HA Town Hall

HU/HA Universe - Overview over ALL relevant stories & timeline
irrevenant at 5:56PM, Nov. 5, 2014
(online)
Found it.

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Energize/5180067/

“As the hunt approaches it's first year anniversary”. The story itself then seems to take place over a day or two. To me “approaches it's one year anniversary” suggests more like 11 and a bit months than 9.5 but there's room for interpretation there.

It's kind of sucky that the multiverse's most powerful hero only got to be a hero for two months, then a wanted fugitive for the rest of his brief life, but that's what happened.

Currently the timeline doesn't go much past Energize: Hunted. If someone wanted to add more recent events to it, like the Bujin/Baku stuff that would be great. Is it too early to include the formation of RISE?
last edited on April 19, 2016 2:37AM
ironhand at 1:50AM, Nov. 6, 2014
(offline)
I think I'd argue that all the Energize: Hunted, New Guard forming should be pushed to Year 2, not Year 1. If not just for the pure amount of issues that most likely take place in between that year gap (several HU issues such as Darkness and Ego, as well as the beginning of HA etc.)…it makes sense that it was pretty much bang on a year, maybe starting in the latter end of Year 1 and concluding in Year 2 (something jogs my memory in saying that Energize was hunting the HU for 2 weeks, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think The New Guard takes place just under a month after the events of Energize: Hunted. The people of New Rossco still haven't returned after Energize teleported them out and the city is still in ruins from the fight, so it's recent-ish.

The ninja issue of HA will takes place one month after the events of Energize: Hunted as The Baku was one of the criminals who “slipped through the cracks” (or, as we revealed in the issue, he didn't) after the fall of HU. I imagine the arrival of RISE occurs 3/4 months after the fall of HU? That way the HA is semi-established as the new go-to for heroes before the introduction of another team?

As for the origins of The Bujin, I'll see what I can think up for that one in terms of the timeline. But the idea is that he was reasonably established before the beginning of the HU Initiative (and probably a year or 2 just before Shell came on the scene) as I wanted him to be the viewer who had his concerns that big teams like the HU who he believed didn't have much concern for damages or civilians. (Hence his similarities and contrasts to Shell.)

I'm really not good when it comes to timelines in a universe as big as this. I like continuity, but hate timelines…which is pretty strange when I think about it.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
last edited on Nov. 6, 2014 1:53AM
irrevenant at 7:34PM, Nov. 7, 2014
(online)
There are strong indicators that Energize's hunt of the HU takes place over less than a day.
Energize shuts down Titan and gives HU an ultimatum to tell him who killed Misty within 24 hours or he'll do the same to every HU Member who stands by the Commander. 5 Hours later the Commander secretly meets with Chegwin and contacts the Black Dawn facility where they say “Energize won't be a threat to anyone before the night is out”. Start next chapter, Tazer informs us that Energize has taken out five heroes in the last 50 minutes (including Titan. Huh, that's weird - we must've stepped back in time a little bit then). “Meanwhile Elsewhere” Energize takes down Prodigy and Phenomenon (which makes it 7 HU members in an hour). Then another “meanwhile”, Chegwin has an (apparently brief) press conference which Energize shows up for. The excrement hits the rotating blades shortly thereafter.

So actually there's a chronological gaff in there - the ‘5 hours later’ can't possibly be reconciled with the rest of the narrative. But either way, the whole thing is a few days at most.

I think there might be some confusion over the way the years are numbered. The first year (which begins with Energize's debut and ends around the time of Energize: Hunted) is labelled “Year 0”. “Year 1” is the second year. Abt_Nihil started numbering it that way and I'm comfortable enough with it, but if it's confusing we can change it easily enough.

Currently Energize: Hunted is already sitting at the start of the second year (Year 1). It could conceivably be pushed as far forward as month 3 and still be within that “almost one year” timeframe.

IMO, it all fits fairly well into that first year. The early Heroes Alliance Issues (I think #1-5) overlap with the HUI era. Issue #6 coincides with Energize: Hunted. Issues #7+ are the post-HUI era. HU: Adventures tend to be very short stories that take place in under a day, so they could fit in anywhere.

The encounter with Darkness is at Month 6 - four months after the formation of HU. Since that was the trigger for the formation of HA, we're left with a luxurious 6-8 months before Energize:Hunted to fit in the Ancient/Anarch story, the Thrawn story, the Ms Ari story and the Crime Wave/Ecotist story. Less than an adventure per month. If anything, that period is looking pretty quiet…
last edited on Nov. 7, 2014 7:48PM
Abt_Nihil at 8:06AM, Nov. 8, 2014
(offline)
irrevenant wrote:
I think there might be some confusion over the way the years are numbered. The first year (which begins with Energize's debut and ends around the time of Energize: Hunted) is labelled “Year 0”. “Year 1” is the second year. Abt_Nihil started numbering it that way and I'm comfortable enough with it, but if it's confusing we can change it easily enough.
Oh, that's just an artefact of my timeline, since I've only indicated events in relation to a starting point - so naturally, everything within the first year after the starting point would be “0 years” after it. But I think it's still intuitively clearer if we call everything that happens in that first year “Year One” instead of “Year 0”.
ironhand at 3:29AM, Nov. 9, 2014
(offline)
I agree with abt, the Year 0 confuses me a little (especially when I'm so rubbish when it comes to timelines anyway)…personally, I think we're currently in Year 3. There's no actual proof of that, but it just seems “right” that we're in that stage. Of course, it might make sense more logically (with proof) that we're in the second year, so feel free to ignore me XD
irrevenant at 6:03PM, Nov. 9, 2014
(online)
Okay, I've updated the Wiki to use Year 1 and Year 2 rather than Year 0 and Year 1.

Event-wise, we know that Energize: Hunted takes place in early Year 2. HA 1-6 take place by then. HA 8 is specifically indicated to have taken place shortly after the fall of HU. So that's Year 2, Month 4 or 5 at the very latest. So, unless the Zombie Queen took seven months to deal with, we're still on Year 2.

I think one thing that makes it seem longer is that a story that takes place over a day or two can take 3-6 months realtime to tell. And all of Heroes Alliance's adventures are a day or two long - you could fit all the events of HA season 1 into a couple of really busy weeks.

Of course, time is passing between HA missions (during which most of the HA team are off living their own lives and having their own adventures). Still, it seems fairly reasonable to assume that there's no more than a month between missions, on average.

There'd be a nice narrative symmetry in HU's equivalent of Season 1 being Year 1, HA Season 1 being Year 2, and HA Season 2 being Year 3 - then aim for 1 season = 1 year. So much of HA Season 1 overlaps with HU it'd make the second half of the year very sparse (basically just Fandango and the Season finale). But we can assume a number of other adventures took place that just weren't covered.

Actually, it might be interesting to have a couple of issues which cover a problem that takes a long period of time to deal with. Presumably something that can take place at the same time as regular adventures, or it could cover what's been keeping some of our recently absent heroes busy. Have Titan, Blue Jay and Mr Imp been off infiltrating the criminal underworld, for example? bombshell has a number of long-term projects going, I'm sure. Something like busting up illicit arms shipments and trying to trace their source could take months. etc.
last edited on April 19, 2016 2:39AM
ironhand at 12:42AM, Nov. 10, 2014
(offline)
Yeah, on a more thorough readthrough, it makes sense to be in Year 2. My bad. Did I mention I was sucky at timelines? XD
I like the concept with HA in that we can assume they have had many more missions than just the episodes we show and that the episodes are the most “important” ones to tell. But I agree, a long spanning drama would be pretty cool…the story would be a difficult one to pull off, though.
irrevenant at 9:27PM, Nov. 15, 2014
(online)
Okay, I'm going to be bold and take the “coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the hunt for Energize thing” fairly literally. Since the anniversary of Energize going on the lam is the 3rd week of the 3rd month of the second year, let's say Energize: Hunted takes place on the 1st week of the 3rd month of the second year.
So I'm moving that event to the 3rd month of year 2. I've also added links to the appropriate story pages into the timeline.

I've added in the rest of HA to date, too. I took the liberty of moving HA #4 to the next month so things are a bit more spread out, and put issues 4 and 5 each in their own month.

Ditto HA 7, 8, and 9 in Year 2. Things are still looking pretty sparse, but better.

It would be awesome if those creators with separate titles (Comet Kid, Blue Jay, Handsome and Ransom, etc. etc. wanted to add the events of their series into the timeline.

Thanks.
Abt_Nihil at 1:11PM, Nov. 17, 2014
(offline)
Great job so far. How about we spread out the HA chapters a bit more though? The way it is now, HA #1-5 take place within four months, but then there's a four-month-gap between #5 and #6.
irrevenant at 10:22PM, Nov. 17, 2014
(online)
Done. Note that it no longer bears much resemblance to the timeline at the start of this thread. :D
Looking good for the season finale at the end of Year 2, though…
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Great job so far. How about we spread out the HA chapters a bit more though? The way it is now, HA #1-5 take place within four months, but then there's a four-month-gap between #5 and #6.
cdmalcolm1 at 9:15PM, April 5, 2016
(online)
Does this feed need an update?
irrevenant at 1:08AM, April 22, 2016
(online)
cdmalcolm1 wrote:
I think the wiki timeline is essentially up to date except for Fandango (which hasn't finished yet).

If you wanted to add what's happened with Solarcell so far into the timeline, that'd be great. (I figure her first issue probably takes place in Year 2, Month 9).
cdmalcolm1 at 10:38AM, July 18, 2016
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
cdmalcolm1 wrote:
I think the wiki timeline is essentially up to date except for Fandango (which hasn't finished yet).

If you wanted to add what's happened with Solarcell so far into the timeline, that'd be great. (I figure her first issue probably takes place in Year 2, Month 9).

I would say you hit it right on the nose. I would make her coming into play right after fandango anyway. The shards would be coming soon as well, just as a heads up.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon