Misfire Reactional - General

Twenty-one month update.
aquapermanence at 8:31PM, July 31, 2010
(online)
Really? Another month already? Really?

No seriously, “time flies” doesn't describe it anymore. Where is the time going? How is it that I'm having trouble getting out a page a week, when for a year and a half it was three times that?

My mind is boggled. I'm constantly busy. There's not enough time in the day for work, studying, sleep, friends, comic, reading the internet…

See, that last one is the key somehow, I know it. With a normal-sized book I can be done in a couple of days. But the internet? We're talking articles here, in a tiny corner of the internet, on a subject I happen to be interested in. But it goes on forever. There's no end to internet content, and it's very difficult to restrict oneself, at least in terms of amount of raw content.

Perhaps a self-imposed time limit is needed? This much time drawing, this much time sleeping, this much time reading the internet… The problem is always about getting behind. Unlike physical media, I can't bookmark the internet. I mean, I can, but it's not like webpages go in numerical sequence. There's always more stuff popping up, and if you don't keep track, you miss it. Easier to read something the day it goes up, than to track it down later, perhaps when it's no longer relevant.

Anywho.

Statistics!

Time elapsed since comic debut (1/1/2009): 576 days.
Pages posted: 232.
Average days per page: 2.48.

Time elapsed since start of work (10/26/2008): 643 days.
Pages planned: 464 (63.4%) (1.39 days per page)
Pages sketched: 294 (40.2%) (2.19)
Pages drawn: 283 (38.7%) (2.27)
Pages complete: 232 (31.7%) (2.77)
Pages posted: 232 (31.7%)

18 units. 11 sketched, 5 drawn, 2 complete. Seems… pitiful. It's the equivalent of 4.5 pages, which is barely keeping up with my 1 page a week rate. The days per page columns are gradually creeping into higher numbers, and I don't like the thought of that. I'd like everything to be closer to 2 than 3, and that means completing pages. Like, completing the 50 pages between here and the end of chapter 10. With the incredible amount that I'm ahead on this comic, I have no idea how I can allow myself to get behind the way I've been. But enough of this!

The comic is still only 43% complete. My calculations say this means it will take 49 months, of which 28 remain. So yeah, even as progress gets made, the time to completion keeps counting up.

August awaits!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon