HA Town Hall

Wanting to get more involved
KainKnine at 4:58AM, Aug. 28, 2011
(offline)
Hey all.
I don't post here much, but I think if I could find a way to get more involved I probably would post more.
Y'see, I want my character Kaine the Whiteshadow to appear in a story and be part of the Alliance, but I don't know how.
I would like to thank all the people who have drawn Kaine so far (fukujinzuke and sux), and I hope others like him enough to draw him too.
If anyone needs help with anything, I'll try my best to help. :)
fukujinzuke at 2:11PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(online)
You can volunteer to do page art for an upcoming issue or pitch a short story plot to Abt then write a script (probably 5 page minimum if you're tying Kaine into the HA universe via other HA heroes or villains) for it once approved.
Macattack at 8:44AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(offline)
You know, random idea I know, but I know that this worked for Deviant Universe. What if we held a once a month optional contest, just a one page fan art type of thing, based on the HUniverse. That way artists could have practice for when they draw, as well as giving everyone an optional, not forced, chance to get involved. I dunno, I'm just throwing an idea out there but what do you think?
Abt_Nihil at 5:43AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(offline)
KainKnine: What fukujinzuke said. Also, I think sux is working on a story featuring Kaine.
Macattack: That's a good idea! If you have some specific ideas, let's hear 'em ^_^
Macattack at 6:33AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(offline)
Okay… how about each month there are two consequtive contests that are actually the same contest in two forms. AKA art or writing. So for one month you can either draw a picture of your character for an introduction along with their colour swatches, or you can write a short speel about your character including their colour swatches (that way future people have something to turn to when drawing your character) Another month you Can draw your hero with their closest partners (or if they don't have any in their lair or such) or write about it. Another month you can have your hero fighting their ARCH nemesis. Everyone has a favourite. Include swatches. Or you can write about your nemesis. Powers? origins? etc? And just so on and so forth. If you turn the stories into jpegs like an artistic poem you can post them all on a webcomic on here. Or if you prefer you could make a dA group for it.
Abt_Nihil at 5:56AM, Sept. 3, 2011
(offline)
Sounds good… we can try and see how it goes. Actually, I'd suggest you do it, and I'll post it - would that be okay? (I need to concentrate in organizing and script-writing, especially since I probably won't have quite as much time in the near future as I used to.)
Macattack at 7:46AM, Sept. 3, 2011
(offline)
meh, that's okay. I know the feeling really. So how would we do it? A sister comic? the actual heroes alliance comic? an additional forum board?
Abt_Nihil at 3:33PM, Sept. 3, 2011
(offline)
I'm not sure… I could create a sub-page, where the entries are posted. This would be one click away from the HA site. Then again, you couldn't post comments there, which would definitely be helpful… so, just starting a new comic and linking it on HA would probably be the most reasonable thing to do.
Macattack at 5:19PM, Sept. 3, 2011
(offline)
aye aye. Well then, if it's okay with everyone else, I'll start up a new topic on this forum where I'll post the monthly challenges and people can ask questions, and then I'll start up a comic and… try and figure out how the assistants thing works so I can get you guys on there too
Abt_Nihil at 4:31AM, Sept. 4, 2011
(offline)
All right! I just saw that the new Duck actually allows you to have as many assistants as you like!
shastab24 at 3:03PM, Sept. 6, 2011
(online)
What is it that asisstants are able to do? Is it that they are able to upload pages and the like? I've just been wondering.
Macattack at 8:14PM, Sept. 6, 2011
(offline)
I've actually made the forum topic but for some reason it placed the topic under this one so it looks old. Anyways, I'll have a link to the actual comic when I start posting a title page in it and I decided to just have people send me links to images so I can just save the stress of having every contestent able to mess with the page. ENTER THE CONTEST!!! It'll never get easier than this month! One entry per person!
KainKnine at 4:18AM, Sept. 8, 2011
(offline)
That's Ok, but what I really want to know is can Kaine join the actual Heroes Alliance team?
Abt_Nihil at 9:28AM, Sept. 8, 2011
(offline)
Yes! :)
shastab24 at 11:08PM, Sept. 8, 2011
(online)
I'm toying how I could use him. I like cats. Look to if I get the round robin story started. It's likely Kaine will make at least a cameo appearance in the pages I would do. Of course, I have to finish my What You Believe pages first (I've put them off but will get back to them soon).
KainKnine at 4:29AM, Jan. 28, 2012
(offline)
Is there anything i can do to help? Sux did make me an origin comic and AzuJOD helped me write the story. Just looking to get involed and become one of the team.
Here is the origin story if anyone is interested.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/gore_luxoria/KaineOrigin.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/gore_luxoria/KaineOrigin2.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/gore_luxoria/KaineOriginfinalpage.jpg
Abt_Nihil at 7:13AM, Jan. 28, 2012
(offline)
Very nice! We could post this after the current chapter. However, the pages you linked to are pretty small, and I have trouble reading the text. Do you have larger versions? (Or maybe sux does?)
Also, Kaine will have a cameo appearance in HA #6, and I'd really like to see him appear in a bigger role.
SympleSymon at 6:27AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
Hey Kain, and welcome to the party!

You may not be aware of this, or have just forgotten, but Kaine the Whiteshadow (who is teh AWESOME) is going to star heavily in my HA Season 1 Finale, ‘Psychosis Wave’, and he is an absolute pleasure to write (I get to write superhero action AND martial arts AND Chinese proverbs/wisdom…perfect combo!).

For the purpose of the story so far, I have Kaine still in seclusion in his Chinese retreat when the Psychosis Wave hits, and its only his extremely focused mental conditioning he trained himself for to control the Tiger within that has made him able to withstand the signal's demands for murder. He realises something's wrong, that someone is trying to incite global terror, and sets out to help set things right. If you can wait until the finale goes live, I'm sure I can write in that his actions make him a great addtion to the HA team. But if you'd rather things went faster, I can edit it so that…

a) Someone from the current HA roster finds his retreat and coaxes him out of seclusion to join the team, and…

b) Instead of waiting til the season finale, I could have Kaine's scene added onto the end of the current story (or the next, depending on whatthe BigGuyssay), so that he may be included in the stories running up to the finale. But from what I've seen on here so far, the team-rosters for currently planned stories have already been sorted, so he may end up disappearing.

If you can wait for the finale, I can downright PROMISE you it will be epic - I can even send you what I've written so far, for your approval…?

Dave

EDIT - Reading your origins (the font is REALLY small in places, by the way), I can see you've come a long way from simply having Kain being captured by Russian scientists… you've added a whole fantasical magic to it. I was wondering how Lilith fitted in with a DNA-altered human, lol.

Not to worry! I can edit it and send you the goods ASAP
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
last edited on Feb. 3, 2012 6:33AM
LuchaCoffee at 7:04AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
Yeah sorry about the font size, i always have trouble with that stuff -_-*
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon