Hall of Shame

Erlkonigvinz vs Harkovast
harkovast at 10:50AM, Jan. 5, 2011
(online)
I don't know who erlkonigvinz is, but he read one of my bad reviews and deiced he had to take up the battle against Harko-crap!

erlkonigvinz said…
Some things just need harsh criticism.
Some things just need a good verbal hangin'.
I'd say this is definitely one of those webcomics that deserves a hemp necktie. It's so bland it wouldn't even qualify itself for Entartete Kunst.
For such works, civility is a wasted effort. Nothing else will jar the creator enough to improve his work.
I would compare the feeling to, say, Avatar, which was some of the most horrible and unrealistic writing of the past decade, but continually gets free passes because it was so dang pretty. But for one who has seen true unblemished beauty, the falsity of the world of Pandora is glaring. And even muted, it is enough to constantly remind you how bad and nonsensical the story itself is. And no criticism is enough to improve the work because it simply isn't savage enough.
This comic suffers from the same problem, a paint-by-numbers mess of a plot done by someone whom is colourblind. He will not realise what he cannot see without a good rogering.

(The best part of this review, other than going off on a tangent about Avatar, was the use of the phrase “A good rogering”. Readers outside the UK may not be familiar with this phrase but I can say for certain that it does NOT mean what this reviewer thinks it means. Unless this rule 34 coming into effect!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:15AM
Canuovea at 5:59PM, Jan. 5, 2011
(online)
See, I don't know what either rule 34 means (though I have heard of it, recently) or a good rogering means.

I do agree that Avatar was crap though.

Still, comparing Harkovast to Avatar is a bit insane. Aside from the part that it looks good though I suppose. I mean, the pencil colouring has gotten better when it was good to begin with.
But, yeah, Avatar was a cut and paste story. I don't see Harkovast as a cut and paste story. Aside from, you know, there being some kind of big mean bad guy out for world domination, but that pops up everywhere and Harkovast seems to use it more as a backdrop than anything else at the moment.

I also find it kinda funny how some people start going off on the plot of a story (or how it isn't understandable etc) before the plot has really developed. That's like saying a baby looks ugly and will always be ugly at age 2. The reverse is true too though. Something can have promise and screw up later.
harkovast at 6:51PM, Jan. 5, 2011
(online)
Rule 34 of the internet-
There is ponr of it. No exceptions.

To invoke that rule suggests something has sexual connotations.

To give some one a good rogering means to have sex with them.

For example “She needs a good rogering!” said Hark in one of his classic sexist comments.

This reviewer is saying the only way this comic will improve is through someone having sex with its creator.
This is why you should learn what phrases mean before you start dropping them into conversation to try to sound clever!

dwrean at 1:34PM, Jan. 10, 2011
(online)
i think this guy just watched avatar and hasnt gotten off of it since. i guess he really needs to vent his frustrations, like i did in the forums.
harkovast at 5:09AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
If he really hates avatar, he would probably do well to click the link below-
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=54419&cid=4184&comic_id=31674

Hating Harkovast? He will be right at home in this section of the forum.

metabad at 6:30PM, Feb. 4, 2011
(offline)
I hate Harkovast because…um…Avatar sucks! Yeah I hate Avatar it's just REALLY awful, and that is why I hate Harkovast I guess…also a good rogering.

There, I summed up the review.

What do I win?
harkovast at 5:36AM, Feb. 6, 2011
(online)
I cant argue with this powerful logic.
1- This guy doesn't like Harkovast
2- This guy doesn't like Avatar
3- Avatar is shit.

Therefore-
Harkovast is shit.

How have I been so blind all these years?

Though the rogering part still confuses me…

metabad at 10:54PM, Feb. 6, 2011
(offline)
harkovast
I cant argue with this powerful logic.
1- This guy doesn't like Harkovast
2- This guy doesn't like Avatar
3- Avatar is shit.

Therefore-
Harkovast is shit.

How have I been so blind all these years?

Though the rogering part still confuses me…

Well, to be fair Avatar was made sometime after Harkovast.

So you couldn't have known until the movie came out.

The rogering part confuses everyone, I believe…or makes us laugh. Or creeped out? I don't know.
harkovast at 5:02PM, Feb. 20, 2011
(online)
James Cameron, you bastard!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon