The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Hanged Doll
ifelldownthestairs at 6:51PM, April 2, 2010
(online)
We were impressed by the art and layouts, but totally alienated by the bad translation and jumbled story. Thoughts?
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
RPGgrenade at 7:42PM, April 2, 2010
(online)
I had a different opinion on the story XD to be honest, i've seen so many confusing stories like that it wasn't too hard to sort it all out, which is probably why i liked it more.. but seriously… the scrolling… I literally never STOPPED scrolling down, i could actually read everything from scrolling down constantly at high speeds..
and yeah, the translation really took out the drama from it, and if it was more organized story, and had darker lighting, i think i would've been left with my mouth open and in a fetal position from the pure…. epicness.. oh, and it I didn't need to scroll down ALL the time..

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
harkovast at 2:23AM, April 3, 2010
(online)
RPGgrenade, there is a lot of talent on show with this comic, which just serves to make the areas where talent is totally lacking even more apparent.
If the artist could be paired up with someone more skilled at story telling, could make something amazing, but pretty pictures alone are not enough for a comic.
And the scrolling….damn I hate the scrolling down!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon