HA Stories

Stories & Storylines
Abt_Nihil at 8:48AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Sebastian_Sandberg
Relik sabotaging a mission and yet try to keep him away from the villain role could be tricky. The simplest solution in my opinion is to follow the story centered from his point of view. That being said, I draw a blank on what kind of sabotage he would agree to do, so we'll have to think about that as well.
I probably shouldn't have used the word “sabotage”. It would be a “sabotage” from Bombshell's point of view only. There would be no “damage” to anyone whatsoever. It's more like: Relik would lead the mission to a successful completion, but by defying Bombshell.

The rest… sounds good :-)

And I always think of my best moments as disguised “talking heads” moments. That is, many of my comics have a tendency to be centered around monologues or dialogues. However, I've been trying to disguise this fact more or less succesfully, by embedding these “talking heads” scenes into some sort of action. I'd encourage you to do the same… or you just write something up and we can see what can be done with it.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:16AM
Sebastian_Sandberg at 11:00AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Then we're still on the same page, because I interpreted sabotage in a non-violent manner as well.
SympleSymon at 9:54AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
Sabotage? Wha-wha-wha-WHAAAAT?!

*reads through the posts in question rather than starting from Page 6*

Oh… Hmm, I'd be done for that. And I wouldn't mind if Relik was viewed as the villain, if only for that short duration as long as

A) His motives are made clear, and remain true to his character. He's already agreed to somewhat spy on Bombshell for the Commander, so agreeing to follow the Commander's request if it helps prove that Bombshell is acting suspiciously with the group or seemingly growing out of control, or if it's for the good of the team, the safety of others… there's plenty of reasons he'd agree.

B) I'd need to be closely involved with this development - it's not that I don't trust any of you to handle it, but in the end, when all's said and done, it's me who is left to pick-up his reputation. And I'd rather it be left in as close to one piece as possible. Like I said before, I have no qualms for his “get the job done no matter the cost if it means saving countless lives” approach making him some enemies in the HA for a short while, and possibly even incurring some long-term simmering contempt. But please, I don't want us to reach an impasse where we either have to write him out of the HA altogether or not write the story at all. Neither results would be good, I'm sure you'll agree.

So, to reiterate, Relik is NOT a villain. He would just do as theh Commander requested if he weighed-up the situation and felt that Bombshell was already jeopardizing the mission by refusing to do it the Commander's way, or something like that. As long as you make his heartfelt motivation clear, we should be okay.

Okay… So ‘Villains Unite’ is the Season 1 finale? Where does that leave ‘Psychosis Wave’? I'm writing it now, but if you don't want two stories from me in the same season, I'll put it on hold and work on VU and it's tie-in bits in other chapters.

Dave
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
Abt_Nihil at 11:34AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(offline)
Dave, don't worry - anything involving Relik will also involve you in planning. I was just tossing a quite vague idea around. And this idea certainly doesn't involve Relik being the villain. Morally, I see Relik as a more positive figure than Bombshell - pretty much like the Superman/Batman dynamic.

As for Psychosis Wave / Villains Unite: Well, it depends. I'd like either to be done right, and I wouldn't want them too closely together - probably at least a year apart. They'd both involve a lot of characters and probably a lot of fights between many of these. They would both be chapters on a pretty grand scale. And given the fact that we'll already have a “big” chapter for mid-season (The HU/HA cross-over), Psychosis Wave seems the better choice for a season finale for now. But that also depends on the nature of the other chapters inbetween, which we haven't planned yet.
LuchaCoffee at 10:09AM, Nov. 13, 2010
(online)
Hero

(6)
- What happens?
A Captain Planet type Hero takes a little too much initiative and starts trashing companies and manufacturing plants that aren't completely eco-friendly. He tries to join their team saying he's doing exactly as they are taking initiative and going where the H.U. can't. H.A.'s all like “Dude, no. That's stupid.” and chase him off. They track his location with their bad mofo detective skills or a tracker or something and find him at his next target to deal with him. Maybe we find out that the big bad was using him to laser target companies he needed taken out for whatever reason, probably because they're manufacturing stuff that poses a threat or that he wants people to buy from him.
- Who is involved and why?
H.A's team at the time. Especially anyone who's powers aren't 100% Eco-Friendly. The Ecomancer/Ecotist/Enviroman/Earth Guy who is wrecking places.
- What's the point?
To introduce a counterpoint/reflection to the H.A.'s primary argument by adding in a “We're not so different, you and I” person who by assuming his own moral superiority over the law makes the team and by proxy, the reader question the morallity of H.A.'s own action, providing a thoroughly ambiguous late 90's style ending.

I can imagine how the Audition would be.

Eco-Guy: So what do you think?

Bombshell: Ok…Mister…?

Eco-guy: *Does over the top pose( ALA Superman) ECO GUY!!!
Bombshell: *Rubbing her forehead* Right right…Eco…I don't think we are going to need you for this…mostly because… You suck :P

I actually even designed a look for him cause I was bored

I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Abt_Nihil at 3:47PM, Nov. 13, 2010
(offline)
Hah! I'd love me a good Captain Planet parody! :D
LuchaCoffee at 9:51PM, Nov. 13, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
Hah! I'd love me a good Captain Planet parody! :D

It lends so well to parody :D

I have been going through most of the stories and been sketching stuff for fun such as a pod alien design or a hideous Brain Slug Emperor, just to pass the time at work, once I get them scanned, I will post them up here.

Abt_Nihil at 3:07AM, Nov. 15, 2010
(offline)
Cool. Those will come in handy!
Hero at 7:16AM, Nov. 18, 2010
(online)
Oh, hey. That's great. I can use that. Mind if I make some minute changes to suit my purposes, though?
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
LuchaCoffee at 9:22AM, Nov. 18, 2010
(online)
Hero
Oh, hey. That's great. I can use that. Mind if I make some minute changes to suit my purposes, though?

Of course :)

I also posted up some pod alien designs as well on the villains thread.

SympleSymon at 11:14AM, Nov. 26, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
Dave, don't worry - anything involving Relik will also involve you in planning. I was just tossing a quite vague idea around. And this idea certainly doesn't involve Relik being the villain. Morally, I see Relik as a more positive figure than Bombshell - pretty much like the Superman/Batman dynamic.

Got ya… Long as it all works out, I'm willing to see what that path takes us. And as for Relik being in the Superman/Batman dynamic? It was pretty much what I was aiming at - an alien with superpowers but also human and moralistic, who will do whatever it takes to get the best outcome without endangering too many lives.

Abt_Nihil
As for Psychosis Wave / Villains Unite: Well, it depends. I'd like either to be done right, and I wouldn't want them too closely together - probably at least a year apart. They'd both involve a lot of characters and probably a lot of fights between many of these. They would both be chapters on a pretty grand scale. And given the fact that we'll already have a “big” chapter for mid-season (The HU/HA cross-over), Psychosis Wave seems the better choice for a season finale for now. But that also depends on the nature of the other chapters inbetween, which we haven't planned yet.

Fair enough - just a quick question I've paused the writing process on the ‘PW’ script for (other than working on my NaNoWriMo project): By the time the Psychosis Wave story rolls around, will the readers know that the HU Commander has asked Relik to secretly watch over Bombshell?

Dave
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

Abt_Nihil at 3:56PM, Nov. 26, 2010
(offline)
SympleSymon
NaNoWriMo
Wha…? @_@

SympleSymon
By the time the Psychosis Wave story rolls around, will the readers know that the HU Commander has asked Relik to secretly watch over Bombshell?
Frankly, I haven't decided yet. It is sort of implied in HA #3, but not spelled out, so readers won't really know. I probably can't answer that question before scripting the HU/HA cross-over. But one thing's for sure: Whatever happens, once PW rolls around, Relik won't answer to the HU Commander any longer.
SympleSymon at 11:35AM, Nov. 29, 2010
(online)
NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. I'm writing a 50k novel by the end of November. Only 6,400 left to go!

Relik in PW - Dammit, okay I'll rewrite it. Just need to find another reason for Relik to be off his game now… Shouldn't be too hard, lol.

Macattack at 6:25PM, Nov. 29, 2010
(offline)
SympleSymon
NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. I'm writing a 50k novel by the end of November. Only 6,400 left to go!

That is sweet. I'm still trying to publish my 70k some novel (waiting on the cover art) but that took me years to write
LuchaCoffee at 10:03AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
I thought up another story idea, bringing up not only silver age greatness but also the great old Sci-Fi's :)

Story: A Russian Scientist who after being scorned and rebuked by all the major science communities on his theory of reversing evolution decides to create a machine that can turn people into animals, and we get.. Animal Heroes :D. But that's not all the campiness I can provide folks, check out our brilliant villain :D

Professor Grigori Novaschenovski, a man with the body of Yeti, using the creatures power and strength with the use of his mad yet brillant mind, he will bring the world to its knees and defeat those who mocked him.

What do you think?

Abt_Nihil at 2:56PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
sux
What do you think?
I'm thinking: OMG YES!!! :D
Josh Holley at 10:24PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
Sweet Jesus in a Can! If this storyline ever happens, I want in SOOOOO bad =P Nice work, Sux!
LuchaCoffee at 12:18AM, Dec. 18, 2010
(online)
Thanks, I thought we needed some crazy campy stuff :D

Wes_Nero123 at 8:16AM, Dec. 18, 2010
(offline)
Wow I love the idea! Seems like something straight outta the silver age!
LuchaCoffee at 9:38PM, Dec. 18, 2010
(online)
Wes_Nero123
Wow I love the idea! Seems like something straight outta the silver age!

Thanks Wes, I do have a soft spot for the Silver Age :D

Sebastian_Sandberg at 2:33PM, Dec. 28, 2010
(offline)
Been a while since I posted here, but here goes:

I have a soft spot for the Silver Age as well. Not necessarily for all the weirdness, but the sheer idealism of the era is certainly a big part of why I am the way I am today. Love the Captain Planet parody. Although I don't agree that Captain Planet has story value as nothing but a parody, I'm not opposed to the idea. ^^ Looking forward to the wackiness of Grigori in a future chapter. XD

So the season finale shall be the Psychosis Wave then. Just for the record, I definately want in on that finale. Book ends to the season and all that. ^^
Abt_Nihil at 5:40AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
Sebastian_Sandberg
I have a soft spot for the Silver Age as well. Not necessarily for all the weirdness, but the sheer idealism of the era is certainly a big part of why I am the way I am today. Love the Captain Planet parody. Although I don't agree that Captain Planet has story value as nothing but a parody, I'm not opposed to the idea. ^^ Looking forward to the wackiness of Grigori in a future chapter. XD
My thoughts are similar. I do see potential in the Captain Planet parody, but I wouldn't want to make it nothing more than a parody. We probably should develop this idea after we've covered some ground on the chapters currently in development.

Sebastian_Sandberg
So the season finale shall be the Psychosis Wave then. Just for the record, I definately want in on that finale. Book ends to the season and all that. ^^
Please define “wanting in” :D
Sebastian_Sandberg at 10:40AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
What I meant was that Captain Planet, while anvilicious, certainly had some great points. But yeah, I can subscribe to your thoughts as well, Abt.

Same as it was when I got into this mess in the first place. (Note, it's a joke!) XD Co-writing, plot coordination, whatever is required.
Hero at 4:44PM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
Well, I've kinda got designs on him, that was one of my ideas I really wanted to write myself. And, I think I've settled on the Ecotist. He's not strictly parody. i mean, it's a nice basis for comparison and maybe a couple of jokes, but he is most definitely intended to be a different character and will be regarded as such in said story.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
LuchaCoffee at 10:56PM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
Hero
Well, I've kinda got designs on him, that was one of my ideas I really wanted to write myself. And, I think I've settled on the Ecotist. He's not strictly parody. i mean, it's a nice basis for comparison and maybe a couple of jokes, but he is most definitely intended to be a different character and will be regarded as such in said story.

I personally can't wait to see what could be made from this character :)

Abt_Nihil at 3:11AM, Jan. 2, 2011
(offline)
Yup, that's cool. You've been contributing to HU/HA for so long, it's time you wrote a chapter ^_^ Keep us posted.
Macattack at 2:44PM, Jan. 8, 2011
(offline)
Hey all.

I had an idea for Wireless a while ago but it would probably be well over a year before it could fit into that story arch so I was curious if you were interested in it.

PLOT:

His son killed after being drafted into a war; his wife murdered after stumbling into a fight between two drunks. One man decided to take action to try and create world peace. He noticed that too many innocent lives are dragged into battles so instead he began kidnapping those who actually would start the fights and have them battle to the death once and for all on his island fortress. Because of this, heroes and super villains find themselves gassed and brought to this island where they are forced to work together in order to escape this eccentric billionaire's unique system of justice.

Anyways, as you can see the plot still needs a bit of work but I do like the idea of heroes being forced to work with their nemesis' in order to save both their lives… Any thoughts?
Abt_Nihil at 10:56AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
…as you can see the plot still needs a bit of work but I do like the idea of heroes being forced to work with their nemesis' in order to save both their lives… Any thoughts?
Generally, I do like the idea too. We've just done the “being kidnapped and forced to fight each other” storyline though. So if we were to make this one, we should rather concentrate on the two other aspects, that is the “heroes working together with villains” part and the guy trying to bring about world-peace by somehow opposing both heroes and villains.

And coincidentally, this goes rather well with something I've been thinking about during the past few days. After HU disbands, there will have to be some sort of new metahuman order. I don't know what Nepath will leave us with specifically, but just in case, I tried to think about what Bombshell would do in the aftermath… and my best guess is she would invite everyone to a round table, including super villains. The “heroes”/“villains” distinction is a remnant of superhero comics' early days, and while revisiting it is fun, many villains which have been working particularly well are those which work as anti-heroes. Which have a sort of noble or tragic motivation, but the circumstances turn them into villains. If we are a bit more realistic about it, there are probably hundreds of “super-villains” in the HUniverse who aren't rotten to the core, but who are the metahuman equivalent of petty thieves or thugs, or who are on the wrong side of the law because of a misunderstanding, or unfortunate circumstances.

Of course, this would be distinct from a “cold-blooded killers, megalomaniacal sociopaths etc. work together with heroes” concept. I guess there's room for both.

Just some thoughts…
Macattack at 3:13PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)

Generally, I do like the idea too. We've just done the “being kidnapped and forced to fight each other” storyline though.

aye. That was one of the reasons I was reluctant to give it. I just thought the idea of a common enemy forcing nemesis' to join together. (An old storyline but a good one)

I do agree that the “Super Hero and Super Villain” persona has been generalized to death. I mean the “I'm a bad guy… because I'm evil” is one of the stereotypes I've personally been trying to change a bit in Wireless. As long as Bombshell would work hard to keep honor and public safety in mind when hiring anti heroes (I know several anti heroes just tend to be kill everything in sight and then pick up their bounty) I'm pretty sure Wireless' character would believe in giving villains a chance instead of just locking them up till they break out again
Abt_Nihil at 4:50AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
As long as Bombshell would work hard to keep honor and public safety in mind when hiring anti heroes (I know several anti heroes just tend to be kill everything in sight and then pick up their bounty) I'm pretty sure Wireless' character would believe in giving villains a chance instead of just locking them up till they break out again
She wouldn't hire them the way Norman Osborne formed his Dark Avengers team, I can say that much :D

Actually, I wasn't thinking about “hiring” at all. One of the things I've been trying to set up is that HA is less centralized and hierarchical than HU. If a huge number of heroes (and possibly, former or potential villains) were invited, the result would probably be more like a network with independent “cells”. Sadly, this sort of thing is used by terrorists most efficiently. But there are some NGOs which resemble this structure, and that is what I would be aiming for. My impression of HU was that it was bureaucratic and at times paramilitary (that was my approach when writing chapters of HU, at least). In classic superhero teams, positions would be decided by functions - meaning, if a team member had a power or attribute which qualified them for a certain case, they had a more central role in the team, no matter their “rank”. In that sense, I'd be happy to see changing “hierarchies” and different teams in future HA stories.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon