Advertisements

Looking for Artist.
Product Placement at 6:39PM, Aug. 28, 2008
(online)
This comic is currently looking for Artist. I (the author) has the drawing skills of a five year old and desperately need a better hand. Anyone who's interested and available is encouraged to contact me.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM
Product Placement at 12:18PM, Feb. 27, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town.
Ah: type-casting
Type-casting? As in, that role is made for you?
ayesinback
The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie, A criminal or Neutral. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Not sure I'm reading this right. Does it mean that I can ask you a limit of two questions during the whole game that are about any detail ?
Basically, this power is called “Background check”. You get to find out if a specific player that you're scrutinizing is designated as a “pro-townie”, “neutral” or a “criminal”. Since that is a very powerful ability, you can only do so twice.
ayesinback
The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer.
One Y/N question every day and every night?
You can ask if person X is guilty of attacking/killing person Z. This power is handy when someone is under suspicion of being someone who attacked a certain player, during the previous night. When that happens, you can ask me if that player is indeed guilty of that crime. I will answer with yes or no.

In this case, the power is only good to confirm/exonerate someone's guilt of a specific crime. It does not tell you if this person is a criminal or not. For all you know, the person who you cleared involvement from a specific crime, could indeed be a criminal or you confirm that this person did indeed kill the person whom you're investigating but it turns out that he's the vigilante.
ayesinback
Looking up vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many they were.
In past games, who voted for who was always posted on the thread, wasn't it? So isn't this “a power” that everybody has?
What this power does is that it can tell you if criminals voted for a specific player during a specific election.

Let's say Product Placement, Pit_Face and Bravo vote to lynch kyupol. You ask if criminal voted in that election and the answer is yes, 1 criminal did indeed vote to lynch kyupol. Since you know that Product Placement, Pit_Face and Bravo were the one who participated in that election, you'll know for a fact that one of these 3 players is indeed a criminal. Had the answer been “No criminals voted to lynch kyupol” then you would have helped clear these three individuals (although the godfather and Jack the Ripper are hidden from your view and will always register as pro-townies).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon