The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Anatta
ifelldownthestairs at 7:37PM, Aug. 19, 2010
(online)
We loved this comic, particularly for its well thought-out story, and how provocative and stimulating the subject matter is. What do you guys think?
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
Canuovea at 4:25PM, Aug. 21, 2010
(online)
I essentially agree entirely.

So… it is true that there is less chatter over something good than something bad. Shame. It's kinda ironic too, this is the kind of comic that deserves chatter. Which side are you on? The side for more deregulation of body switching or the opposite? Why? What's your opinion?

This comic should be sparking discussion in this forum; instead of being completely dead.
Larry at 7:38PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
They key to getting people to talk about your comic is:

1) Draw tons of boobs everywhere.
2) Throw a fit when you get a review that you asked for.
Larry at 8:28PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
Having just finished up the archives I have to say this comic is really amazing.

It questions identity and as the review said, has overtones of paranoia. It's weird but after reading something this engaging and realizing it's a webcomic it makes you realize how shallow most all other webcomics are as a whole.
Kroatz at 12:34PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Yeah, although none of the issues brought up in Anatta will ever be real it still makes you think. I myself am quite an anti body-swap kinda guy, since this would still be a way for the rich to easily exploit the poor. It would be a cheap way of getting out of deseases and it might be used as a terrorist attack, making every connected person go out of their bodies and not allowing them to return.

One thing I didn't like about the comic is the stereotypical realtion between father and daughter, that has been used too many times in both comics and other media.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
Canuovea at 12:06AM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
I'm not particularly for body swapping myself, but in a world where it is possible it should be allowed… if heavily and properly regulated. But that isn't likely, is it? Barring a magical pixie world where everyone is competent and nice.

As someone who sometimes behaves in a paranoid fashion… well, not knowing if who you see is actually who you think they are would drive me crazy. What if my arch enemy took over my friend's body to get close to me and kill me? Okay, I'm not quite that bad, but still, who, is who, is who? Creepy, intriguing, and worrying all at once. It is a world worth being paranoid in.

Also, I didn't mind the whole “relationship with the father” thing, I suspect it needs to be explored more before deciding if it actually works to the comic's benefit.
harkovast at 3:04AM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
Larry makes a godo point.
After reading Anatta, you should get an insight into why so many of our reviews seem negative.
Webcomics are capable of being a fantastic medium and there is no reason for us to set our sights low or accept substandard work.

As for body swapping, being Kev for a week was okay, but the fumes from his hair spray started to make me feel dizzy after a while, so it was good and bad.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon