Without Moonlight Chat

Well hello
Tantz_Aerine at 5:44AM, June 19, 2010
(online)
…and what shall we talk about? :lol: (testing a forum is so much fun)
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM
dueeast at 9:37PM, Aug. 15, 2010
(offline)
What things or events inspired you to write this comic?
Tantz_Aerine at 6:28AM, Sept. 13, 2010
(online)
Gosh, I only just noticed this post! I'm sorry!!

What inspired me? That is a long story, but to cut it short, it was the complete lack of attention to modern Greek history.

Internationally, our ancient Greek heritage is acclaimed and celebrated, but after Byzantium, our tracks seem to be lost in the ages and propaganda about who we AREN'T thrives (and has been thriving) with nobody that is supposed to (Foreign Affairs minister and the like) wanting to present us Hellenes as we really are.

That is not without reason, and we are not the only People suffering propaganda attacks on who they are as a whole, and whether they are supposed to feel pride about themselves Nation-wise or cherish their own cultural identities as well as recognizing the value of other ones or feel entitled to defending their rights and their Constitutional rules.

In Greece several of the things I am referring to are taught superficially and fleetingly, and our children are mainly taught to be ashamed of our culture- while not even given a chance to get to know of it.

We are told anything you can imagine- from being crass to being backwards, all without any real substantiation (as all black propaganda tends to be), but youth believe it and denounce what they do NOT know.

So now, with the invasion of the IMF, and the launching of black propaganda inside and outside of Greece, I felt I had to somehow show the truth. What I, as a Greek, have been brought up with, what I have come to know as my everyday life (code of behavior wise) and what Greeks are.

And what Ephialtes are, too. We aren't a perfect People and there are vices and most of all there are those who profess their Greek identity but do NOT honor it and are not actually Greek in their heart and soul.

And I want to show all that, as a personal tribute to all those heroes in my heritage who made it so that I still walk free and can claim my Human Rights as a Hellene :)

That's it more or less. I hope I didn't overwhelm you.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon