Media Megaforum

Did anyone See the new Thundercats show
Newway12 at 7:39PM, July 30, 2011
(online)
I thought it was pretty awesome.

Hawk at 9:57AM, July 31, 2011
(online)
I only caught the last half of it.  But what I saw I was fairly impressed with.  The animation quality was pretty good, and though I was kind of lost on the story coming in halfway, it sounds like they put a lot more thought into it this time around.
The thing I didn't like about it as much was the voices.  They're sufficient, but they lacked something that the original voices had…  I don't know, maybe I'm just being too nostalgic.  But it broke my heart when Panthro spoke and it wasn't Earle Hyman.  I did like Claudius (the former Lion-O voice actor) and I think Snarf has the biggest voice improvement of them all.
I'm going to have to see if I can catch the episode in its entirety.  It probably won't be hard, Cartoon Network reruns their new shows OVER and OVER again.
Neilsama at 8:10PM, Aug. 1, 2011
(online)
The show was very technically impressive.  However, I predicted nearly every single thing that was going to happen.
DAJB at 4:09AM, Aug. 2, 2011
(online)
How does Clawdius have a tiger for a son?
Seems to me that Tygra and Lion-O can't really be brothers at all.  Maybe half-brothers at best.  I suspect Mrs Clawdius may have some questions she wants answered.
Genejoke at 9:07AM, Aug. 2, 2011
(online)
perhaps the whole cat breed thing is random…
Byth1 at 1:39AM, Aug. 12, 2011
(online)
Yeah I saw it. It was pretty good! Gives me something to look forward to on Cartoon Network.
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
VictoryPrime at 10:56PM, Aug. 12, 2011
(online)
greatest.show.ever.
DaWaterRat at 8:25AM, Aug. 15, 2011
(online)
DAJB wrote:
How does Clawdius have a tiger for a son?

Seems to me that Tygra and Lion-O can't really be brothers at all.  Maybe half-brothers at best.  I suspect Mrs Clawdius may have some questions she wants answered.
I read somewhere that Tygra was adopted, which also explains how he's older and yet can't inherit.
I'm enjoying it.  It's got enough to satisfy the nostalgia factor for me, and it updates the story fairly well, at least so far.  Certainly fixes a few plot holes from the original, but I'm sure there will be new ones. :)
Hawk at 12:33PM, Aug. 31, 2011
(online)
Now that I'm pretty much caught up on the show, I just wanted to say that I think it's pretty good.  The writing is better than I would expect for children's television and the art is fantastic.  Plus I'm starting to ease into the new voices a bit, and that used to be my biggest hangup.  I still miss Panthro's voice, though.  At least we got a samoflange joke.
One thing I find interesting is that the “lesson of the episode” still exists in the new show, only it's much less blunt and built into the epiosode's story a bit better.  Plus it feels like there's a richer, more realized backstory this time around, and I'm interested in learning more about it.
I'll definitely keep watching.
JazylH at 8:00AM, Oct. 7, 2011
(online)
I've been a fan of Tcats from the good ol' days. LOved the old series.
I think the new one is terrific. It has shaped out Awesome so far. I know alot of people complain about some fillers but I beleive every episode has a meaning & I've loved each & every one so far. :)

Updated Mondays & Fridays

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved