The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Plural Bonerage
ifelldownthestairs at 10:06PM, Aug. 10, 2010
(online)
Hopefully you all enjoyed Plural Bonerage as much as Hark and I did! What did you guys think?
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
Plague Doctor at 4:33AM, Aug. 11, 2010
(offline)
I just glanced threw it,and not to sound rude or anything,but were you guys being sarcastic?I mean the womens name is Larra Jiggles and the mouse shoves his head in her breasts right in the first page she appears.
Idk,after the review I felt I was linked to a totaly different comic
harkovast at 5:05AM, Aug. 11, 2010
(online)
Plague doctor I think you are missing the point a bit with that scene.
If you read on a few pages you start to realise the impact of Man Mouses actions.
Yes, if it was just played straight or for a cheap laugh I would agree.
But here it is being presented as a deconstruction of these tpes of actiosn and attitudes. The consequences of what happens there continues to have a knock on affect throughout the rest of the comic.
I can't speak for Kev, but personally I found the page you are refering to very moving.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
confusedsoul at 7:03AM, Aug. 11, 2010
(offline)
I have to agree with Hark and Kev's review, I was very surprised by the amount of attention to detail with the worlds setting and I thought the topics were handled very sensitively. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't moved by the quality of the comic.

If I have a criticism though, it's that sometimes the messages the artist/writer are trying to get across can come off as being very ambiguous, for example in this strip-http://www.drunkduck.com/Plural_Bonerage/index.php?p=725363

I understand that in the post apocalyptic world this story seems to be based in that morality is a questionable and as with all good fiction you cannot seperate it into black and white morality, but I was left feeling confused. Although Laura reaches a conclusion that she seems happy with it was through coercion, so was Lance acting as an authors mouthpiece or is it some form of pseudo moral, set up to be deconstructed once the story continues? Will Laura immediately change her mind?

But I suppose making you think about it so much is the sign of a great comic, one not afraid to make the readers question their own sentiments.

Prototype at 11:22AM, Aug. 11, 2010
(online)
I found myself drowning in the absolutely breathtaking artwork. Every panel is full of detail and capture the mood of the comic perfectly. The dominant use of black & white only further cements the idea that there is only right or wrong, nothing in between.

My wife left me yesterday by the way. I think she may have read “Plural Bonerage” and decided that her life with me just wasn't good enough. I, wasn't good enough. I suppose she decided to leave in pursuit of something better, more genuine. I had to let her go. Out of the window.
elektro at 3:27PM, Aug. 11, 2010
(offline)
Plural Bonerage is, quite honestly, the greatest comic, nay, work of art, ever made. It stands up to the works of Charles Vess, Will Eisner, Harvey Pekar, and Bill Watterson in every single way. Maybe, it even surpasses them, it is that good.

Now, at first you may think that it is a really shitty webcomic that someone made in five seconds with horrible, sub-preschooler art and some of the worst jokes in the history of webcomicdom, but that's what the creator wants you to think. No, there is something deeper going on in this comic that words cannot even describe how awesome it is.

Take this comic, for instance. This comic must be saying that we are leaving the natural world behind due to the advancements of the information age, and we leave artifacts behind in the form of bad pixelization. Thus, the world as we know it in the past is lost. Truly deep stuff here. Socrates would be pleased.

The writing is top-notch. The subtleties that make up the comic's story would rival that of Ernest Hemingway or Emily Dickinson. This, my friends, is what poetry would look like in comic form. When the female character Laura is introduced, at first it appears as though she's the token female. But, when her backstory is introduced on the next page, she becomes a more interesting and fleshed-out character, and the drama that ensues is the stuff of legends.

Then, there's the comic where Man Mouse discovers Lance and Laura together. In any other comic, this scene would come off as a cheap, poorly drawn joke that would be only funny to an immature nine-year-old who thinks the word “penis” is the funniest word known to man, but Plural Bonerage defies all expectations. We see on this page a work of great drama, and the pathos that now exists between the two friends may cause turmoil down the road.

Now, of course, a work with this kind of daring new approach to comics is bound to have some critics, so our dear author maturely responds to such criticisms with dignity and class. Clearly, we should be in awe of the humility the author has on display here. He is clearly a person we should live up to, and raise our children to be like.

Yes, Plural Bonerage is the greatest comic ever made, and I cannot sing its praises enough. Everyone should go check it out, and…oh, who am I kidding? I can't keep up this charade any longer.

This comic has to be the absolute WORST comic I have ever read, and I've read a lot of shitty comics before. The art is terrible, the jokes aren't funny, the “plot” is stupid, the characters are nearly non-existent, and the author strikes me as a dick who can't take criticism at all. And yet, this comic is strangely fascinating in how bad it is. I couldn't help but read the whole archive when this review was put up. It's like an Ed Wood movie or the suicide video of Budd Dwyer in that it is horrible to watch, yet you can't look away from it. This webcomic sucks.
Byth1 at 6:35PM, Aug. 11, 2010
(online)
I didn't care for the comic. I mean, from the story I couldn't understand to the over-sexualization of the female character to the art(I'm usually forgiving with art but I found my limit) I can't find anything I like in the comic. I have to agree with elektro, this comic is the worst I've ever read. I'm also on the fence on whether Hark and Kev are being sarcastic.
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
Larry at 9:37PM, Aug. 11, 2010
(offline)
This comic is brilliant. It may not be the best comic I've read, and it's certainly not my favorite but this is really brilliant.

I'm not really certain if it's so bad that it's actually good or if it's actually a great commentary on how stupid and terrible most webcomics are played straight. I wouldn't even be surprised if this fuzzy interpretation we have of it, and the review is on purpose.
Canuovea at 9:51PM, Aug. 11, 2010
(online)
Let me say this. If Hark and Kev were being sarcastic then I didn't notice at first, and only began to once I read a little… And yes, I finished it, some part of me hoping that Hark and Kev were right…

Well. If Hark and Kev were not being sarcastic then… I just don't know. I really don't. The only thing good I can say is that it didn't take too long to read through and so didn't waste too much of my precious time… aw who am I kidding? My time is almost worthless at the moment, I have nothing to do other than this! But, this comic was probably more worthless than my time.

So, congrats guys, if you were being sarcastic then you got me. Bravo. If not… I'll have to read every single comic you guys hate, and never read one you like ever again.

And PS: You know the reactions to a crisis? Personal or not? Rage, Denial, Acceptance (or something)? Well, it is quite possible that Hark and Kev are both in the Denial stage. “It… can't be that bad. In fact, it must be great!” Or “Maybe, maybe we are wrong, maybe we don't really hate most of these comics! Maybe this one is great too!”
elektro at 10:23PM, Aug. 11, 2010
(offline)
I think Hark and Kev were being sarcastic. How could I tell? Kev liked Hark's pun at the end. That never, ever happens. Ever.
Kroatz at 5:52AM, Aug. 12, 2010
(online)
The best part of the entire comic was the ‘Fanart’ that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual comic. It was just a girl lying naked with a random penis attached. And later she was joined by another freak of nature that decided to drop a load in her mouth.

Yum.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
DuckInspector at 10:08AM, Aug. 12, 2010
(offline)
Kroatz
The best part of the entire comic was the ‘Fanart’ that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual comic. It was just a girl lying naked with a random penis attached. And later she was joined by another freak of nature that decided to drop a load in her mouth.

That image is forever burned into my memory…never to be forgotten much to my disdain and horror…I cry myself to sleep some nights…
RPGgrenade at 1:42PM, Aug. 12, 2010
(online)
DuckInspector
Kroatz

That image is forever burned into my memory…never to be forgotten much to my disdain and horror…I cry myself to sleep some nights…
I agree, and in accordance to the actual comic

wtf…..

That is all

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
BffSatan at 7:02PM, Aug. 13, 2010
(online)
I kinda thought that the comic was deliberately bad and that was why you were being sarcastic, but I never guessed that you guys were behind it. My mind has been blown.
Kroatz at 5:16PM, Aug. 20, 2010
(online)
Don't anyone be messing with the BONERAGE!

- Albert Einstein
Lance Voyeur at 3:45AM, Aug. 21, 2010
(offline)
1st of all I want to thank Hark and the other guy for giveing me such a great review. It makes me so pissed off when people dont get what I'm trying to say with my art and you guys obviously get it and I really appreciate that you get it.

Confusedsoul I think you hit the nail on the head accept its not so much post apocaliptyc as it is post morality. It's not questionable at all, though… Laura learns what is right because Lance was smart enough to tell her the right thing the right way, and just like Adam and Eve the man taught the woman the right thing. I'm glad I made you really think about something, it's amazing what you can come up with like that!

Prototype no worries U just gotta get out there and make it happen bro. Get yourself another babe and maybe make a comic like mine LOL you'll be kickin but in no time :)

But some of U guys like elektro, what the hell! I thought U were being cool with my comic and liked my work but I read some more and you were being sarcastic! What the fuck kind of thing is that to do to somebody who works so hard on there work and you just talk shit on there work like that. Your fucked up man.

@Kroats: oh come on bro don't pretend like U didn't like that LOL
Plague Doctor at 9:06AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
Lance Voyeur
1st of all I want to thank Hark and the other guy for giveing me such a great review. It makes me so pissed off when people dont get what I'm trying to say with my art and you guys obviously get it and I really appreciate that you get it.

Confusedsoul I think you hit the nail on the head accept its not so much post apocaliptyc as it is post morality. It's not questionable at all, though… Laura learns what is right because Lance was smart enough to tell her the right thing the right way, and just like Adam and Eve the man taught the woman the right thing. I'm glad I made you really think about something, it's amazing what you can come up with like that!

Prototype no worries U just gotta get out there and make it happen bro. Get yourself another babe and maybe make a comic like mine LOL you'll be kickin but in no time :)

But some of U guys like elektro, what the hell! I thought U were being cool with my comic and liked my work but I read some more and you were being sarcastic! What the fuck kind of thing is that to do to somebody who works so hard on there work and you just talk shit on there work like that. Your fucked up man.

…um,dude…nevermind
Kroatz at 12:39PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Lance Voyeur
What the FUCK is a motherFUCKing Kroats? That doesn't even mean anything! How can you misspell KROATZ?!?!?!?!!!?!?!!!

Fuck you Lance, you just ruined my day. I'm gonna commit suicide now because of you.

- Albert Einstein
harkovast at 1:22PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Lance resently sent me the following PQ regarding our review of Plural Bonerage-

Lance_Voyeur
I just wanted to say that I read you and that other guy's “review”.

At first I thought you were really cool but after I read it for the 12th time I read it and then knew that you were making fun of me! What kind of assholes do that to somebody like that?? I mean seriously your a total jerk. And that other guy too. Your art is shit and you're stories suck. His stories are even worse! At least he's american though, I read in your profile that your from Scotland or some stupid shit. We saved your ass in world war 2, just so you can talk shit about our comics. Fuck you.

So go ahead with your dumb little review comic because your ass holes and one day its gonna catch up to you and when I die Ill be in heaven dining with the Gods and you and him will be in hell getting buttfucked for being such mean losers.
Think about that!

Peace,

Lance

Chernobog at 10:08PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(offline)
Wow… just… wow.

huh!?

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
Byth1 at 10:21PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Lance_Voyeur
I just wanted to say that I read you and that other guy's “review”.

At first I thought you were really cool but after I read it for the 12th time I read it and then knew that you were making fun of me! What kind of assholes do that to somebody like that?? I mean seriously your a total jerk. And that other guy too. Your art is shit and you're stories suck. His stories are even worse! At least he's american though, I read in your profile that your from Scotland or some stupid shit. We saved your ass in world war 2, just so you can talk shit about our comics. Fuck you.

So go ahead with your dumb little review comic because your ass holes and one day its gonna catch up to you and when I die Ill be in heaven dining with the Gods and you and him will be in hell getting buttfucked for being such mean losers.
Think about that!

Peace,

Lance

Please tell me this guy isn't real and is just a sick joke Hark and Kev are doing. Cause how can any living being be such a…never mind.
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
harkovast at 7:23AM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
Byth1, I've seen worse reactions to reviews then that!
Remember Ed contradictory? Or Mob Ties?
Lance's rants are mild by comparisson!

Plague Doctor at 1:10PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(offline)
Did I gave it away?I didn't wanna mention anything,poor chap seemed so happy =(
Chin up Lance,I see the post apocalyptic bible metaphore you are trying to achieve and the important peace message you are sending the world.
It takes an inteligent person to look beneath MS Paint scribbles to truly coprehend the complexity of this masterpiece

Lance,the modern day Michelangelo,alas,a misunderstood genious,a tragic soul

BffSatan at 10:34PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
Plural Bonerage is pure genius and Lance is a martyr for his cause.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon