The stories.

Madam's night out
Genejoke at 12:09AM, April 19, 2011
(online)
Shastab24 sent me a few scripts and they all have something unique but I chose to do this as it was superhero like and I felt like doing something of that vein in daz studio.

It isn't the most complex story, in fact it is little more than and action scene but it's fun.

The characters are all public domain superheroes, something I wasn't really aware of before doing this. I looked into the characters and tweaked the looks a bit, partly because certain aspects were hard to pull off.

last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM
shastab24 at 3:43PM, April 21, 2011
(online)
I will add to this: I wrote the script for a group I belong to on DeviantART, and their asignment was to use public domain superheroes but not adapt them fom their original incarnation (I think this command was mainly for the artists in the group to keep the characters the same and therefore recognizable). I chose Madame Fatal because I love the character, and Captain Nazi because he's the perfect villain. Bulletman and Bulletgirl were put in because I realized there was no way Madame Fatal could possibly win a direct fight against Captain Nazi and I was doing a short script, so there couldn't be much else than a fight scene.

I do plan on going further with Madame Fatal stories, though, likely in the character meeting other public domain superheroes, like Daredevil and Wonder Man. The former would be a completely different tack than “Madame's Night Out” (I always had the “e” at the end of Madame, though the fluctuation with the name of the story mirrors the fluctuation of how Madame Fatal's name was spelled in the comics, I guess) and I just want to do something with the latter. Of course, these scripts have taken a back-burner as I write scripts for my own comic universe and keep hoping I can find artists.

Gosh darn it, I wish I could draw. It would make things a lot easier.
Genejoke at 11:50PM, April 21, 2011
(online)
You should try and draw, do something really short and simple.

shastab24 at 3:09PM, April 22, 2011
(online)
I've told myself I need to teach myself how to draw, but I'm focused so much on writing. I do want to draw the first issue of Karabear Comics Unlimited, as it is actually quite simple, but I should also just be trying to draw an assortment of things–whatever catches my eye. Only then can I get better.
shastab24 at 5:11PM, April 22, 2011
(online)
I'm not one that likes to double-post, but I wanted to say:

Madame's Night Out is now in print! Order Gold Comics #1 from IndyPlanet and get it, as well as three public domain superhero stories. It's $6.50 and 48 interior pages (that includes ads).

Even if you don't want to support me, buy it to support Genejoke, as half of the proceeds (after IndyPlanet's fee is extracted) goes to him.

If people can't tell, I'm excited about this.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon