Scripts and signups

Issue 10 assignments, progress, script, and signups
shastab24 at 12:20AM, April 4, 2011
(online)
Green parts of the script are done (so delineated because I don't delineate pages or panels in my scripts and I want to show you the progress somehow).

Page assignments and progress:
Cover - Unassigned
Page 1-? - Unassigned

Script:

The Broken #10: Developing a Sense of Self Part 2: Meddling, Chapter 5: Legacy
By Ave Messer

Characters:
SPLIT: Link to bio. Doesn't have her costume yet
MRS. CROCHE: red hair, amicable demeanor, slightly plump figure
MR. CROCHE: black hair, moderately muscular

(Open to PROTEAN's dorm, dark, as SPLIT steps in)

SPLIT: Vince? (Sees that the room is empty and turns to go, seeing MRS. CROCHE in the doorway)

MRS. CROCHE: (Scrutinizing the room) Dark in here, isn't it?

SPLIT: (Nods) One of the guys who lives here is a vampire.

MRS. CROCHE: Yes, Grant told me about that.

SPLIT: (Perks up a little) Grant-that's Vince's brother. You know him?

MRS. CROCHE: (Smiles) I'm his mother.

SPLIT: (Blushes) I'm sorry, Mrs. Croche. Vince doesn't have many family pictures.

MRS. CROCHE: Ah, you must be… (Snaps her fingers, trailing off) Did he ever mention a name? (Back to full volume) Vince's friend.

SPLIT: Amber. (Extends her hand) It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Croche.

MRS. CROCHE: (Takes SPLIT's hand) Likewise. And it's Valerie.

SPLIT: So, uh, I was looking for Vince. You wouldn't happen to know where he is?

MRS. CROCHE: He's on a date.

SPLIT: (Looks down at her hands) Oh.

MRS. CROCHE: (Looks at SPLIT and motions to PROTEAN's bed) Come, sit. (They both sit on the bed) Did you know that Grant and Vince-they get their powers from their father? (Split shakes her head. Next bit should have appropriate flashback images) Back when I was in high school, I would see him around. He wasn't from my school, but he'd show up in town, bragging and boasting like he owned the place. I couldn't help but notice him. He was hot. I worked at a music store at that time, and he would always come in and be so nice to me. I would have asked him out, but it was obvious he was taken. Instead, I let myself just be his friend. I admired him from afar and saw him break up with and meet other girls, all who were jealous that he spent time with me. When senior year was starting to come to an end, he finally let me know how he felt about me, why he kept me as a friend though it meant sacrificing a dating life. When we were dating, he used to turn into a centaur and whisk me away to secluded spots, or become a winged horse and we'd fly through the sky. It was so romantic, and something he said he'd never done for any other girl. (We're back to the present. MRS. CROCHE puts her hand on SPLIT's shoulder) Vince is a lot like his father. He sometimes avoids what he is really feeling for fear of the consequences. But he always turns around.

SPLIT: That's nice. What happened to your husband? Vince doesn't talk about his dad.

MRS. CROCHE: (Looks down) Vince never knew him. The government recruited him shortly before Grant was born, and I only saw him sporadically for years after that. When I went into labor with Vince, I tried to get in contact with him, but I couldn't. I was later told he'd been killed in action overseas a week earlier.

SPLIT: (Looks away) Oh. That sucks.

MRS. CROCHE: (Pulls SPLIT close) Keep my boy safe. He shouldn't end up like his father.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon