Techie's Blog

3.20.09 -- Starting at the beginning...
klath at 2:02PM, March 20, 2009
(offline)
All right… so the fact that you are reading this would suggest that you are interested in knowing a bit about me. Thank you for that – it tells me that I may actually have something here! :)

We'll get the introductions out of the way first. It should be pretty obvious that my main character, Techie, is something of an analog of myself. Self insertion into a comic, while somewhat cliche, does certainly allow me to add my voice into exaggerations of my real world experience.

I am, by trade, a webhosting technical support agent. I won't say with whom, although I will note that I absolutely adore my job, my management, and my company. I work for one of the best webhosting outfits out there, and I say this with all honesty, not out of fear of retribution. They really do rock.

The people represented in this comic are not real. Their statements do not reflect logs of actual conversations I have with customers. The contents of this comic reflect the most ridiculous representations, however, of those interactions. Sometimes, two or three conversations at once.

I would say the percentage of customers I help who are reflected in this comic are perhaps 1 in 25, 1 in 50. But that small percentage… woo. Anyone who works in the industry knows what I mean. So I present these, knowing the humor is significantly niche in scope.

Let me know if I'm entertaining you. It helps soothe my ego. :)
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon