Reviews

Thor's thundershack
Genejoke at 9:56AM, March 28, 2011
(online)
The first review, we are very much finding our feet with this one. Our as in we, we being myself and El cid. El cid who has done most of the hard work and helped shift what i thought this cshuld be, for the better.

Asspatting over.

We both really like the comic, something I don't imagine is going to happen that often.

So how much is our direct opinion and how much is character embellishment?
I can't speak for El cid but on my part it's 75/25.

h screw it that's enough for now, I may expand this later.

last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM
El Cid at 7:49PM, April 7, 2011
(online)
Ha, I was just thinking about how your review comic could use a forum! That way people can gripe at you for being such a meanie!

Guess I might as well add my own thoughts. The girls' opinions were pretty much 100 percent me; I didn't filter it at all. Overall I loved the comic. It's genuinely funny, it's delightfully bent, it's something I plan to continue reading even now that I no longer have to for the sake of writing a review. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

The only thing I was sort of “iffy” on was the length of some of the strips. They do get a bit long-winded at times. On the one hand, it smacks of hacky writing, like Bff's just stretching a scenario out trying to mine the thing for any laughs he can get out of it rather than writing tight concise jokes. But at the same time, I recognize what I'm witnessing is a departure from the traditional “Sunday funnies” comic strip template for something actually better suited to the webcomics medium and more resembling a sketch comedy show than the four-panel strips you'll find at the back of the Sunday newspaper. So that's not even a real complaint. This comic is just ahead of the curve.
Genejoke at 4:15PM, April 19, 2011
(online)
Yeah it was a nice start to the reviews, I know that not all are going to be fun to go through…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon