HA Town Hall

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Abt_Nihil at 10:25AM, July 27, 2009
(offline)
This thread is exclusively for keeping track of the most important forum posts on Heroes Alliance - if this thread says that something is important, you better believe it is!

Everyone can post here if they feel they've got something VERY important to say. However, remember that I am the admin here and I'll ultimately decide what's important and what's not. So please think twice before posting here! :D

For now, the most important thing to keep track of is my post here.

I will also post a sort of status report on HEROES ALLIANCE here whenever I feel it's necessary. Today it would be:

Discussing plots & storylines. Looking for artists.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:16AM
Abt_Nihil at 1:45PM, Sept. 28, 2009
(offline)
I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I guess I really should spell it out:

Characters (heroes/villains) are more likely to appear on HA if they have their own comic on the web.

Heroes Unite was originally meant for that very purpose: Bringing together webcomic superheroes. Exceptions have been made from the very beginning though, what with Tazer in #1, Ty in #2, Blue Beacon in #3 and so on. And exceptions will continue to be made. Still, I think HA should be a crossover in the same way HU is, and that means that the appearing characters should have an independent life and history of their own (which will also make dealing with those characters a lot easier for our writers, since they need to get a feeling of what the character's about, something tangible beyond descriptions and bios).

Depending on their level of contribution I'm completely fine with writers/artists submitting their own brand-new original characters to make their debut on HA. Still, I think for a significant amount of characters this should not be the case.

There is no strict rule to be inferred from this; final decisions whether or not to include a character will always be made in the context of whether the story at hand will benefit. It's just something I needed to make clear in case it wasn't.

Today's status report
: Received 1st draft of the script for HA #1 from Sebastian_Sandberg. Looks cool, probably some minor alterations left to do, pages should be assigned soon and we can get the whole project underway! :D
Abt_Nihil at 6:07AM, Jan. 19, 2010
(offline)
All creators/writers who'd like to be more closely involved in planning the series or writing individual chapters, please forward your main e-mail adress to brad! He will then send you an invite to google wave, where everyone can then sign up for free and we can plan HA there. Please note that invites are limited - not everyone who applies will be invited.

brad
1. Here is a good overview about what Google Wave is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDu2A3WzQpo

2. And here's a good technical video showing it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBzuuWZPaXc

Of course this forum right here will not be abandoned.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon