Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Totally New
2girls1comic at 6:35PM, Aug. 20, 2011
(online)
So I have been bugging a very talented friend of mine to start a webcomic. She finally relented but only under the condition that I upload the images and maintain the site.
But I have no idea what the heck I'm doing.
Any advice would be greatly welcome.
Genejoke at 11:05AM, Aug. 21, 2011
(online)
Assuming you want to use a hosting site like this one, then it is pretty straight forward.  
BUt having said that there are so many little thingd we take for granted that newbies have no idea about.
Page size, somewhere between 640 and 1000 pixels aide is best, this site will resize larger ones to 960 (or something like it)
The comic site, it is pretty simple here, once it is set up you can edit it a bit, better tools for this are coming.  we just don't know when,  
Updates, don't mass upload.  Well you can but people are more likely to miss it.  When you start have a few pages worth to upload straight away, enough to get people interested. then settle into a regular update schedule.  If there are loads of pages ready then perhaps do it daily, if not at a rate that the creator is comfortable with and can maintain.
Promotion, yep you need to let people know it is there.  Social networking sites may help, also sites like project wonderful.
Forums like this are also very useful, if people like you and what you say they will check out the comic.  but if all you have to say is “Hey, check out this comic!” they may not.
read other comics, comment and read the authors notes, you may find some interesting advice in those.
2girls1comic at 7:19PM, Aug. 26, 2011
(online)
That was extremely helpful. Thank you!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved