The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Stickman and Cube
harkovast at 5:07PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(online)
Not too impressed with this one, but if you are a fan, here is the place to complain about it!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
Nerd Fury at 6:40PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(online)
Well, since you game me permission to complain about it…..

Look, I personally have to disagree with your review on this one. Heck, I have to strongly disagree. I really like Stickman and Cube. It has a simple and loveable quirkiness to me. Sure, it doesn't focus much on punchlines, but I personally don't see anything wrong with that. The subject matter is funny enough to me. Anyway, that's just my opinion (and, from what I've seen, the opinion of many others).
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:11PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(online)
I personally like it. I'm amazed that your guys' favorite page was that one. Also I think Hark is just upset that a stick figure outlasted him in Fightsplosion X3

ifelldownthestairs at 7:16AM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
I wouldn't hold that past Hark, he's very sensitive about stuff like that…

Now I'm not going to deny Stickman and Cube's charm, I won't even call it an especially bad comic. The characters have a dialogue that seems like it could be funny, but where are the jokes? It reminds me of stuff like Aqua Teen, except ATHF gags make far better use of the environments and situations than this comic does, and more importantly while it's still very offbeat, there's more often than not a conclusion to the jokes, no matter how left field. Stickman and Cube never feels like it has that conclusion.

“What's going on? This is a strange scenario!”

“It sure is.”

“Seriously, it's strange.”

It never feels like it gets past that stage. Quirkiness I'll give you, potential even more so; but I just can't get into it as is.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon