Batman: The Animated Series

Best Joker Scenes?
Larry at 5:52PM, Aug. 2, 2010
(offline)
This is the best board ever. I need to put a topic in it. So, what are your favorite joker scenes?

I have two, I like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0uIhst3TA

There are so many great things about this scene, here are a few I've noticed
-Insight into the Batman vs. Joker dynamic.
-The Joker KILLS A MAN on children's television.
-“Kick Me”
-An amazing “punchline” to the whole funeral.

The other scene I love I can't seem to find on youtube, it's been a while since I've seen it so I might be describing it a bit wrong. It's the one where it starts out with a normal guy in rush hour traffic who ends up cutting off the Joker shouting something along the lines of “I CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE YOU YER TWO CENTS”, which results in the Joker chasing this guy into a ditch and tossing two cents on to him, and in a dark moment almost hissing, “Here's your two cents, now what did you want to tell me?”

Unrelated (sort of) but I'm not making another topic, I have a copy of the “Mad Love” graphic novel. Which for those that don't know, is basically Harley Quinn: Year One. It's done in the style of the old show, but I know it ended up becoming an episode during the Gotham Knights run. The book is filled with amazing Joker related scenes.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:17AM
harkovast at 10:50AM, Aug. 4, 2010
(online)
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!
My Batman DVD's are packed away, and this is preventing me from giving a really good response here.

I do remember an excellent bit from the newer episodes (where Joker is drawn all shitty…but is still Mark Hamil and thus AWESOME!) where Batman smacks around Jokers pet Hyena's and Joker say “Hay! Do I beat up your kids? Actually…I suppose I do!”

Mad Love is a great episode, a rare gem amongst the newer episodes as it actually gives psychological insight, rather than just meaningless action.

Joker is a delightful combination of funny and frightening. Many of the best moments are when the proverbial mask slips, and joker becomes really scary angry (as we saw in the fantastic eulogy and in the also fantastic movie Mask of the Phantasm.)

Joker is a fantastic nemesis for Batman because he truly is Batman's opposite. Batman is silent, stealth and dresses in dark colours, while Joker is loud, overt and excessively colourful.
Batman is sworn never to kill, or even allow someone to die through in action, while joker casually kills people for not better reason than because he thinks its funny.
Also, Joker views Batman as some kind of worthy opponent, seemingly feeling Batman completes him in some bizarre way, and tries to kill him as some kind of crowning achievement. Meanwhile, Batman completely despises Joker, but cant kill him.

Spiderman and the green goblin would give their super heroic tights for a hero/villain dynamic that awesome!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
zaymac at 6:22PM, Aug. 4, 2010
(online)
Surprisingly, I recently watched Batman Beyond: Revenge of the Joker, and it was actually pretty good.

I never cared for Batman Beyond as much as TAS, but as far as the movies go, it was pretty well done. A lot of good fashback scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I'm looking forward to watching the newest animated movie, Batman: Under the Red Hood.

I don't know if The Joker is in it, but if anyone has watched it yet, lemme know how it is.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
harkovast at 7:14PM, Aug. 4, 2010
(online)
Under the red hood?
Red Hood was a name joker went by the in the comics before he became joker.
Is it in the style of the animated series?

EssayBee at 10:58AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(offline)
harkovast
Under the red hood?
Red Hood was a name joker went by the in the comics before he became joker.
Is it in the style of the animated series?
“Under the Red Hood” is based on the comic story of the same name. Like with all of the new DCU Animated movies, the designs try to mimic the comic style, although the designs are still simplified, a la the DCAU series, to aid in the animation process. If you've read the comic, the movie is pretty true to the source material (Judd Winick wrote the comic and the screenplay for the movie), and I actually prefer the resurrection explanation in the movie better than in the comic (which tied into “Infinite Crisis,” I think).

And yes, Joker is an important part of the story. In my opinion, this was one of the best of the DCU Animated movies so far–and Harkovast may like it because it does have some psychological layers that are absent from some of the other DC movies.
harkovast at 12:55PM, Aug. 11, 2010
(online)
I need to investigate this under the red hood show.
Sounds very interesting.
It says something about how good Batman TAS was that things are still being made that follow on from it.

itsjustaar at 2:48PM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
Back when I used to be in the myspace role-playing scene, there was a dude who mimicked and practically was able to write out, perfectly, Joker's style in the series so well. I mean, that is to say it was a bit -darker- than the cartoon to some extent (and the guy used to make Youtube videos with him imitating him pretty well; our idea was that he'd be chasing around Eddie Valiant from the ‘Roger Rabbit’ film), but it was well-played. A bit on the rushy side and kinda creepy, but amazing.

I'm surprised there's a Batman:TAS board here on a comic about knightly saviour cats and their adventures (at least from what I've seen so far). xD Nonetheless, I love it! That and the board, too. :3

The episode the OP might be referring to is ‘Joker’s Favor'. I love it in the sense that it's not your typical Batman episode (I have only Season 1 on DVD, my uncle gave it to me; surprised he didn't pick up the later episodes, as they get much better later on), because Joker's not really messing with Batman - but with the civilian. A fairly typical depressed male who's just having a bad day, makes the wrong, only to become the clown prince of crime's ‘toy’ threw the whole set.

Harley Quinn making her appearance here is hysterical, and great. I __>;
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon