HA Town Hall

Writers, please sign up here!
Abt_Nihil at 3:56AM, Nov. 27, 2011
(offline)
Byth1, DevanMuse: Thanks, I've added you to the list(s)!
Phantom64: Thanks! I've added you to our artists and writers lists, and Iron Violet on the team building thread. I don't think there's anything in HA continuity that strictly excludes your superhero teams. We can discuss this in stories/storylines.
last edited on Nov. 27, 2011 4:04AM
Escutcheon at 1:02PM, May 2, 2012
(online)
I think I may be interested in moonlighting as a writer if you would like, either solo or as a team-up, I love to develop characters and have epic storylines. I tend to work by the rule of 3- 3 pages per tone change. These changes can be small, or they can be large, but that's really my rule of thumb- isn't an iron rule by any means, but that's just a part of my style.
Abt_Nihil at 4:41AM, May 6, 2012
(offline)
Thanks, you're on the list!

Just a general reminder: The biggest chance to write a story for HA is still to submit an idea in the storylines thread and then turn it into a script.
ironhand at 3:27AM, June 15, 2012
(offline)
I'd love to help on the writing-front. I've mentioned a storyline idea over on the storyline-thread and if at all/ever possible I'd love to get to work on something like that.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Abt_Nihil at 2:44PM, June 15, 2012
(offline)
Cool! You're on the list.
Koikoi at 11:51AM, Aug. 6, 2012
(online)
I'd love to do some writing too
SalviB at 4:07PM, Aug. 6, 2012
(online)
more than interested to write… check out my bio for more info
Eric_blitz at 11:39AM, Aug. 17, 2012
(online)
The only thing I love more than drawing comics is writing comics!
I'm so in!
The only thing I wanna say is, I would really rather work on half - full issues, because I'm a very tactful writer. I like adding subplots along the main storyline and watching them progress and crossover.
I've alreayd thrown my idea in the ring over on the storyline thread and honestly could not be more excited to start writing that!
“Say Jar-Jar Binks is an abomination! Say it!”
——————————————————
Check Out My DeviantArt Account!: http://blitz-77.deviantart.com/
mind_reader at 3:49AM, Sept. 29, 2012
(online)
I've been away for a while, but I've caught up with my reading on every in the HUniverse, so count me back in for writing - I have some ideas already about things I could maybe write again - I'll scribble some down and report back.
JimHarbor at 8:50AM, Feb. 5, 2013
(online)
I stand here amongst constrcuters of tales with previus repute and I would ask should a composer of narrative and prose be required, thank the name of Jim Harbor be called upon.
irrevenant at 7:55PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(online)
Is there a particular script format to be used?
And do you still take those little standalone stories featuring new characters (like Fighter and Kat) or is it all big stuff now?
Thanks.
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Thanks, you're on the list!
Just a general reminder: The biggest chance to write a story for HA is still to submit an idea in the storylines thread and then turn it into a script.
Abt_Nihil at 6:07AM, Feb. 10, 2013
(offline)
Regarding script format, I think there are two basic, reasonable options:

“Full script”

Page number X

Panel 1
Description of what happens in panel 1
Character Y: “Dialogue of character Y”
Character Z: “Dialogue of character Z”
Sound FX (if applicable): “…”

Panel 2
Description… etc.

Page number X+1
Repeat schema above.

“The Marvel way”

Page(s) number X (or several)
Description of what has to happen on this page, potentially bits of necessary dialogue - but leaving details up to the artist.
Scripts should also include lists of characters and locations. If applicable, it would also be good to include a link to the forum thread for the story, where references can be found.

Personally, my preferred file formats are pdf and doc.

Regarding shorter, standalone stories - somehow, it's never come to pass, but yes, I'd encourage these. But! I'd really prefer team-ups to solo stories. Like, throw two characters from the HUniverse together into a short, snappy story. Brave and the Bold style.
last edited on Feb. 10, 2013 6:24AM
JimHarbor at 7:41PM, Feb. 10, 2013
(online)
Yes if you scroll down you'll see the “Hero Feature Presents…” thread that Abt an I came up with for just that purpose.
irrevenant at 3:34AM, Feb. 25, 2013
(online)
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Regarding shorter, standalone stories - somehow, it's never come to pass, but yes, I'd encourage these. But! I'd really prefer team-ups to solo stories. Like, throw two characters from the HUniverse together into a short, snappy story. Brave and the Bold style.
The whole “Brave and the Bold”/“Hero Features presents” thing sounds like a great way to get my feet wet (which is half the point by the sounds).

So is the idea that I draft up a script and send it directly to you? Or do I run it by the community first somehow?

Apologies for all the dopey questions. Actually, the submission process might be worth throwing up on the wiki…
last edited on Feb. 25, 2013 3:39AM
Abt_Nihil at 8:49AM, Feb. 25, 2013
(offline)
irrevenant wrote:
Abt_Nihil wrote:
The whole “Brave and the Bold”/“Hero Features presents” thing sounds like a great way to get my feet wet (which is half the point by the sounds).

So is the idea that I draft up a script and send it directly to you? Or do I run it by the community first somehow?

Apologies for all the dopey questions. Actually, the submission process might be worth throwing up on the wiki…
Good point! I think the best way to handle this would be to write an outline of the story first, specify which characters are used and how, how many pages you're aiming for and anything else you find important. That can be posted in the stories thread, free for anyone to comment - I think that form of (potentially getting) feedback is great to check whether the story would work in principle. Then you can write a script and send it to anyone it concerns (likely me and the characters' creators) for final edits/fixes.
DarioCOMICS at 12:23AM, May 27, 2014
(online)
well im signing up here too as Writer /Artist!
irrevenant at 12:46AM, June 5, 2014
(online)
Welcome aboard here too. :D
Story ideas can be posted at http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/13076/ .
I must admit, I'm not entirely sure how the actual script-writing magic happens, though. xD
DarioCOMICS wrote:
well im signing up here too as Writer /Artist!
ironhand at 10:32AM, June 5, 2014
(offline)
The script writing is generally done through suggesting an idea and then literally writing the issue, as far as I know. Obviously the idea may need to be fleshed out a little before getting to the script, but usually most things get the green light. However, as we're nearing the end of series 1 it may be best to hold off a little while until we've got a plot set out for where we want to take Season 2.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
irrevenant at 4:08PM, June 8, 2014
(online)
Have a look at this thread too:http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/176107/
We're looking at doing some short one-off stories to slot into the chapter breaks. They can be things like asides, character vignettes, historical stories etc. that aren't tied to the current season's stories.
ironhand wrote:
The script writing is generally done through suggesting an idea and then literally writing the issue, as far as I know. Obviously the idea may need to be fleshed out a little before getting to the script, but usually most things get the green light. However, as we're nearing the end of series 1 it may be best to hold off a little while until we've got a plot set out for where we want to take Season 2.
irrevenant at 7:19PM, Nov. 14, 2014
(online)
Just realised I never outright said “Please put me on the list of people interested in writing for HA”.

Please put me on the list of people interested in writing for HA. :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon