Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Pictures from the Wowio offices!
Ozoneocean at 5:25AM, Aug. 25, 2011
(online)
While I was over in the USA I visited the offices of Wowio- the people who own DD-and saw the offices there and spoke to the people! Here are some pics I took that I'm finally uploading.

This is Wowio!

Office recreation in times of stress… something they're having a lot of right now :(

Many, many, many monitors…

Not all the office space is their's now. These are Top Cow's cards bing assembled by interns…

Zac, master of graphic design, singing a copy of Archie for my friend

This is Zac's office. It's full of toys and cool things!

More of Zac's office. He did the graphic design for the DVD (covers) releases of Dune and many other high profile movie titles. Cowboys and aliens posters are prevelant too, think he might have done some of those as well.

This is Kinh. He's been our go-to guy at Wowio AND Platinum for YEARS! He was always there to sort out problems with DD and smooth the way between us and the corporate side… But because of the financial troubles he's had to finally quit (for now, he may return if things improve in future)

Reception! No one there…?

Kinh talking to my fiend Bianka in the waiting room of the Wowio offices just before he drove us to LAX.

I Am The 1337 Master at 5:33AM, Aug. 25, 2011
(offline)
where's the guy who did the colors?

I need to get his face so I can have him hunted down.
lothar at 7:18AM, Aug. 25, 2011
(offline)
“Reception! No one there…? ”

Hahahahahah !!!
ayesinback at 7:23AM, Aug. 25, 2011
(online)
Did you take the pix while everyone was at lunch? All that space and only two breathing bodies.

And is that their idea of the new Duck? instead of drunk he looked kinda commando. *funny*
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 8:48AM, Aug. 25, 2011
(online)
@Leet- that would be Zac… but I dunno. I think he came up with a broad scheme or maybe he only approved it. I'm pretty sure there was someone else who was mainly responsible for it, not just him.

@Lothar- haha, yeah that has the feel of the captions you used to get in old anime style RPG games ^_^

@Ayes- I'm not quite sure… It WAS around lunch time… There were some more people there too, they just didn't turn up in the pics.
Dan, the other programming guy was there, Lawrence was there, Brian Altounian who's the big cheese and head honcho showed up too (see him here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YmFOOtlkU), and there was a lady too… dunno what her job was, something administrative I think, but she WAS getting Lawrence lunch so there's our hint!

Plus, Kinh was on the floor bellow which was empty apart from him, the recreation stuff and Top Cow's supplies. The upper floor housed Lawrence and Zac and all the rest, that was a whole bunch of smaller offices so there were probably more people squirrelled away in those.

So there we have it!
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:50PM, Aug. 25, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Leet- that would be Zac… but I dunno. I think he came up with a broad scheme or maybe he only approved it. I'm pretty sure there was someone else who was mainly responsible for it, not just him.
I was teasing. :P
But yeah, cool pics.
skoolmunkee at 4:36PM, Aug. 25, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

I think Allan did the actual designs.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Chernobog at 5:33PM, Aug. 25, 2011
(offline)
Reminds me a lot of an artistic advertising office I used to clean for, if a little smaller. Seems like a tiny building there?

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
Ozoneocean at 1:41AM, Aug. 26, 2011
(online)
@Skool- yeah! That's right. It was Allan!

@Chern. Um I dunno… I only took pics of two offices and reception on the upper floor and the open plan space on the lower one where Kinh was Thee was a meeting room with a long table and other offices and such that I didn't take pics off. :)
Chernobog at 9:06AM, Aug. 26, 2011
(offline)
How am I supposed to plot my daring mid afternoon raid on the building if you cannot secure enough pictures of the premises?! This is unacceptable, Ozone.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
VegaX at 10:44AM, Aug. 26, 2011
(offline)
Interesting field report! :)

But what is the duck wearing on that picture?
It's an old Duck and Quail picture to begin with, but the clothes has been altered. Is that something that came from this site or did wowio do it for some reason?

last edited on Aug. 26, 2011 10:46AM
skoolmunkee at 12:07PM, Aug. 26, 2011
(offline)
It reminds me of the genre portal images they made. They only made two portals (horror and…. adventure or something?) but I think they did modify the duck and quail to fit the theme. So maybe it's art from that?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
AQua_ng at 6:18PM, Aug. 27, 2011
(offline)
Ozone, did you take any…“souvenirs” from your visit there?

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
Ozoneocean at 12:47AM, Aug. 28, 2011
(online)
@Veagx I think the costume had some “Matrix” thing happening with it, can't recall…
AQua_ng wrote:
Ozone, did you take any…“souvenirs” from your visit there?
Nope… Bianka got Zac to sign an Archie comic he did the cover for and I got some promo card stuff, but didn't steal any office things. :(

From last year I have some nice promo stuff though- a big aluminium water bottle, Frisbee, posters, T-shirt, and lanyard all with “Wowio” on them. some of that stuff looks pretty sweet! That was from the big yacht party last year.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon