HA Town Hall

References for characters, props and locations
LuchaCoffee at 11:36AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Not sure about the radioactive sign, but it might be funny if each of them had a different sign on their chest. Like the punks in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns… not remembering whether they had similar signs, but I just mean: we could play with these stereotypes a bit. Anyway, nice one!

Thank you :D
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

last edited on July 18, 2011 10:16AM
Abt_Nihil at 4:34PM, Aug. 9, 2010
(offline)
Reference sheets for the two German superheroes and Peligroso and Wraith (click on the images to see the original size):

On the left is the first Kaleidoskop (that's the German spelling, not a typo). He dies an ugly death in HA #3. One of the first German superheroes to appear after WWII, he is a regular, if well trained, human called Karl Leitner, but the gadgets in his kevlar-padded suit give him power over light - there are light collectors on his forehead and chest. He can shoot beams out of the projectors on his forearms, and he can manipulate the intensity of the rays. The collectors, projectors and the rays themselves resemble kaleidoscopes. (Here's a nice tutorial on how to create kaleidoscope effects in Photoshop very easily.)

On the right is the second Kaleidoskop, who has recently become the first one's sidekick. (To avoid confusion, they will refer to each other as “senior” and “junior”, or “No. 1” and “No. 2”.) She is a 21-year old social worker whose parents immigrated from Turkey to Germany. I have yet to find a good name for her. She can also manipulate light, but doesn't need any gadgets to do that. She also has other “regular” superhuman powers, like flight, invulnerabilty and super-strength, but each of these aren't too well developed yet.

Peligroso's design is pretty much based on this artwork by MrHades:

The only thing I really changed is the mask. Everything should be pretty self-explanatory… Wraith's feet burn. Yup. There's an evil mouth floating in front of his face, but I need to point out that this detail is a homage to JUMP and should not be used anywhere else but on HA #3. Floating mouth is off-limits everywhere else. Otherwise, the author of JUMP will beat me up and leave me for dead in some filthy alley. And it'll be YOUR fault.
LuchaCoffee at 4:46PM, Aug. 9, 2010
(online)
I love the designs for Peligroso and Wraith :) I love the green veins and the mouth that floats, course the feet are bad ass :D, Abt you have done an amazing job :D

Abt_Nihil at 3:51AM, Aug. 16, 2010
(offline)
Wes_Nero123 sent me sketches and info for the HA base:

Wes_Nero123
The base was once an under-sea observatory (for ocean floor and tectonic plate activity) built by Dr. Cory Fitzpatrick and funded by the U.S. government. Years later Dr. Fitzpatrick would go insane ((for reasons I will keep to myself for now :P)) and become the supervillian known as “PsycoPat” and use the base for his own twisted means until he was defeated by Mr. Imp.

-The base can only be reached by teleportation (Imp has a teleportation key from his battle) or a submarine that can reach that depth.

LuchaCoffee at 8:49AM, Aug. 16, 2010
(online)
Nice :D

Abt_Nihil at 4:45AM, Aug. 17, 2010
(offline)
BLEEDER reference from lustyJin's dA gallery:

And here's reference for THE GUARDIAN (bottom right):

fukujinzuke at 7:56PM, Aug. 23, 2010
(online)
Reference request:

Mystical Artifact
Westerwelle (I think he may be in other artist's pages)

Abt_Nihil at 4:47AM, Aug. 24, 2010
(offline)
Here you go :3

Reference for Thrawn/Mystical artifact:

Click here for Thrawn's info page

What's falling to the ground on the page below is his heart - the artifact. It's more or less just a stone.

I quickly compiled some panels/pages from Shades (click on it for full size). The first and last panels here show his wounds and open chest.

For more pics, I suggest looking up the last two chapters of Shades (he first appears in ch. 12).

And now for something completely different… a politician instead of a demon. Er…

Reference for Guide Westerwelle, the current German foreign minister:

To me he always seems like a schoolboy pretending to be an elder statesman :P

Reference for Hecate, Peligroso's bike:

…coming up later this week.
Meechi at 7:59PM, Aug. 24, 2010
(online)
Definitely can't wait to get a hold of that reference for Hecate. Seeing as it's an important opening part of page 3…I kind of need it =P.
Abt_Nihil at 1:03PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(offline)
All right, here's reference for Hecate (click on the image for full size):

Man, vehicle designs are tough! If my designs are vague in places, feel free to fill up the holes in my designs with the following references (because these are the ones I used myself):

LuchaCoffee at 1:05PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Kanada's Bike= Win :D

I think I figured out a good name for the Meta Group

Meta Supremacist Front

Abt_Nihil at 10:02AM, Sept. 14, 2010
(offline)
Meechi
Just to clarify a few things while I'm still in sort of a rough stage, exactly how many gang members are present in this opening scene? There are 5 that are visible in the script, but should there be more “stand-ins” for the brawl? Also, looking at the references Sux provided, is this the agreed upon look of the group?
Good question! Actually, this is something that should be discussed between all artists who get to draw the gang members. The reference sux provided is fine, and can be used as a springboard for the individual designs. One option would be for every artist to design one or two gang members, then swap designs with the other artists (or rather, just post them in the forums).

And yes, there might be more “stand-ins”, but that's also open to the artists' decision. Again, this should be worked out and posted on the forums.

EDIT:

I deliberately didn't design these guys myself, because I don't want to control the entire look of the comic :P But since they aren't described in the script either, I'd just like to add that when writing the script, I pictured a rather diverse group of characters here. Some really tall and bulky, some scrawny, etc. And each of these could have some sort of weird mutation or something, since we are dealing with a metahuman group. Or one could be a lizard man or something. Whatever you like! ^_^
MrHades at 2:42AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
The five Terrorists that appear on page 2 of HU3:

Glowy-Man(?)name needed/powers!:

The Lump:
Big lump of fat who's skin is a weapon that chokes/constricts… dough like.

Ghost-Face:
Emits swirling mists that can choke/obscure. Firece close combatant.

Grey-Ghoul
Think of a cheap Green Goblin rip-off ;)

Need a female to round this out:
———————————–

Anyone? Will edit post when I get a design
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
LuchaCoffee at 7:06AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
MrHades
Glowy-Man(?)name needed/powers!:

Neon sounds like a good name for glowey guy :P
as for powers…. some kind of energy…perhaps a neon laser or something like that :)

MrHades at 2:21AM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
Neon, that'll do nicely :)
LuchaCoffee at 6:17AM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
MrHades

Thank you :), and I have been tinkering with that female character you wanted..still working on a design, but it might help you out :D

Hero at 11:31AM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)

These three guys appear on pages 14 and 15.

There's Spike(left) who has the ability to fire a concussive needle like energy projection from his eyes.

Jack of all Trades(Middle) has the ability to mimic any physical task he witnesses and retain it for future use.

And Icebox(Right) had the ability to keep the ringleader's beer and sammiches cold inside his man-fridge until he messed up his settings one day, delivered warm beer and was subsequently put on active combat duty despite his lack of useful powers. He might have standard above average strength, agility and endurance that most metas get when their powers activate, but who can really say?
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
Abt_Nihil at 12:58PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
I love them all, but Icebox will always have a special place in my heart.
ZananIV at 2:17PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
Maybe Neon should be able to absorb energy as well. There are a handful of energy users on the team. It could be an interesting challenge for them, I think. But then again, maybe energy absorption wouldn't work for his role in the story/personality.
LuchaCoffee at 6:27AM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
Hero

These guys are so campy, they deserve their own comic someday XD

MrHades at 3:32AM, Oct. 26, 2010
(online)
sux
MrHades

Thank you :), and I have been tinkering with that female character you wanted..still working on a design, but it might help you out :D

Any news on that Character? Got to start drawing her asap.
LuchaCoffee at 8:24AM, Oct. 26, 2010
(online)
MrHades
sux
MrHades

Any news on that Character? Got to start drawing her asap.

Got it

Name: Vyrus

She can hack any electronic device and can control it. I didn't know which style she should be so I did two different looks for her.

1) Robotic look

2) Human with cyborg implements

Please choose which you prefer :)

Tempest_Lavalle at 9:28PM, Oct. 26, 2010
(online)
Hey guys! I've updated Vora's character page, so drawing her as well as coloring her should be a tad easier ^^ Download it here or if that doesn't work, go to my http://tempest-lavalle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d314amopage and download it from there!

MrHades at 8:38AM, Oct. 27, 2010
(online)
sux: Got it
Abt_Nihil at 2:31PM, Oct. 27, 2010
(offline)
Tempest: Thanks for posting it! I forgot ^^;
fukujinzuke at 11:36PM, Dec. 19, 2010
(online)
References for Issue # 4 “Skin Deep” (a.k.a. fanservice chapter)

Heroes to appear:

Relik (as Brad Stone in all his celebrity glory),
Bombshell,
Vora,
Titan,
Bleeder
and Virtus.

Minor role additions:

-SHELL (as Masao Kimura, as limo driver 1)
-Amalgam (as ____ Wiles, I don't know his first name, as limo driver 2)
-Dr. Destiny (not undercover)

Reinforcements:
-Blue Jay
-Azumorph
-Impractical Mr. Imp

Artists involved:
Fukujinzuke,
Abt_Nihil,
Tempest_Lavalle,
lustyJin,
Sebastian_Sandberg,
MrHades,
Guest Artist

Recommended reading:
–> Storyboarding the Simpsons Way (it's a 15-pager that can change the way you plan your panels' shots. Granted it's for tv, but the concepts of camera positioning apply for comics too.)

Writer:
Fukujinzuke
(with Epilogue by SympleSymon)

References to date (more to come):

The Limos

The Spa Front Exterior

The Spa Lobby

The Spa Poolside

The Spa Mudbaths

The Spa Hallways

The Spa Massage Room

Brad's Room

The Spa Security Control Room

The Secret Lab

Ms. Ari (the villainous mastermind, co-created by AzuJOD and Fukujinzuke)

Ms. Ari's golden gun (glock 9mm pistol) and ammo

Ms. Ari's cronies: Harpy Cronies (all female; can have multiple variations, since there's a bunch of them)

Crony Collar, Ms. Ari's mind-control device:

Lustra (seducer of Brad Stone)

Mambo

Side effect of Ms. Ari's alterations may include psychotic, homicidal tendancies…

Titan's poolside outfit (note: She'll be covered in flesh-colored body paint to disguise her skin's real color):

Vora/Sarah outift:

Aria/Bombshell outfits:

Romey/Bleeder outfits:

Brad Stone outfit: (give him white sneakers)

Virtus/Seb poolboy outfit:

Amalgam:

This list is also on the Issue's primary thread.
Macattack at 9:17AM, Feb. 26, 2011
(offline)
I have a question regarding Heroes Alliance but not necessarily any specific storyline. I was just curious if there was any kind of identifying mark like a letter head, a special communicator, badge, what not for those who officially joined the alliance? The main reason being that if Wireless can fit into any of the story lines I'd love to have it followed by me drawing a comic for his main story where it shows him holding such an item letting people know “Yes he does have ties with Heroes Alliance despite Canada's current hatred to the meta humans” (Yes Canada's about to go into absolute turmoil and wage war against the meta menace) It's pretty important to me that I somehow show that Wireless is a member of Heroes Alliance as I'd also love to do a teamup with someone to take down his nemesis Shock as Wireless isn't strong enough to do it on his own… Anyways, that's my question. Hope this is the right topic to post it in :P
Abt_Nihil at 3:40PM, Feb. 26, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
I was just curious if there was any kind of identifying mark like a letter head, a special communicator, badge, what not for those who officially joined the alliance?
Certainly a communicator, and probably a teleportation device… we haven't seen those yet though.
Macattack at 8:56AM, Feb. 27, 2011
(offline)
Abt_Nihil
Certainly a communicator, and probably a teleportation device… we haven't seen those yet though.

cool. Well I'll keep an eye out for if there ever is a solid design for it… I never actually noticed that they had teleportation before… probably just a mind blank on my part
Abt_Nihil at 7:39AM, Feb. 28, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
I never actually noticed that they had teleportation before… probably just a mind blank on my part
You'll see it at the end of this chapter (#3). It doesn't get explained in this chapter though… it's caused me some headaches, since if everyone's got a teleportation device and can use it any time, there's hardly anything that would still have to be done the traditional way. People would teleport all the time! :p

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon