HA Stories

Heroes Alliance: "Villains Alliance" (working title)
SympleSymon at 10:49AM, April 21, 2010
(online)
EDIT: Abt asked me to produce a far-shorter synopsis for this ‘epic saga’ so that people won't get bored scrawling through my drawling. Very well, here it is:

From about halfway through the second season of HA, small, almost unoticeable changes in the timeline begin to take place. At first these are simply things like heroes losing their powers, or switching sides, but then growing to some vanishing from time altogether! It's only with the help of a time-travelling Samurai that the HA realise that there are dark forces at work, forces bent on erasing all heroes from history forever. What's worse, these demonic forces have teamed-up with CLAW, who are sending groups of villains back through time to stop our heroes from ever becoming what they're destined to be. Can the HA and their new ally save all of time before its too late, and there's no one left to oppose CLAW? And just what are the sinister ‘Antiheroes’…?

….Yeah, so I can't do 4-sentences. My bad :P Anyway, that's all you REALLY need to know if you're interested. If you're really, REALLY interested, there's a far longer synopsis that follows…Enjoy!

For those of you not in the know, the ‘Villains Alliance’ storyline will officially start around the Chapter 5 mark, but hints at a greater organisation at work have already started to appear within the pages of the comic. But what is this nefarious organisation, I hear you ask?

…you're not asking? Well, you're gonna find out anyway.

CLAW are back! That's 'Conducting Lawless Activities Worldwide' for the uninformed, and this time they have aid from beyond our realm. A Time Oni (demon) called Aburamushi ('Parasite' in Japanese, folks!) extends an offer of alliegance to Chairman, one Dane Harding (last seen relocating CLAW's base of operations after ‘Operation: Amalgamation Anarchy’ escaped and vowed to return to clean-up). And alliance with a terrifying plan…one that will wipe out the majority of the world's superheroes, and change the face of our world forever.

The plan is thus…

A group of villains will go back through time, aided by the Oni Lord's minions, and alter the history of all the major heroes that pose a direct threat, stopping them from gaining their powers - or killing them off all together. However, those killed don't pass on naturally, for it wasn't their time. Instead, they are cast into Limbo, unable to return until history is set right…if it ever is. It is only with the help of the time-travelling samurai guardian Bushido that the HA manage to follow the villains through time, finally defeating them and setting things right, one hero's timeline at a time…

When Bushido recognises the minions and handiwork of his archnemesis, he realises it is time to face the Oni Lord once and for all, to right his past mistakes that released the monster upon all of time. Joined by the majority of the HA roster, he storms CLAW's base, where they are met by a shocking sight - the Antiheroes! For every hero Aburamushi's minions managed to attack before erasing from time, a DNA sample was extracted and absorbed by the creatures - a living paradox keeping the DNA alive when its original-body no longer exists. Now back at the CLAW Headquarters, Dane Harding's scientists have managed to extrapolate and clone these hero-monster hybrids into the Antiheroes, each one not only the equal opposite of their original, but embued with demonic power that makes themoutmatch the heroes! Only through great teamwork do the HA eventually triumph…but at a cost…

For whilst their battle rages, Bushido tracks his archnemesis down, and prepares for the final showdown. Here's what I wrote for that so far…it was for a challenge on time-travel, so excuse the rushed page-limit…Lameness warning!

—–

Bushido Vs. Aburamushi - The Final Confrontation!

Bushido and Aburamushi face-off, the Oni-Lord completely surrounded by a shield of time-strands of numerous heroes. To defeat him, Bushido would have to strike through this protection, ultimately severing the existence of the supers at the same time. Instead, he blinks out of existence, reappearing an instant later behind Aburamushi, katana thrust through the shield and piercing his dark heart. Bushido is an old man now, having gone through the motions of striking at his foe, only to erase some unfortunate heroes from the timeline and having to go back and rectify his mistakes time and time again… until the only strand that was safe to cut through was his own. As he slowly vanishes from existence, the last thing he sees is his arch nemesis dying.

PAGE ONE

Panel 1: A shimmering golden portal appears in the dim confines of the room, a gauntleted fist protruding from it.

ABURAMUSHI (Off Scene): Ahh…so you finally arrive, Bushido-san…

Panel 2: Medium shot as the rest of the armoured Samurai steps through the portal; Bushido is dressed in traditional Samurai battle armour, with a few modifications. On his shoulders are spikes that look like those from a sundial. On his helmet, just above his eyes, are two golden shards arranged to resemble the time of Two O’clock. He has no mask over his face, however, and his middle-aged face is quite visible; emerald green eyes, squared – once broken – nose, cracked lips and scar running from the centre of his chin and the bottom lip. His belt buckle is a sideways egg timer that also looks similar to the infinity symbol. A katana is sheathed at his left side. Bushido’s eyes widen in alarm at the sight before him, still off-scene.

SFX: VMMM
ABURAMUSHI (OS): Welcome…

Panel 3: Over Bushido’s shoulder shot. We see the Oni(demon)-Lord, Aburamushi, a hulking, ashen-gray monster in barbaric battle armour adorned with the skulls of vanquished foes. A pair of curling, ram-like yellow horns protrudes from its head, one snapped off at the time, both stained with blood. Its big red eyes stare down Bushido with malicious intent. A tattered cape of dark purple falls from its broad shoulders, and it carries no weapon. What’s most alarming is that it is completely surrounded in an orb of thin, intricate blue strands that shine brightly.

ABURAMUSHI: …To the End of Times.
BUSHIDO: What…what IS that?

Panel 4: Close shot of Aburamushi, clawed hand held up before his grinning face, the blue stands swirling and winding around it.

ABURAMUSHI: This? This is your defeat, and MY ultimate victory. I call it…the Shield of a Million Lifetimes!

Panel 5: Close-up of Bushido’s face, contorted in shock and anger at the news he’s hearing.

ABURAMUSHI (OS): Each strand that you see is the complete lifespan of one of your precious ‘heroes’ – their beginning, and their end. I hold them all at my mercy…and at yours.
ABURAMUSHI (OS): For whilst I can snuff-out any existence I wish with impunity, it is YOU, my most hated enemy, who must face the direst of consequences. Because you cannot strike to end my life without first severing through countless others in the process!

Panel 6: Extreme close-up of Aburamushi’s fang-filled grin.

ABURAMUSHI: A sacrifice I know, from all this time, that you are not ready to make.
ABURAMUSHI: And that is why you have already failed.

PAGE TWO

Panel 1: Medium shot of Bushido unsheathing his katana, shifting into an offensive stance.

SFX: SHIING
BUSHIDO: You vile monster! I can’t believe even YOU would do such a despicable act, dragging countless innocent lives into OUR battle!
BUSHIDO: Have you no HONOUR whatsoever?!

Panel 2: Close shot of Aburamushi stroking its chin in mocking contemplation, goading Bushido to attack.

ABURAMUSHI: A good question, Bushido-san…Hmmm…
ABURAMUSHI: …No. I think not.

Panel 3: Medium shot of Bushido as seen from over Aburamushi’s shoulder (we’re seeing this from within the shield). The Time Samurai is charging his bitter foe now, sword held high for a downward slash killing blow.

BUSHIDO: FOUL BEAST!!
ABURAMUSHI: Yes! That’s it – ATTACK! Strike, and finally know the true pleasure that comes from taking innocent life!

Panel 4: Close shot of Bushido, rightfully hesitating. He can’t finish the strike, not with all the lives at stake.

BUSHIDO: I…I can’t…I’ll never…
ABURAMUSHI (OS): As I surmised…

Panel 5: Medium shot seen from behind Bushido as Aburamushi sends him reeling backwards from a powerful side-swipe, the shield of strands moulding to its arm so that it’s still protected. Bushido’s sword flies from his grasp.

ABURAMUSHI: You LOSE.

PAGE THREE

Panel 1: Medium shot of Bushido as he lands on his feet, skidding back a bit to a halt, fists clenched. His katana falls close by his side.

SFX: KLANG
ABURAMUSHI (OS): Until you are prepared to make the fateful blow, you will never leave here the victor…

Panel 2: Close up of Bushido’s gauntleted hand snatching up his sword.

ABURAMUSHI (OS): You will either DIE here…or I may allow you to FLEE…

Panel 3: Over the shoulder of Aburamushi, once again seen from within the shield. Bushido is once again in an offensive stance.

ABURAMUSHI: Needless to say, I’m swayed towards the former option…

Panel 4: Same shot as above, only now Bushido has teleported out of sight, leaving behind only a bright-white sliver in time.

SFX: VASH
ABURAMUSHI: Huh?!

Panel 5: Extreme close-up of Aburamushi’s eyes, narrowed in sadistic pleasure.

ABURAMUSHI: So, you’ve decided to use teleportation – but not flee. I still sense your presence…it matters not how you strike. You CANNOT win –

Panel 6: Same shot as above, only now the Oni-Lord’s eyes have widened in pained shock.

SFX: SHUUK
ABURAMUSHI: Huurk…!
ABURAMUSHI: Im…impossible…!

PAGE FOUR

Panel 1: Medium shot seen from 3/4 angle in front of Aburamushi, the tip of Bushido’s katana protruding from its chest, soaked in vile purple blood. Such is the force and angle of the killing-blow that the creature is lifted to its tiptoes, arms falling slack at its sides in numb disbelief as it looks over its shoulder at the Samurai, obscured from the reader’s view by the shield of time-strands; all we can see is his silhouette.

ABURAMUSHI: You…how can this be? You would never take a life…!
BUSHIDO: You’re right, monster. None…

Panel 2: Close-up of Bushido’s face, illuminated by the glow of the shield – and we can see he’s aged considerably! His eyebrows and the few locks that fall down from under his helmet are gray, his face now full of lines and scars. His eyes are narrowed bitterly.

BUSHIDO: …but my OWN.
ABURAMUSHI (OS): How…how did you penetrate my defence?!
BUSHIDO: With difficulty. What has seemed like only a few seconds for you…

Panel 3: Close-up of his hands twisting the blade, causing spurts of blood to gush from the monster’s back.

BUSHIDO:…has been a LIFETIME for me!
ABURAMUSHI: ARRGH!!
BUSHIDO: A lifetime of striking you down, only to cause numerous lives to be lost in consequence. A lifetime of going back to the point of my teleportation to attempt the attack again – a LIFETIME of striking from every possible angle!

Panel 4: Extreme-close-up on the severed time-strand Bushido’s katana cut through, fluttering around the hilt.

BUSHIDO (OS): Until, finally, the only life left to sacrifice…
BUSHIDO (OS): …Was my own.

Panel 5: Close-up of Aburamushi, grinning with blood-flecked lips, its eyes beginning to glaze as it draws near to death.

ABURAMUSHI: Hah…
ABURAMUSHI: Then you… are a FOOL, and your sacrifice…for NOUGHT.

Panel 6: Close-up of Bushido’s feet as they begin to fade away as he is slowly erased from time.

ABURAMUSHI (OS) For once you are…erased from time, it will create…a PARADOX. For it would mean you were…never alive to DEFEAT me.
ABURAMUSHI (OS): I will LIVE…and you will have FAILED for the last time.

PAGE FIVE

Panel 1: Medium shot of Aburamushi, katana still through its chest, the triumphant, grinning face of Bushido just visible over its left shoulder. Aburamushi is wide-eyed (but still glazed and almost practically dead) at the news.

BUSHIDO: That’s where you’re wrong, fiend. For if I never exist…
BUSHIDO: Then I’ll never accidentally FREE you from captivity back in Limbo.
ABURAMUSHI: Nuh…no…!

Panel 2: Close-up of the legs of both characters, as they BOTH begin to fade from this timeline.

BUSHIDO: Oh, YES. You’re going back to Limbo, Aburamushi! And this time, you’ll stay there for all eternity!
ABURAMUSHI: Ne…NEVER!!

Panel 3: Medium shot as the pair of them collapse to the floor, Bushido releasing the grip sword as his abdomen begins to fade. The blade also begins to vanish from the hilt up, still embedded in the Oni-Lord.

SFX: CRASH
BUSHIDO: It’s too LATE, Oni-Lord: Your reign of terror is over – all your atrocities are already being undone as we’re erased from this time.
BUSHIDO: And the world will be BETTER for it.
ABURAMUSHI: Noooooo…!

Panel 4: The shot pulls back as the two continue to fade away, Aburamushi thrashing weakly with what little fight it still has left.

ABURAMUSHI: Curse you, Bushido! I swear I will find a way to be free once again! And then…

Panel 5: There’s nothing left of the now but shimmering ‘ghosts’.

ABURAMUSHI: I shall have my vengeance…!

Panel 6: The room is now empty, dimly-lit.

NARR CAP: And so it came to pass that the horrors of the Oni-Lord Aburamushi were undone, and it was cast back into the eternal chains of Limbo…

NARR CAP: Yet none would know of the evil that had once plagued their world…or of the hero that had sacrificed his very existence to save them all.

————–

What did I tell you, lame-o :P I'll work on it, scout's honour!

But yeah, once Aburmushi is banished back to his prison from Bushido's sacrifice, the Antiheroes cease to exist (since they WERE one of the Oni Lords many atrocities that were undone by his defeat), leaving the many HA members…against the few remaining CLAW, Dane not included (every good criminal mastermind knows when to hightail it outta there). They finish up, realise they're the only ones that will ever remember what happened, and of Bushido, who gave his life so that the world may be right once more…dammit, there I go again!

But anyway, I digress - what does everyone think? Epic enough for a season-climax and its build-up? Yay or nay?

So! What I need from YOU is the following:

Heroes

Active HA Members and Allies:
Relik
Bombshell
Azumorph
Comet Kid
SHELL
Others?

Heroes to be seen in Limbo:
Shell's suit - since in his altered timeline, the character's family never dies so he has no reason to build the suit.
Others?

Villains

Villains to go back in time:
Coldcut
Black Plague (Hero)
Oscuro (sux)
Zombie Queen (azuJOD)
Others?

Villains to stay behind and cause havoc to occupy the heroes thoughout the season:
Killerton
Smiley (sux)
JOD (azuJOD)
Kraysch (azuJOD)
Others?

Antiheroes (ideally this would be everyone on the active HA roster at the time):
Anti-Darke (Relik)
AntiMorph (Azumorph - confirmation needed)
AntiShell (Shell - permission needed)
AntiBombshell/Bomber (Bombshell - permission needed)
Others? (again, ideally all active HA roster members, so if you want to put your hero forward, let me know if you're okay with a demonic Antihero version. If not, that's okay - some will be staying back to help clean up the aftermath of the other attacks).

I think that's everything for now - I won't bore you any longer. Dismissed, maggots!

Dave
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:16AM
Abt_Nihil at 12:35PM, April 21, 2010
(offline)
SympleSymon
Epic enough for a season-climax and its build-up? Yay or nay?
A tentative “Yay” on my part.

First off, you can use any of my characters, to whatever end, if you check back with me every now and then :3

Secondly, the ups and downs:
On the plus side, this is a great opportunity to include many many characters from different comics. But this means that we REALLY HAVE TO USE all these characters, so this is something that needs to be clarified up front… who we can get (- not meant as a criticism, just to underscore this fact).
On the negative side, I have no idea how this can be pulled off in less than a hundred pages :3 I mean, that's not negative per se, you just have to get artists willing to draw all that. We all know that this is dangerous territory - see THE DARKNESS WITHIN. I don't mean to be a spoil-sport, but I'd suggest that first we should ask ourselves whether everything you've proposed has to be a necessary part of the story, and if so, why. For instance, why can't they JUST go back in time, or JUST put our heroes against their evil counterparts, or JUST subject every non-HA-hero to the evilifying soundwave… etc. I don't doubt your ability to write all that, but readers will still have to follow everything… not even Grant Morrison and the like can make me follow these sorts of stories in the DCU :P

EDIT:

Oh, and… please also post a short summary of the whole story. Short, as in: 4 sentences. While I did read your first pitch some years (?) back, and I also just read your whole post above, we should talk about the general story first and details later. You're one of the few writers who will make me read so much on a forum in the first place! :P I'd want as many others to be able to join the discussion, and I don't think that everyone who wants to discuss this should have to read a lot first. (Did you post a summary somewhere else in the forum? I'll take everything back if you did - but please do post it here too. Oh, and I also assume that you're willing to discuss this story in the first place… :P)
SympleSymon at 2:11PM, April 21, 2010
(online)
Good points all well made, Sir!

Ok, we dont need to do all the stories as one. The Psychosis Wave story I'll either save for the next season or bring forward. Either way I'll make it an evil scientist and not CLAW. Likewise, we dont need to have the worldwide strikes. It'll be more effective if the heroes change or vanish gradually leading up to the climax. But I still want to keep all the time stuff including the Antiheroes. But thats still two large parts cut out, the rest actually makes sense together
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

SympleSymon at 2:59AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Shorter Synopsis Added! That should cut a million pages off :P I'll be working on the ‘Psychosis Wave’ story for now, but I'd still appreciate knowing who wants to submit their characters so I can start building the bigger story around them - the VA story isn't only contained to the VA climax story, its effects are shown far earlier in the HA season, so the sooner we know which characters we can use, the sooner us writer-folk can work closely together to intertwine elements of the plot throughout the stories to come before it.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing what characters we'll be using!

Dave

Nepath at 5:02AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
sorry to be a real tart but - no Energize for this story (can't explain why) but also I don't know how complicated it would be to drag Titan into another time travel plot being out of place aleady…but i am open on Titan.

If you do get this off the ground though, Im sure I can submit some other characters nearer the time.

Good luck (and Abt's right, The Darkness Within was a pain to get off the ground, so smaller is better with these projects)

Hero at 5:41AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Feel free to use Comet Kid for whatever ends. And, as for villains killing off heroes in the past. Black Plague, detailed here seems like he would be up for it.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
SympleSymon at 6:12AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Black Plague sounds awesome - added.

SympleSymon at 6:25AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Nepath
sorry to be a real tart but - no Energize for this story (can't explain why) but also I don't know how complicated it would be to drag Titan into another time travel plot being out of place aleady…but i am open on Titan.

Awwwh, really? Because I had this great idea that they stopped him from ever coming into contact with the sotrm that gave him his powers so that, in the current timeline, the manhunt for Energize suddenly stops because they're no longer looking….for the World Heavyweight Boxing Champion “Crusher Callaghan”. Just like that, his suit ends up in Limbo, now worn by the ‘ghost’ of the hero he should have been…

Everything would be set right, of course. But if you're absolutely sure it won't work, that's cool.

Dave

LuchaCoffee at 6:54AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Oscuro could be used for it, you gotta love a cunning being composed of shadows :P

———————–

villain for staying behind to cause trouble would be Smiley.

Name: Smiley

Alias: Unknown

powers: His claws are razor sharp and can cut at blazing speeds.

Fighting Style: very unpredicatble and psychotic, you never know what to expect with this guy.

Smiley is one of those weird and psychotic characters who has a penchant for goofing off, but don't take him lightly, he is extremely violent.

Note: I did not do the drawning, a very close friend of mine did after I showed him an earlier crappy drawning I did of him.

I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

AzuJOD at 8:08AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
For the time traveling villains; I submit The Zombie Queen, her necromancy powers should prove useful.

For the second set of villains, I submit JOD, and his minions (including Kraysch)
fukujinzuke at 11:26AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Some great ideas here, I see.

One thing though, I think unless Bushido is going to be an official part of the HA though, I'm not sure that I'd think the Bushido vs Aburamushi plotline would be appropriate. Now since Bushido is to die, HA membership makes kind of little sense (though it'd be great as it's own comic).

Shouldn't the HA members leading the chapter be the focal point of facing the chapter's lead antagonist? I'm not sure that HA artists would be too enthused to draw a 6-page confrontation with absolutely no HA members in it. Well, maybe those are two separate things, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
SympleSymon at 12:35PM, April 22, 2010
(online)
fukujinzuke
Some great ideas here, I see.

One thing though, I think unless Bushido is going to be an official part of the HA though, I'm not sure that I'd think the Bushido vs Aburamushi plotline would be appropriate. Now since Bushido is to die, HA membership makes kind of little sense (though it'd be great as it's own comic).

Shouldn't the HA members leading the chapter be the focal point of facing the chapter's lead antagonist? I'm not sure that HA artists would be too enthused to draw a 6-page confrontation with absolutely no HA members in it. Well, maybe those are two separate things, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Point well made - I AM working on Bushido's ‘backstory miniseries’ to hopefully come before VA starts going up, so the ‘own comic’ comment is much appreciated. At least now I know it would be read by at least one, lol!

And ANOTHER point well made, lol - Okay, change of plans: The HA fight the Antiheroes AND Aburamushi, at the same time! That way, most of them can try and get some punches in whilst Bushido's seemingly ‘ran away’, which might make his return and consequent sacrifice all the more effective. But yeah, definitely need to throw the HA in at the deep-end at the climax of the story, adding Aburamushi to their fight would just tip the scales so far from their favor it would be insane, especially with his Shield of a Thousand Lifetimes.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not sure if I made this clear, but that script example was exactly that, an EXAMPLE. It was for an unrelated writing comp, and is by no means final, in length OR content. It's all going to change now, not only because the HA will be more involved, but also because there'll be more context to it.

But thanks for your concern and advice! I trust SHELL's okay to add to this? I've always wanted to write him…

Dave

fukujinzuke at 12:48PM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Oh, yup! SHELL, suit, and AntiSHELL are go.

So… you've been wanting to write the “….” dialog?
SympleSymon at 1:02PM, April 22, 2010
(online)
fukujinzuke
Oh, yup! SHELL, suit, and AntiSHELL are go.

So… you've been wanting to write the “….” dialog?

Oh, dialogue, action, character in general really. Thanks for the permish!

Hero at 5:42AM, April 23, 2010
(online)
Oh, I didn't say, but I'm cool with having an Anti-Comet Kid/Comet King guydude.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
Sebastian_Sandberg at 7:54AM, April 23, 2010
(offline)
My first reaction is of utter glee at such an interesting storyline. ^w^

My professional reaction is that this needs a lot of build-up, so I'm thinking that the Psychosis Wave would be epic enough to play out in Season 1, while saving this for Season 2. I was playing with the idea myself of a Villains Alliance (although I would rather like the Villains Unite designation, as a direct polar opposite to the HU Initative), but I was looking for a more down-to-Earth approach to use it as a Season 1 finale.

And now to the licensing for use of characters…

I bend from my usual viewpoint on the rules of time travel to accept this story. ^_^

No-one (at least on his plane of existence) knows Virtus origin, not even Virtus himself. (He was unconscious during those 12 hours, that's all he remembers.) So maybe he'd be one of the ones that start noticing what's going on when timelines start changing around.

Evil twins? Oh heck yeah, I've got to get in on this.

Although I may have some points of interest for a possible Anti-Virtus (A theme I eventually will bring into the mainstream Virtusverse as well) being created. Why not name him Vice, that's what I've always used. ^_^

Also, V's powers is not the result of genetics, so if the demonic empowerment is made to compensate (Enhanced speed and strength, should be easy for a demonic force to conjure up, right?) you can still have a superior anti-version. Whereas Virtus's energy (the light in his eyes) has a white glow normally, with a red glow when he's angry, maybe the Anti-Virtus's energy is pitch black or dark red.
SympleSymon at 8:36AM, April 23, 2010
(online)
Sebastian_Sandberg
My first reaction is of utter glee at such an interesting storyline. ^w^

Glad you like it!

Sebastian_Sandberg
My professional reaction is that this needs a lot of build-up, so I'm thinking that the Psychosis Wave would be epic enough to play out in Season 1, while saving this for Season 2. I was playing with the idea myself of a Villains Alliance (although I would rather like the Villains Unite designation, as a direct polar opposite to the HU Initative), but I was looking for a more down-to-Earth approach to use it as a Season 1 finale.

A few things here:

*I see what you mean by just having the Psychosis Wave story in Season 1 and this in 2, but it was also Abt's idea to run both stories in this season, with VA definitely being the season climax. I'm sure he'll read through this soon though, and we can discuss any revisions to that plan.

*Also, it was Abt who suggested I change the name from “Villains Unite” in the first place, as he said the DCU had a “Villians United” a while back in the ‘Inifinite Earths’ crisis or something.

Sebastian_Sandberg
And now to the licensing for use of characters…

I bend from my usual viewpoint on the rules of time travel to accept this story. ^_^

I'm so glad…everything gets fixed anyways, so no harm no foul!

Sebastian_Sandberg
No-one (at least on his plane of existence) knows Virtus origin, not even Virtus himself. (He was unconscious during those 12 hours, that's all he remembers.) So maybe he'd be one of the ones that start noticing what's going on when timelines start changing around.

People like Virtus - and Relik, as he's not of this world and interplanetary travel is a BIT beyond even time demons - WILL start to notice things changing. And I have quite a few ideas of what those subtle - and one NOT so subtle - changes will be.

Sebastian_Sandberg
Evil twins? Oh heck yeah, I've got to get in on this.

Although I may have some points of interest for a possible Anti-Virtus (A theme I eventually will bring into the mainstream Virtusverse as well) being created. Why not name him Vice, that's what I've always used. ^_^

Also, V's powers is not the result of genetics, so if the demonic empowerment is made to compensate (Enhanced speed and strength, should be easy for a demonic force to conjure up, right?) you can still have a superior anti-version. Whereas Virtus's energy (the light in his eyes) has a white glow normally, with a red glow when he's angry, maybe the Anti-Virtus's energy is pitch black or dark red.

All very good suggestions, which I will take into account when I come to write the Antiheroes' appearances. Adding Virtus and Anti-Virtus/Vice to the list now!

Dave

Abt_Nihil at 10:37AM, April 23, 2010
(offline)
SympleSymon
*I see what you mean by just having the Psychosis Wave story in Season 1 and this in 2, but it was also Abt's idea to run both stories in this season, with VA definitely being the season climax. I'm sure he'll read through this soon though, and we can discuss any revisions to that plan.
Originally, I was only considering “Villains Alliance” as one entity, and that it might be the season climax. Back then, I didn't consider the possibility of basically splitting it in two. My initial reaction after suggesting that some parts should be dropped to reduce the page count was that the parts that are dropped (i.e. “The Psychosis Wave” ) might be stories of their own. But I won't commit to when these stories will happen until we've worked out how much preparation will have to be necessary. We should plan these things in detail first. We can still make the “Villains Alliance” presence felt during season one without making it an explicit season finale.

SympleSymon
*Also, it was Abt who suggested I change the name from “Villains Unite” in the first place, as he said the DCU had a “Villans United” a while back in the ‘Inifinite Earths’ crisis or something.
That's true! But I see Seb's point. The villains' banding together really reflects HU more than it does HA. Again, I still think we need to work out first what these group of villains is really like, how it's organized, who's who, etc.. If it turns out that calling it VA would really make no sense at all, well, then maybe DC will just have to sue us ^_^
Sebastian_Sandberg at 11:40AM, April 23, 2010
(offline)
SympleSymon
I'm so glad…everything gets fixed anyways, so no harm no foul!

Yeah, I've always felt that predestination paradoxes, stable time loops and such makes a lot more sense, but I'll yield for this timey wimey ball. ^^

Abt_Nihil
That's true! But I see Seb's point. The villains' banding together really reflects HU more than it does HA. Again, I still think we need to work out first what these group of villains is really like, how it's organized, who's who, etc.. If it turns out that calling it VA would really make no sense at all, well, then maybe DC will just have to sue us ^_^

They're villains, they do not care about copyright infringement. XD

ESPECIALLY since from the sound of it all, they seem to have been around at least a while before Heroes Alliance even started. (HA #2-3) Thus it would make even less sense for the organization to be called Villains Alliance. XD

But what if we tweak it just a little… The Villains Union? I can see a lot of the story's players hanging a lampshade on that one. XD

As for organizing, what if we could consider the Ancient one of their lowest agents? Imagine what the highest ones in the order would be then. ^^
Abt_Nihil at 1:03PM, April 24, 2010
(offline)
Sebastian_Sandberg
As for organizing, what if we could consider the Ancient one of their lowest agents? Imagine what the highest ones in the order would be then. ^^
Let's do that, since I had been thinking about that as well ^^

Also, here's a design I whipped up for Bombshell's evil twin:

LuchaCoffee at 2:06PM, April 24, 2010
(online)
I love that outfit, and she's more of an exhibitionist than Bombshell XP

Sebastian_Sandberg at 1:05PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
Glad to see I can still bring some well recieved ideas to the table, Abt. ;)

Secondly, boy, when you do evil, you do evil well! Proper comment on DA later. ^^
SympleSymon at 3:45AM, April 28, 2010
(online)
DAMN, Abt, that's a great Anti-Bombshell and all, but you really didn't give me a chance to fully-explain how the hybrids would look. They're not only fused with demons on the power-lever, but on the visual level to some extent. Right now Anti-Bomber DOES look terrifying, but she also looks…human.

Is there anyway you could introduce a demonic feature to her design? How about if her crimson-eyemask is simply just made of rippling, scarred demonic-flesh?

If that's not possible don't worry, I suppose I can change the plans somewhat…

Dave

Abt_Nihil at 8:57AM, April 28, 2010
(offline)
SympleSymon
Is there anyway you could introduce a demonic feature to her design? How about if her crimson-eyemask is simply just made of rippling, scarred demonic-flesh?
Are we going to have a sort of template for what the demons are going to look like? And sure thing, I could adjust her design later on. I just had this visual idea and I needed to get it on paper… er, screen.
SympleSymon at 7:10AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
Are we going to have a sort of template for what the demons are going to look like?

Hmmm, well as soon as we've come up with a pwnsome design for the great and terrible Oni Lord Aburamushi, the Chronophage (basically translating to Time Eating Parasite), then we'll know from him what sort of demonic visages we'll be working with…any volunteers? If so, here's the description again…

Aburamushi, a hulking, ashen-gray monster in barbaric battle armour adorned with the skulls of vanquished foes. A pair of curling, ram-like yellow horns protrudes from its head, one snapped off at the time, both stained with blood. Its big red eyes stare down Bushido with malicious intent. A tattered cape of dark purple falls from its broad shoulders, and it carries no weapon. What’s most alarming is that it is completely surrounded in an orb of thin, intricate blue strands that shine brightly.

Yes, another tattered cape. They're cool :P

Dave

LuchaCoffee at 4:38PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Tattered capes are cool :D

SympleSymon at 6:51AM, June 18, 2010
(online)
Okay gang, here's a small excerpt I wrote some time ago when I was first throwing this idea together! Let me know what you think!

Villains Alliance Excerpt (Rough Idea I wrote ages ago – not necessarily going to be in the finished story)

PAGE X1

1 – Dane Harding of CLAW enters the interrogation room, one hand behind his back. There’s a confused looking Francis Spalding (scientist) seated in room under the glaring spotlight of the otherwise darkened room.

DANE – Spalding. Still alive, I see.
SPALDING – Damn it all to Hell, Harding – I demand an explanation!

2 – In one fluid motion Dane draws his arm up from behind his back: he’s got a small handgun and fires it point-blank at Spalding’s face.

SFX – BLAM
DANE – Sorry, not going to happen.
DANE – Control, get me a Level-10 containment field around our suspect…
CONTROL – This is Control – field activating.

3 – The still standing ‘body’ of Spalding seems to stare at Harding, a gaping, bloodless hole in his forehead as the yellow forcefield shimmers around him.

SFX – zmmm
SPALDING - …
SPALDING – How did you know?

4 – Dane holsters his firearm.

DANE – Simple: the real Nathan Spalding just came up KIA in Washington.
DANE – His last recorded coordinates were right in the middle of HA Headquarters.

5 – Close on the imposter Spalding, as his entire face begins to re-mould.

DANE – Which would make you a spy…
DANE – Azumorph

PAGE X2

1 – His ruse no longer necessary, Azumorph shifts back into his usual form.

DANE – Yes, we’ve known about you all along, but now he’s dead I thought it best to contain you before your team had time to pull you out.
AZUMORPH – That makes no sense, Spalding was checked for suicide-aids and was restrained at all times – how did he die?
DANE – He held his breath.

2 – Dane nonchalantly lights a cigar.

AZUMORPH – Self-asphyxiation is impossible…
DANE – Give us some credit, please.
DANE – No, a nano-explosive, embedded in his cerebellum that detonated the moment the blood-supply to his brain fell sufficiently low enough. Has all the exterior traits of an aneurysm.

3 – Azumorph hammers on the containment field, enraged as Dane look on emotionlessly, if somewhat sarcastic.

AZUMORPH – You MONSTER!!
DANE – Take a look at yourself, hero.
DANE – Oh, and don’t even bother trying to alert your little ‘HA’ friends…

4 – Close on Azumorph as he tries to activate his HA-Communicator, to no effect.

SFX – clik clik clik
DANE - That Level-10 containment field negates all communication frequencies, and it is where you will remain until such a time when I need you… or not.

5 – Harding’s triumphant, sneering face.

DANE – Until then, as far as your allies know you’re still successfully undercover. Which is precisely what we want them to think, reports and all.
AZUMORPH – I won’t lie to the team!
DANE – Oh, but you will – in one form or another…
DANE – Control, I want him under surveillance 24-7. And prepare the Cracked Mirror program…

PAGE X3

1 – Half-page or less. Dane leaves the interrogation room, where Aburamushi is waiting in the hallway, his shadow-serpent tendrils snapping at nearby CLAW soldiers.

ABURAMUSHI – The morphous one still lives. I do not understand you, Harding. It was you who said its insurgency posed a threat, was it not?
DANE – I did, but I never said I was going to kill the freak, only neutralise the threat. It has been dealt with, and now we hold all the cards. Our plan proceeds uninhibited, if not more so than before. Keeping that thing alive will have its benefits.
ABURAMUSHI – Such as…?

2 – They walk down the hallway, the shadow-monsters giving Dane a wide berth.

DANE – Misinformation, for starters. If the HA believes Azumorph to still be undercover, once Cracked Mirror has produce its results we can proceed to feed them any ‘intel’ we want. We’ll have them chasing ghosts as they fall, one by one.

3 – Aburamushi turns to Dane to regard him with grim-admiration as they walk. Dane is growling, unimpressed.

ABURAMUSHI – You would have made a formidable Oni…
DANE – Save it. I work with you, but let’s make one thing absolutely clear – I’ll never serve you. I serve no one but my own demons.
ABURAMUSHI - …
ABURAMUSHI – As you wish.

Again, this was just a rough few pages - I dont even know if Azumorph's powers would allow him to take the form of another, but at the time I didn't know anyone else with shape-changing powers. If anything, hopefully this will give you all a good idea about the general dark tone I have planned for this story…

Comments welcome!

Dave

LuchaCoffee at 7:25AM, June 18, 2010
(online)
That was pretty awesome and an intense page :D

SympleSymon at 8:37AM, June 18, 2010
(online)
Thanks - oh, and just in case you're wondering, Cracked Mirror is the codename for the Anti-Heroes creation procedure.

AzuJOD at 3:14AM, June 19, 2010
(online)
Okay, first of all, that's some great writing there!

To answer you're question, Azumorph could potentially use his powers to take the form of another, but his skin would still be blue. However in the “fanservice chapter” thread they suggested using skin coloured makeup to hide Titan's “greenness” and we could use the same stuff here for Azu.

Hope that helped!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon