General Stuff

Something Wrong With This (part 3)
Wordweaver_three at 11:20AM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
So I'm digging into the Christmas cookies the other day. And what should I find, a chocolate chip cookie! Super Awesome! So I'm mowing down on this treasure only to find that something is very wrong. There's nuts in it. Not just any nut, but the armpit nut of the world, the walnut. Who the hell dictated to the entire world that this bitter, ugly looking tree cast-off should be put into anything sweet? It's not just cookies, it also rears its ugly head in brownies, fudge, cake, ice cream, candy, pies, etc… How many times do I have to bite into a dessert expecting something fantastic only to find there's a bunch of nasty little euphoria speed-bumps in it?
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM
Darius Drake at 4:46AM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
I think that Walnuts are associated with Christmas, thus their presence in the cookie. I suspect that the association came from people having little to eat OTHER than walnuts, if they were lucky enough to find walnuts, at various times of the year during winter.

Of course, this is just a random guess with no real basis in what could be called knowledge.
Heh heh heh. Boom.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon