HA Stories

Stories & Storylines
Abt_Nihil at 7:24AM, Jan. 6, 2013
(offline)
Here's an update on stories which are currently in the works. The numbering is more or less tentative, of course.

HA #8 “Shinobi” written by ironhand (upcoming chapter)

HA #9 “Wrath of the Zombie Queen”, a three-act story currently being written by myself; introducing R.I.S.E., built around a script by sux

HA #10 “Fandango”, written by PIT_FACE, featuring a clash of RISE recruits Bones and Desperado

HA #11 - no title yet; this is where I try wrapping up some loose threads from previous chapters and solidify HA's place in the world, including specifying their relationship to RISE. I've written bits and pieces, but this is still quite vague. I'd like to write this around a confrontation with a new villain, but the villain's motivation should be rather simple so the chapter won't get cluttered. Any suggestions?

HA #12 - I'd always liked the idea for this season to consist of 12 chapters, which would make this the season finale… but we don't have anything tangible for it yet. The “Army of JOD” story by AzuJOD would be an option, but I think it could also make for a nice season 2 opener… it's up for discussion.

Also, “Crossed Wires” may be in the works…? And anything I forgot?
last edited on Jan. 6, 2013 7:29AM
ironhand at 11:02AM, Jan. 6, 2013
(offline)
I agree that 12 issues is a good place to finish off the first “series” and also that the army of JOD storyline does make a good opener rather than an ending. What I would suggest is that we make each series very different. Perhaps we should raise the stakes in series 2? Make it darker? By doing that, the JOD story definitely fits in there.
In regards Issue 12 - I would say that it has to be big and a pretty solid ending: in that maybe it doesn't wrap things up but doessolve one or two things as well as open stuff up. So something pretty big needs to happen that will showcase the main cast. I mentioned to abt before that it would be good to have HA go “public” by the end.
Give me a bit of time and I will come up with some suggestions for Issue 12 as I think I have something in the back of my mind I just can't seem to dig it up at the minute.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
shastab24 at 1:52PM, Jan. 19, 2013
(online)
How would people feel about doing a play-by-post role playing thread on the message board? I found such things to be entertaining on the Pride High message boards and can help people get a better feel for characters, as well as creating interaction and relationships for the characters without the pressure of it being part of a particular issue of the comic.

Of course, I ask because I'm running a crossover for the year and I figure it's the easiest way to get Heroes Alliance involved. I would want it to be drawn after it's done, but wouldn't be incredibly hurt to see such a thing remain in text form. In any event, it could be a way for each person to bring their characters into such a thing and know they are treated well, while also maintaining good interaction and the like with the others.

Such a role-playing thread would be a story of sorts, where each person posts their additions, using their own character(s) to further the plot. This is a thread I ran on the Pride High message boards that I think can show how things can work. Do you guys think such a thing would be something you would take part in?
PIT_FACE at 8:21AM, Jan. 20, 2013
(online)
huh, i dont think that's such a bad idea at all!

JimHarbor at 6:55AM, Feb. 5, 2013
(online)
Depending on how it times well with other stories, perhaps HA #11 Would be best developed as a sort of “Pilot Finale” Kind of like in Stargate or SGU, a story that ends the threads of one ongoing metanarrative but develops toward a new one. Forn example, putting a JOD type of set up that establishes the Staus Quo that story is working off of.

To that end it may help to have input from the composers of what comes after to work with it.
Also on the subject of Equilibrium, the project was up in the air, and if no one wants to take it I'm asking if it woud be ok for me to start composing it.

I've also talked with A LOT of people over A LOT of time about my HI concept and from what I can tell I'm ok to wait and then see how viable it is to do.
In the meantime I want to establish myself as a Huniverse Regular so please send me all the writing chorse you can manage. ;)
last edited on Feb. 5, 2013 6:58AM
Abt_Nihil at 8:24AM, Feb. 6, 2013
(offline)
Ironhand and myself are actually working on turning #12 into a “season finale” (see my previous post on this page).

Regarding “Equilibrium”, it's up for grabs, I think. At least I don't have anything to do with it, right now.
JimHarbor at 8:24PM, Feb. 6, 2013
(online)
So should I bump the old thread, make a new one, start writing or…?
irrevenant at 6:32PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(online)
This is true. I might be reading too much into EGO's dialogue with Blue Beacon. Before that EGO had literally known no purpose but to fight. I was left with a vision that his eyes had been opened to new possibilities by Blue Beacon's speech and he had gone off into the stars to do some soul-searching and find himself.
V'ger (or for that matter NOMAD) from Star Trek is a great analogy: A storyline where EGO has fused with alien technology and is operating from(at first) incomprehensibly alien motivations is much more interesting to me than one where he's an outright villain.
I also really liked JimHarbor's analogy that the story could be as much about the heroes and their differing opinions what this all means. I'd hope Blue Beacon could make a repeat appearance.
Is the EGO storyline still going ahead, btw?
P.S. Loving the hero reform idea! I'm a massive fan of the old Suicide Squad…
P.P.S. Not loving the new quote system anywhere near as much. -_-
Abt_Nihil wrote:
irrevenant's comment about EGO:
The point about EGO is that he's programmed to do what seems logical/reasonable. I didn't mean that he's actually “convinced” by the aliens to attack the earth, but rather that either his programming is tinkered with or that the aliens sort of expand it (i.e. his “mind”) (Think of V'ger from Star Trek - The Motion Picture). I do see your point though - his decisions should definitely made palpable in light of what's been established, and not just have any “character development” (whatever “character” he might have) be reverted. What happens should be viewed as further development. Note that at no point did he oppose his being used as a military tool. What he opposed was his destruction.
JimHarbor at 7:31PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(online)
Also note that EGO, ebing a machine, doenst have human mnotobvations.
He knows nothign of rage, greed, jelaousy, love etc. So why he does what he does will ukltimatly be from a standpoint toatlly alien to any organic thougt.
Also the Equilbrium outline is done! What do you think?
JimHarbor at 7:10AM, Feb. 15, 2013
(online)
So Abt and I just discussed a sort of “Gaiden”
project that I'm going to shop around here.
If any of you follow Mainstream comics, you'll know that
back in 2006 or so, DC made 52, a weekly comic written in collaboration by
their four best writers.Rather than focus on one story or character, it was an
ensemble that acted as a showcase for the DCU as a whole. Less a normal comic
serial and more a TV series crossed with a DND campaign.

Theidea here is to do something similar. A handful of writers, all of which who
have ideas and background aspects that it may not be feasible to fit into full
comics, would band together and make a master plot.
This plot would then be broken down into chapters and posted
in prose format on say… fictionpress or some such place. The writers would
take turns rotating the chapters and focus, giving a story analogous to Wild
Cards or Game of Thrones in scope; with shifting perspectives and characters in
a wide developed universe.
Notonly could it serve as a “sourcebook” providing background data and agreater exploration of the Universe than can be done on the Duck WebcomicModel, but it could be used as a platform for what we CAN bring into thecomics.

Going just by what I know I can handle, I'm confidante that
with at least three regular writers who can do a chapter a month or so that we could
keep up the pace of a well done work on ff.net.
Abt is pretty busy with just the HA business so I'd be
handling most of the logistics, reporting to him with pertinent information so
as to make sure nothing is disturbed.
So, do I have any takers?
last edited on Feb. 15, 2013 7:14AM
irrevenant at 3:15AM, Feb. 27, 2013
(online)
I have a story ideaand I wanted to run it by you guys for input and comments, to see if it's suitable (and to see if it's okay to use the characters of Titan, Comet Kid and Bombshell in my script).

It's a short story (for the new Brave and the Bold-style“Hero Features Presents”)that introduces a new hero (Chaos) and a new villain/minion (the R.E.S.P.O.N.S.E Drone) and leaves a dangling thread in the form of a plot by an unknown (probably but not necessarily roboticist) villain.

NEW CHARACTERS

Chaos: Ben Wyndham was a teen genius (he's now in his early 20s) and a bit of a scientific superstar who got rich off his patents by the age of 12. He used his wealth to indulge his private fascination for the martial arts, training with masters from around the world, obsessed with discovering the elusive formula for martial arts perfection. Despite his best efforts and a high degree of natural aptitude, he found himself unable to break martial arts mastery down into a scientific formula and . Until one day, he was visiting his sifu in China for his monthly lesson and always ineffectual attempt to defeat sifu in hand-to-hand. He watched and waited while sifu graciously assisted in training a group of novices. Sifu had one student come at him to demonstrate defensive posture. The student tripped and sprawled flailing, striking sifu and knocking him down as he fell. Ben laughed and laughed and laughed and, as the koans say: at that moment Ben was enlightened. Profoundly absorbing the lesson, Ben became the embodiment of randomness, his moves equal parts unpredictable and implausible. As the hero Chaos he wears a costume composed of a biopolymers of his own design across which bright colours constantly morph and shift (imagine if Rorschach's mask covered his entire body and was composed of bright clashing colours).

Prudence (on comms)
Prudence is Chaos's intelligence and base-command. She is the surviving half of the heroic once-duo Prudence and Patience and was saved by Chaos in the encounter that left Patience dead. She only appears on Comms in this story. (Hmm, maybe in a HUD in Chaos's costume?)

R.E.S.P.O.N.S.E Automated Drone: A large robot (about the size of a van) designed to scan heroes and adapt its capability and skills to oppose them. Even without using that ability it is very tough and well armed.

PLOT SUMMARY

Scene: The annual Future Fair where the best and brightest of upcoming technology is showcased. Futuristic gizmos (including the clearly labelled R.E.S.P.O.N.S.E Automated Drone) and milling crowds are everywhere.
Comet Kid (CK) is having a great time looking at all the cool stuff and happy to keep saying so. Titan's demeanour is more serious. She reminds him that they're not there to have fun, they're there because Bombshell has received information that a villain will be attempting to assassinate an unknown target at the Fair.

At the podium is former child/teen scientific prodigy (and now run-of-the-mill adult multi-disciplinary genius) Ben Wyndham giving a talk on something fascinating and impressive.

Behind Titan, the R.E.S.P.O.N.S.E Drone begins to move and sends out beams, scanning Titan from behind. Ben shouts “Look out!” and points. As Titan turns and leaps at the Drone, it states “Analysis complete. Designate: Titan. Strength and durability exceeding rated combat parameters. Response: Remove from combat zone”. A blast catches her mid-leap, blasting her upward and leaving a roughly Titan-shaped hole in the roof. The crowd scatters.

Titan lets CK know via comms that she's okay but she's been knocked a few miles away and he needs to contain the Drone while she gets back. Meanwhile Ben changes into his Chaos superhero duds hidden behind the podium/stage thingy.

The Drone pops out several arms, each ending in a nasty looking weapon (some ranged) or claw or hand. Chaos pops up and there is a moment where CK assumes he's a second assailant but they both decide to avert that cliche. Comet Kid engages, managing to blow away a few of the arms before the Drone analyses him and somehow produces a repellent coating that protects it from Comet Kid's energy constructs. CK is genre-savvy enough to use his powers to pick up stuff and attack the drone with it, but his ability to hurt it is reduced. Chaos uses a few tricks against it (including some sort of nifty adhesive goop which locks up one arm before it adapts) but is expending most of his effort in just not getting killed.

Chaos asks Prudence for input over his commlink. She points out that martial arts, even if they are transcendentally unpredictable is useful against street thugs and not so much against killer robots of doom. She suggests “run”.

The Drone manages to knock CK away for a moment and scans Chaos, identifying him as a non-powered human martial artist and setting to work analysing his style. Prudence has tried to research the R.E.S.P.O.N.S.E Drone but has discovered it was not an enrolled exhibit at the fair. Also, the Drone seems to be sending a signal but not receiving one.

Chaos gets in the Drone's face, distracting it and drawing its focus. Frustrated (in a Dronesque way) by its inability to hit him, the Drone pours more resources into trying to anticipate his movements, growing more erratic and flailing as it is unable to. At which point Chaos asks the Drone “Forgotten anybody?” and it is torn in two from a single blow from behind by Titan.

Later: Bombshell has turned up for a debrief. Titan laments that they still don't know who it was intending to assassinate and that maybe they'll find out once they pull it apart back at base. Chaos passes on what Prudence mentioned about the Drone sending some sort of a signal. Bombshell suggests maybe the assassination plan was just a ruse to lure HA here so they could be analysed. Chaos advisescare in taking the Drone back to base in case it somehow uses the opportunity to analyse more of the team and Bombshell agrees it's a good idea to have it taken somewhere off site for analysis instead.

Bombshell mentions that they're aware of his heroing efforts and extends her usual offer to Chaos to think about affiliating himself with the team. He's chuffed that someone of Bombshell's stature would have even heard of him until she points out that fighting crime at night wearing the equivalent of a dayglo lava lamp tends to make one fairly conspicuous. Embarrassed, he agrees that she has a point there and that normally he works alone (to a *coughcough* in his ear from Prudence) but he'll definitely think about it.

END

Any thoughts or input? Does it seem suitable? I'm not sure what length we're aiming at for “Hero Features Presents” but it would be a comparatively short tale (something like 8-12 pages at a guess).
Thanks.
last edited on Feb. 27, 2013 3:26AM
JimHarbor at 8:38AM, Feb. 27, 2013
(online)
I'm diggign Chaos a lot. Very cool, like q combo betwwen Ozymandias and Equinox.
shastab24 at 2:16AM, Feb. 28, 2013
(online)
I've been thinking about opening up the role-playing thread I mentioned, but want to know what sort of support I have for it. I'm posting the cover tomorrow to the storyline of Astral and Sparkle dealing with an invasion tied to the crossover. I would hope this could run concurrently to the role-playing thread, either interweaving with it or, in a simpler way to do things, I could only play as my other HUniverse characters in the role-playing thread (I have a few–Locomotive, Noggin, Technica, Purple Power, the Herculean, and the Ammon Kid–so I know it wouldn't be hard for me to find another character). But it would be nice to see Heroes Alliance get involved in the crossover in a way that doesn't take over the actual Heroes Alliance comic (though I would still desire to make the thing into a comic–likely in a separate place, though, to, again, not take over the actual comic–I would likely take a lion's share of art duties, if not doing all the art).
I just want to know what support I have because I don't want to start a thread nobody really cares about in the first place.

On another note, like it says in the latest post in my What You Believe thread, I still need coloring on those two uncolored pages. Try as I might I can't do it, and I lost contact with RazielArt. Anybody up to it?
irrevenant at 1:44AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
I read a comment in an old thread that a lot of recent stories have featured hordes of enemies and large numbers of heroes and that it would be nice to have a story that focusses on a smaller group of heroes (and give the artists a bit of a break from massive crowd scenes. :)).

With that in mind, I present:

LEVIATHAN

A huge, multi-headed beast emerges from the ocean to attack London,heading for the Houses of Parliament. Bombshell and a small HA team are already there having just finished another case and engage the creature, which mops the floor with them before retreating. Bombshell manages to get a tracer on it before it disappears back into the ocean. (For added drama, the creature can swallow the tracer so who knows how long they have before the tracer dissolved in the creature's gut.

Bombshell quickly puts together a team that can weather the ocean's depths (I'm thinking Relik, SHELL, Comet Kid, maybe Titan) and sends them after the creature. SUX proposed a character who found a mysterious suit of ancient steam-powered subaquatic power armour who would fit very well here.

They pursue the tracer to the ocean floor off the coast of England. They lose the signal, but not before discovering a subaquatic city with an aesthetic combining classical architecture with steampunk- the ancient city of Atlantis.

Turns out the reason no one has been able to find Atlantis is it MOVES. The city roams the ocean floor using thermal vents as a power source. (If SUX's character is along, presumably his suit is of Atlantean origin).

As our heroes explore they are attacked by the city's automated defences and have to fight them off. In exploring they find the library and an indication that there was a major disaster and the citizens of Atlantis fled through the “Mouth of Hell”. (It helps here if SUX's character has an archaeological background). They also come across a known supervillain with an archaelogy-based background - dead. (Alternately, substitute The Ancient - alive and trapped in some inexplicable bit of Atlantean stasis machinery - but that (a) might make the story a bit too like HA #2 and (b) mute the upcoming surprise).

After a while they reach a HUGE throne room, and sitting in the throne is… Anarch! And a hulking silhouette - the Leviathan! Anarch orders the Leviathan to attack them.

They fight Leviathan and are badly overmatched. Anarch looks on, amused. One of the team recalls that, in some myths, Leviathan would devour the souls of the damned - which suggests ‘the mouth of hell’ is *Leviathan's* mouth. One of them is brave enough to test this theory (I nominate Comet Kid) by leaping into the beast's mouth and disappearing. After a long enough moment for everyone to freak out, the beast's mouths glow and Comet Kid and a handful of Atlanteans emerge, one of whom is a regal woman. Anarch tries to flee but the team capture him and the regal woman reclaims her throne.

Turns out the ‘Mouth of Hell’ is a portal to the pocket dimension where the ancient Atlanteans sent their worst criminals. When a disaster befell the city, the Atlantean people were desperate enough to seek refuge in the pocket dimension. Unfortunately, due to their haste, they found themselves trapped there.

Anarch had hooked up with the other villain who knew the location of Atlantis and Anarch took them both there with stolen teleportation powers. He then either disposed of his partner, or his partner was overcome by the city's defences and left behind (depending which option you went with earlier) and Anarch took control of the city - and the Leviathan. He popped into the other dimension long enough to steal the Queen's powers over the city then returned (locking the door behind him, of course). He had the Leviathan attack London - the nearest in a long list of seats of authority he intended to destroy. But unfortunately he couldn't keep control of the Leviathan long enough (perhaps because a certain purity of heart and nobility was needed to control it? or perhaps just because it was never intended for offence) and it returned home.

The HA team return home, having made new Atlantean friends and the city resumes its crawl across the ocean floor.

Anarch can either be taken with the team, or given a taste of Atlantean justice and being thrown back into the Mouth of Hell.
irrevenant at 9:45PM, April 13, 2013
(online)
I rather like the idea of playing against type and making the Atlanteans *not* intrinsically aquatic. Instead they're isolationist pioneers who settled the sea bed using advanced steampunk technology - just because they could and to minimise interaction with other civilisations of the time. (Although in their mobile city they did trade with other civilisations occasionally, especially Ancient Greece before they got too annoying).

What I would *really* like to do is make the Atlanteans a colony of ancient Evosians who left Evos over cultural and political differences and made a new home on Earth.

Thing is, I'm not sure (a) If it would be okay to use the Evosians, and (b) If the average Evosian is too powerful for our purposes. We don't want a whole colony of Saroth-level characters rocking around but if they're a *bit* superhuman that would be appropriate.

{EDIT} Nepath gave permission to use the Evosians! Yay! \o/ He said that the Evosian royal family (The Highborn, Quinn, Saroth) had a special connection to the Energize. The average Evosian ranges in Super-humanness from human levels up to (very rarely) Exocet levels, so that's perfect. {/EDIT}

The Leviathan itself I'm very tempted to make a clockpunk automaton, though just how obvious that should be from the outside, I'm not sure.

P.S. Sorry for the double post - I'm not brave enough to face DD's editing system. :/
last edited on April 18, 2013 3:14PM
JimHarbor at 9:25PM, April 26, 2013
(online)
Hmmm, Nepath is active? I was asking about Evosians a while eariler and didnt get a repaly.
Odd…
irrevenant at 7:29PM, April 27, 2013
(online)
I dunno how active he is, but he did reply. I guess there's nothing wrong with posting the whole message - there's nothing too secret squirrel in it:
Nepathat 4:44AM, April 18, 2013
More than happy for you to go ahead with your idea.Quinn and Saroth were considered royalty and so that was why they had that connection to the Energize.Evosians had become superhuman to various degrees, some where up there with Exocet (although very few) others were on a par with humans. Choice is pretty much open to you really.In my mind, level of strength was determined by the intelligence of the character.Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply, very busy at the moment.Thanks

JimHarbor wrote:
Hmmm, Nepath is active? I was asking about Evosians a while eariler and didnt get a repaly.
Odd…
shastab24 at 6:07PM, May 17, 2013
(online)
II have been wondering why nobody has been contributing to my role-playing thread on the boards (besides the one post). Is it a lack of communication on my part or something like that? Of course, people could simply be busy with drawing their pages. But I can't keep it going without getting others' characters involved, and that either means writing for them or people jumping in to write their characters in. I prefer the latter, since it's why I started the thing.

On other story notes, I just wanted to touch base on what I wanted to get done: I have a small story featuring three HA members bouncing around in my head, as well as the vestigal ideas of one featuring four of them. Bigger stories I have been contemplating are the teens' day out I suggested before (I have some fun scenes envisioned for it) as well as how to finish Energize: Stormfront, which Nepath did say could be turned into a Heroes Alliance story (and I'd suggested it in part because great artwork put into it shouldn't go to waste, and the teaser of old Nemesis at the end of Hunted needs to fully pay off, as well as paying off the Saroth mini-series).

But the Stormfront thing could be a communal writing effort, too. Thing is, I have a specific idea how my characters could be used, but other characters are completely open to interpretation–and my characters would not be the ones to beat Stormfront (at least by themselves). If people are interested in boincing ideas around for such a thing, we can PQ each other, or find a better communication method (because PQs suck) that won't spoil for the others on here. I'd think such a story would be part of Season 2, of course, since Season 1 is all scheduled now, but it's one I feel needs to be told.
JimHarbor at 9:05PM, May 19, 2013
(online)
Odd, I just wanted to know a bit about Evosians to see if it would be in character for a Starcrossed style invasion of Earth.
irrevenant at 2:51AM, May 20, 2013
(online)
The page athttp://www.drunkduck.com/Energize/5087552/says "After a millennium of wars that saw the house of the Energize rise to power were able to enjoy generations of peace and tranquility“, so it would take a fair bit to rouse them to war. However it also says ”a time long ago, on a world so distant from me now“ so it's possible that, since then, the house of Energize has fallen and the Evosians have returned to their warlike ways (and Saroth was a soldier, so they obviously still had a military). Hmm, one wonders what terrible impact the Black Dawn had on the Energize entity might have had on The Highborn, too…
P.S. By ”Starcrossed" are you referring to the JLU storyline or something else?
JimHarbor wrote:
Odd, I just wanted to know a bit about Evosians to see if it would be in character for a Starcrossed style invasion of Earth.
JimHarbor at 6:54PM, May 20, 2013
(online)
Yeah the JLU one,
thought it'd be a nice story given Exocet and Wireless.

Though given how sparse things are…
I mean I've written basically all the stories I think I could ever do for the HUniverse. so all that's left is to devlop them you know?
irrevenant at 4:07PM, May 23, 2013
(online)
Story concept: The Unformed

One day, millions of alien pods drop from the sky. They initially do nothing except passively resist attempts to move or destroy them. But they are recording the thoughts and desires of those around them and, around a week later, they take on the forum and abilities of whatever the person they locked onto has most been thinking about.

The story possibilities of this are obvious: results can vary from beneficial to awkward to devastating depending on what people have been thinking about.

I haven't decided on an origin or intended purpose for the pod drop. I suspect that is best left open from be addressed in future adventures. It could be anything from a gift to an experiment to precursor to an invasion.
ironhand at 6:13AM, Sept. 29, 2014
(offline)
Standalone Story: Dreamspace

The team are contacted by a wealthy Doctor (of sorts) who explains he has several patients who have been dreaming the exact same dreams, and are somehow getting wounds without touch (he believes it to be their dreams.) The only way to save the patients is for the team to enter the dream themselves…this opens up some pretty awesome visuals as we play with panels and backgrounds and alsorts. The team confront the problem within the dream, saving the patients and waking everyone up. I have in mind a new twist-ending that I won't share here just so it doesn't spoil the ending.
As I'm pretty busy working on New Guard and already some elements in the Series finale andSeries 2, I may not be able to write this story…hence why I'm posting it here. If anyone wants to have a go at writing it, please do contact me first and ask as I still might be able to write the issue myself.
cdmalcolm1 at 7:17AM, Nov. 17, 2014
(online)
ironhand wrote: Standalone Story: Dreamspace

The team are contacted by a wealthy Doctor (of sorts) who explains he has several patients who have been dreaming the exact same dreams, and are somehow getting wounds without touch (he believes it to be their dreams.) The only way to save the patients is for the team to enter the dream themselves…this opens up some pretty awesome visuals as we play with panels and backgrounds and alsorts. The team confront the problem within the dream, saving the patients and waking everyone up. I have in mind a new twist-ending that I won't share here just so it doesn't spoil the ending.**As I'm pretty busy working on New Guard and already some elements in the Series finale andSeries 2, I may not be able to write this story…hence why I'm posting it here. If anyone wants to have a go at writing it, please do contact me first and ask as I still might be able to write the issue myself.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Question: how do you want to have it written? I was going to start it in the patients Dream. Make it start out looking normal so that the reader thinks it's real. Half way through kill off a major character. That would have the reader like “for real?”. Just a thought. I would go crazy and make it look like life changing plot in the dream world. Something to keep the reader on edge.
ironhand at 9:59AM, Nov. 17, 2014
(offline)
cdmalcolm1 wrote:
ironhand wrote:
Standalone Story: Dreamspace

The team are contacted by a wealthy Doctor (of sorts) who explains he has several patients who have been dreaming the exact same dreams, and are somehow getting wounds without touch (he believes it to be their dreams.) The only way to save the patients is for the team to enter the dream themselves…this opens up some pretty awesome visuals as we play with panels and backgrounds and alsorts. The team confront the problem within the dream, saving the patients and waking everyone up. I have in mind a new twist-ending that I won't share here just so it doesn't spoil the ending.
As I'm pretty busy working on New Guard and already some elements in the Series finale andSeries 2, I may not be able to write this story…hence why I'm posting it here. If anyone wants to have a go at writing it, please do contact me first and ask as I still might be able to write the issue myself.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Question: how do you want to have it written? I was going to start it in the patients Dream. Make it start out looking normal so that the reader thinks it's real. Half way through kill off a major character. That would have the reader like “for real?”. Just a thought. I would go crazy and make it look like life changing plot in the dream world. Something to keep the reader on edge.
I imagined it as quite a straight-forward story that is more about the visuals than the other way around this time. So most likely lay the cards on the table rather than confusing the audience at the beginning. If I were writing: i'd have the team enter, find out what's being going off with their patients and then enter the dreamspace, solve whatevers going on in there, slightly-twist ending, then end the story. Are you interested in taking this up as a script, then? If so, I could run you by more focussed parts of the story rather than just the brief here.
cdmalcolm1 at 10:04AM, Nov. 17, 2014
(online)
irrevenant wrote: Story concept: The UnformedOne day, millions of alien pods drop from the sky. They initially do nothing except passively resist attempts to move or destroy them. But they are recording the thoughts and desires of those around them and, around a week later, they take on the forum and abilities of whatever the person they locked onto has most been thinking about.The story possibilities of this are obvious: results can vary from beneficial to awkward to devastating depending on what people have been thinking about.I haven't decided on an origin or intended purpose for the pod drop. I suspect that is best left open from be addressed in future adventures. It could be anything from a gift to an experiment to precursor to an invasion.

I love this invasion Idea. What I would tell would be that after the defeat of most pod people, that is if they pose a threat, was to keep a few a live. Why would I do that? Just imagine a carbon copy of you hero and they so rightfully desire the passion as your hero. I would love to read that issue. Plus, I would make the pod ppl a mirror opposite as far as looks goes. Or imagine that your Heroes copy want to retire and be their own person? Or they just become a bad version of your hero.

Like you said, many opportunities.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon