The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

AGENCY
harkovast at 5:15PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
While we enjoyed the art, we were largely disappointed by this one.
We felt Jedianne should use her talents to create something with original characters in a more focused story.

But what did you fine folks think?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
JediAnn Solo at 6:44PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(offline)
I'm quite disappointed with a few points, but I can't blame you guys for it– just myself. I mean, the comic is still WAAAY too young. I shouldn't have asked for a review this early. It's not finished! Of course the subplots don't tie together– it's just getting started! Eventually, things DO get to a point.

About the characters being copyrighted, I really hope that people look beyond that. One of my goals with the comic is for a reader to see familiar faces (usually from their childhood) and witness a whole different side of them now that they're put into an adult situation.

I'm still thankful that you didn't turn me down and all– and I'm sure I'll gain a reader or two from this (if they don't come so highly opinionated after that review). I'm hurt, but that was all my doing.

Oh, and the sound effects are a dear and stupidly executed homage to one of my favorite webcomics. They make it sound better than I do, though.
Canuovea at 1:16AM, Aug. 28, 2010
(online)
I quite liked it. Then again, I didn't recognize many of the characters (I got the PP of course, Fox, and Sandy, I think that's about it. Oh, and the pokemon thing). I found it somewhat refreshing though, the art was good, and the story doesn't lean too heavily on making sure people actually know who the characters are (which is important for me), essentially I ignored that it was a fanfic. But I could definitely see the PP as a detective (ironically). This is one I may return to check on it's progress in the future.

The pacing… Well, I'm usually very lax in general (why I can't do reviewing) but it was slow at some points. It still worked out for me though.

There were points where I found things jumping around a bit, but this was forgivable. To me anyway, as it was generally explained well enough following the jump. Still, most of the transitions were good. Yeah. I'm done…
Larry at 12:54PM, Aug. 28, 2010
(offline)
and the story doesn't lean too heavily on making sure people actually know who the characters are

To me, therein lies one of my issues with the comic. No character is who they are supposed to be. Which makes me ask why use those characters at all then?
harkovast at 6:30PM, Aug. 28, 2010
(online)
Jediann we were hard on your comic, but quite positive about you.
I referred to your “considerable talents” at one point.
I think you should take away a lot of encouragement that we think you have so much ability.

Using other peoples characters just seems to limit your comic, making it “only” a fan comic.

If you made your own animal characters (and you are clearly able; you already gave them new personalities and back stories!) then you could make something really unique that can stand up on its own as your own creation, rather then leaning on other creators talents like a crutch.

Byth1 at 8:43PM, Aug. 28, 2010
(online)
I liked the comic in the beginning but kinda stopped reading it as time went on(except for the occasional look.), but all of what you said about it is true. The pacing is off and the plot kinda fades after the beginning. I like the art though.
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
harkovast at 2:49AM, Aug. 29, 2010
(online)
Byth that was definitely our experience.
Putting aside the fact its a fan comic, the start is really interesting and cleverly presented.
But after that, the comic seems to lose its way and never really get it back.

I Am The 1337 Master at 9:59AM, Sept. 3, 2010
(offline)
Give Agency some time and it'll be AMAZING.

:D

And give Hark a run for his money.
Will he admit that?
harkovast at 1:48PM, Sept. 3, 2010
(online)
1337 she is already trying to take MY furry award!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon