The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Bruzela Proyect
ifelldownthestairs at 5:03PM, June 10, 2010
(online)
Yet again, we hated this one. As Hark put it, to sexism what Good Guy is to racism. But what did you think?
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
Wordweaver_three at 11:11PM, June 10, 2010
(online)
???

What the hell is going on in this comic? Yer right, the colored pages looked great, but I still can't figure out what's happening. It's like if the Twilight Zone and Saturday Night Live had an illegitimate child who in turn bore a child for Nacho Libre.

Maybe I'm too gringo.
DrLuck at 11:47PM, June 10, 2010
(online)
Not really on topic, but is it possible you guys could link to the sign-up thread? I wanted to see the list of the upcoming comics you guys are reviewing, but I can never seem to find it.
ifelldownthestairs at 12:33AM, June 11, 2010
(online)
i never wanted to say anything about it wordweaver, but… you are so gringo that… that… that you can't even appreciate a great comic like this! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??

haha nacho libre eeeewwwwww

alright fine, drluck. if you REALLY want a link to the sign-up thread so that you can see a list of upcoming comics when it's such a beautiful day outside, well.. it's your life.

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=236&tid=50007&p=4
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
BffSatan at 2:26AM, June 11, 2010
(online)
ifelldownthestairs
alright fine, drluck. if you REALLY want a link to the sign-up thread so that you can see a list of upcoming comics when it's such a beautiful day outside, well.. it's your life.

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=236 I pretty much have no idea what's going on it aside from some girl is really horny and wants sex. *shrugs shoulders*
Genejoke at 4:44AM, June 11, 2010
(online)
Now I know why it takes you so long to get through these reviews… You guys are heroes for ploughing through that shit. I try to be kind about things but that was dire, I managed five pages and could bear no more. Any more and I would have been reaching for the shotgun.
stinger9 at 9:31AM, June 11, 2010
(offline)
Genejoke
Now I know why it takes you so long to get through these reviews… You guys are heroes for ploughing through that shit. I try to be kind about things but that was dire, I managed five pages and could bear no more. Any more and I would have been reaching for the shotgun.
Only 5 pages? But that means you missed the profound line:
Page 6
“Fuck off Nein, you lack more on sex than me.”
Seriously though, the whole thing just seems to revolve around sex, video games and profanity. The author is 30 according to their profile, which just seems weird, since it reads more like it was written by a sexually repressed teenager. I think there was something about vampires in there somewhere, but after about ten pages I just started skipping through the pages, so I have no idea. Things do seem to get better later on (Most of the weird stuff about lesbian vampires seems to be early on) and the art isn't really all that bad. The chat speak is pretty grating too. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't hear people actually say LOLWTFBRBFUCKINGVAMPIRES very often.
I think that about sums it up. I was actually going back and reading through it as I was typing this, and I still have no idea what any of it was about. Some of the stuff just seems to come out of nowhere and contribute in no way. I've got it open on a page right now where there is a shot of what appears to be Duke Nukem in the panel. It doesn't do anything, it's just… there…

On the plus side, it's still not the worst comic out there, and it might be bearable if the writing was just a little better. Also a couple of the pages were a somewhat funny.

All in all, it's pretty damn bad, but it's not so bad that it couldn't possibly be rescued. It just that those early pages are only mildly better than Sonichu IMO, and early pages are generally the ones that count.

I just hope the next comic on yer list is better, I hate not being able to think of good things to say about a comic.
Salsa at 9:39PM, June 11, 2010
(offline)
After reading this review I was curious to see if it was as bad as you guys said it was. My God it's actually WORSE! There's a girl with no pants in the middle of a city for no reason. Then there's the dialog, which is bad as bad if not worse than you described it. The art in the section you linked is decent, but I can't tell much of a difference in the art between the first and last pages other than he must have gotten a tablet or something and is using the computer to draw the pages.

There are several things I'm surprised you didn't mention. The second page of the Flashforward section has (drowning) as a sound effect for a person drowning. There is a point when the author uses Times New Roman, FUCKING TIMES NEW ROMAN! Now why the hell would ANYONE use Times New Roman as a comic font is BEYOND mind boggling! There are many sites that offer free comic fonts and Comic Sans comes on just about every computer produced. Then he uses bullet points, GODDAMN FUCKING BULLET POINTS! He even has the gall to use these instead of speech balloons. I only read five pages and I can whip out five pages like that in fifteen minutes. I only read four pages and looked at five. This comic is so bad that the only way to redeem it is throw it into the darkest pit of Hell and start over.

And for any one who knows me knows that I am not prone to the overuse of foul language. It's just that bad.
RAGE!
Chernobog at 11:24PM, June 11, 2010
(offline)
In fairness, I like to use NTRoman for tinier sound effects. But I prefer using somewhat wilder fonts for each character, so I think there's contrast to be had at the very least. Not that I'm excusing anything here. I tried reading a few pages but I couldn't get the proverbial foothold.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
harkovast at 7:44AM, June 12, 2010
(online)
We don't like try to just be jerks to people on the WCRC(W) but we also call it how we see it.
The latest set of comics have just not been good enough!
There have been a few okay but flawed comics and a huge run of terrible ones.

Can next week redeem things?
Or will me and Kev be fighting with some of you guys for who gets first turn with the shotgun?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
BffSatan at 3:33AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
harkovast
Can next week redeem things?
Or will me and Kev be fighting with some of you guys for who gets first turn with the shotgun?
Just so you know I changed the combination to the gun safe. There won't be any suiciding for either of you until you've finished reviewing the entire list.
harkovast at 10:16AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
awwwww man!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
stinger9 at 12:26PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
Don't worry, BffSatan forgot about the Knives, Nooses, and Hemlock safes! Although here's hoping you two won't need them!
Salsa at 6:47PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
harkovast

Shotgun? I'm gonna use the main guns on the Missouri to take them out.
RAGE!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon