The Forum Of Face Melting Awesomeness!

The Language Of The People - Formulating Words And Dialects
Faliat at 5:57PM, Jan. 17, 2011
(offline)
I'm sure the few people interested in this series so far are pretty pissed at how long it's taking me to get the ball rolling. And there's a reason for that.

I don't want to have worked on this for a number of years for it to be smashed into a paste of mediocrity. As they've gone by I've been gradually lying awake at night staring at the ceiling fishing for plot holes in my fleshy-tasting blancmange. But so far I've managed to not have as many of those recently. So I've been working more on world building.

And one of the best ways to do that is via language.

I'm currently compiling a dictionary of words, phrases and gestures for each relevant culture in the storyverse. Loosely basing them on existing languages of course, I'm not willing to do all THAT work. I have a life believe it or not!

I'll create a sticky on this forum with a collection of them that I will gradually add to over time.
They're not ESSENTIAL reads to follow the storyline, but it will allow you to get more out of a page even after having read it already and I just want there to be more to what I provide to this teeny tiny rock in the distance on the cultural landscape of the world. And dammit I WILL!!!
So wait a while longer and you may get a library of info you won't find useful in the current real world but may help out your descendants should they be part of this upcoming one.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon