way to kill the man who took his love.

Marital Status: single
Known Relatives: None
Group Affiliation: none as of yet
Base of Operations: Founder City
Height: 6'1 Weight: 195
Eyes: Green Hair: Brown

HISTORY
As Jack was in the appalanchians piloting his aeroplane through a terrible storm. The twenty-three year old pilot was on his first mission but this may prove to be his last as he loses control of the plane and crashes in the snow.Before he did though he thought he saw a blue lighthouse of sorts. Jack is alive but injured and so stumbling out of the plane he falls in the snow. That is where he would have died if it were not for the help of the monk monestary who nursed him back to health. They teach him there ways of defense and dicipline. He also finds out the monks were the ones showing the blue beacon of light for it was a blue lamp. Jack proved himself the new keeper of the lamp and its glove when he bested a trial meant for only the chosen one. Jack left with the powerful artifacts and was shown how to use it. He gave them an eternal light to use as a beacon using the glove of power that is recharged by the lamp. He called himself the Blue Beacon when he got back to america,settling on becoming a super hero after thinking how much good he can do to help humanity.

POWERS:
Flight, able to will solid blue light constructs,and has much endurance.

WEAPONS:
Power Glove
(I can make a colored pic if your want)

Abt_Nihil at 10:33AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
Replies:

Nepath: OK, he's on the list.

Carbajal3000: Great pic there… Psycho's on the list.

BlueBeacon: *noted on the list*

And to remind myself: Relik is also on the list.
SympleSymon at 12:28PM, April 7, 2008
(online)
You beat me to it, Abt, but anyway, here are the details.

Name: Brad Stone
AKA: Relik
Powers: Flight, Strength, Invulnerability (to the extent of the suit's shields) and energy blasts/weapons.

As for the whole Space thing…his helmet and shields might allow it for a short space of time, so the scene could have a sense of tension as he's racing against more the clock in more than one sense of the term!
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
TheMidge28 at 2:06PM, April 8, 2008
(online)
I'm wondering if would be out of place in the line up and storyline projected. His powers are blood based and organic and the ability to create wormhole like portals linking from one source of blood to another. and he has super strength and agility. but he doesn't fly, which from what I can tell is a mjor must with the missles and such… what do you all think?
Nepath at 2:23PM, April 8, 2008
(online)
I was thinking the same thing about Fearless but as far as im concerned all characters can be found a place.

Perhaps a little cameo of blood/hound and Fearless together???

alschroeder at 3:24PM, April 8, 2008
(online)
I think Bloodhound and Fearless would make an EXCELLENT team-up! And yes, I can't volunteer for art chores or guest-shots for my character now—between MINDMISTRESS, FLICKERFLAME, and CROSSOVERLORD, my plate is MORE than full—besides, MM doesn't live in the same reality as most of the HU heroes. (However, she gets around, so she might VISIT sometime…she has a portal that can go between realities.)
—Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Abt_Nihil at 6:04AM, April 9, 2008
(offline)
Midge/Nepath: I agree, teaming blood/hound up with Fearless would be great; I'll see if it fits the story at some point - if not we'll have to do a full-length issue fleshing out that idea :-)

alschroeder: All right, there'll be no dimension-hopping in HU3, but I'm always open for suggestions.

Oh yeah, I'll officially submit Bombshell… y'all know her from HU1. She may not get much action in HU3, but maybe a cameo :-)
AzuJOD at 6:30PM, April 16, 2008
(online)
Uh, if you're still accepting heroes, I'd like to submit my superhero; Azumorph

Codename: Azumorph
Height: Variable, usually 5'10" Weight: Variable, usually 110lb
Backstory: Azumorph is a member of an Australian superhero team called the Oz-Stars. He has come to HU command because the EGO satellite is threatening Australia along with the rest of the world.
Powers: Shapeshifting (like Plastic Man or the T-1000), super strength in proportion to size and shape, healing factor (like limb regrowing level)
Personality: Can appear sarcastic and snarky to others, but is really just genre savvy
Picture:

I'm not the best artist in the world, but I'll work on a colour one.
Abt_Nihil at 6:16AM, April 17, 2008
(offline)
AzuJOD: Yup, still accepting heroes for quite some time. I'll put Azumorph on the list; however, you'd have to submit a more detailed design sheet into the corresponding forum thread.
legacyhero at 8:10PM, June 6, 2008
(offline)
It was a tough choice for me (I've got a gazillion heroes!!), But I narrowed it down to two: PROXY and NEBULON.

Proxy: (Andrea Mitchum age:17) has the ability to temporarily assume the form and abilities of anyone she comes in direct contact with. She'd be valuable in boosting the team's power level , since she can become an exact duplicate of the most powerful members. She's a bit indifferent about the whole “hero” thing (notice her lack of a costume or mask.)

Nebulon: (Rakim Gillis age:16) is imbued with the energy of a red dwarf star.His abilities are Flight(intergalactic), Speed, Starbolts, Star Shield, and a precognitive Stellar Sense. He is an excellent aerial combatant, and an expert shot with his Starbolts. He'd be a boon in any situation needing an aerial attack or defense.He is excited about the opportunity to become a hero. (although it wrecks havoc with his home/social life.)

**Note-I noticed you seem to have an abundance of young heroes submitted,(Proxy and Neb are young too), So if you need to, I have NO objections to having them appear as older versions of themselves in HU3.**

Abt_Nihil at 1:49AM, June 7, 2008
(offline)
Thanks for submitting your characters! I think they'll fit in well power-wise, so I'll add them to the list.

As I see it, Nebulon would work with the HU program, but I'm not too sure about Proxy's “being indifferent”. At this stage I've got so many heroes that I'll be including them only if they're with HU or if it makes sense that they're in NY at the time of the satellite's attack (that'll be the place where I'll showcase some heroes not working together with the HU program).

Please submit the corresponding info into the “accepted characters” thread.
legacyhero at 9:00PM, June 7, 2008
(offline)
Abt_Nihil
Thanks for submitting your characters! I think they'll fit in well power-wise, so I'll add them to the list.

As I see it, Nebulon would work with the HU program, but I'm not too sure about Proxy's “being indifferent”. At this stage I've got so many heroes that I'll be including them only if they're with HU or if it makes sense that they're in NY at the time of the satellite's attack (that'll be the place where I'll showcase some heroes not working together with the HU program).

Please submit the corresponding info into the “accepted characters” thread.

Maybe “indifferent” was the wrong word. Proxy IS a hero, just not the cape and cowl kind. She feels that she can be just as effective without a mask or costumed identity. Her “indifference” is about “playing hero” not about being heroic.

I'll submit her full profile and let you decide where she'd best fit in.
Abt_Nihil at 9:08AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(offline)
Posting the Blue Beacon concept designs here which I deleted from the other thread for sake of clarity:

HU Commander original design by Qsama (from HU: Cavalry, also deleted from the other thread):

These are the ones I based my designs on.
KainKnine at 8:26PM, March 25, 2010
(offline)
Hello guys how are you i submitted a character a while back is the any spots left for Kain the White Shadow?.
Nepath at 6:04AM, April 23, 2010
(online)
Unfortunately EGO has long since finished, in fact the sixth installment Darkness Within is currently updating. Your best bet is to head over to the spin-off comic Heroes Alliance (www.drunkduck.com/heroes_alliance) and post your character there.

Thanks

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon