Hi guys,
I would like to make a group which discuss and
help each others comics. It is hard to get noticed in websites
especially this one. So if anyone wants to exchange comments please
write here :D
El Cid at 9:27AM, Aug. 30, 2011
(online)
A few suggestions for your comic:

#1) Give it a thumbnail image. People are much less likely to click on your comic if there's no preview of what it looks like. I know it's shallow, but it's the way people are. You have to grab their attention somehow.

#2) Change your rating to something other than E. T+ at the very least. Technically, I don't see anything in it that isn't just fine for an E rating, but a lot of people associate that with “kiddy” comics. This is unfortunate because your comic tackles some mature and introspective subject matter which would probably appeal more to an older audience, a lot of whom are just going to pass it up because of the rating.

#3) Lose the giant banner. A lot of people won't give a comic a chance if the banner is as big as the pages.

#4) Lose the giant watermark over all your pages. Who do you think you are, Michaelangelo or somebody? You're not. People aren't out to steal your artwork and if godforbid they did take some of it and post it somewhere, that's more publicity for you anyway. But putting a giant “I Don't Trust You” mark across all of your images not only disfigures your comic, but it also sends a very negative and offputting message to potential readers.
Picone87 at 9:33AM, Feb. 22, 2012
(online)
El Cid wrote:
A few suggestions for your comic:

#1) Give it a thumbnail image. People are much less likely to click on your comic if there's no preview of what it looks like. I know it's shallow, but it's the way people are. You have to grab their attention somehow.

#2) Change your rating to something other than E. T+ at the very least. Technically, I don't see anything in it that isn't just fine for an E rating, but a lot of people associate that with “kiddy” comics. This is unfortunate because your comic tackles some mature and introspective subject matter which would probably appeal more to an older audience, a lot of whom are just going to pass it up because of the rating.

#3) Lose the giant banner. A lot of people won't give a comic a chance if the banner is as big as the pages.

#4) Lose the giant watermark over all your pages. Who do you think you are, Michaelangelo or somebody? You're not. People aren't out to steal your artwork and if godforbid they did take some of it and post it somewhere, that's more publicity for you anyway. But putting a giant “I Don't Trust You” mark across all of your images not only disfigures your comic, but it also sends a very negative and offputting message to potential readers.

I agree with this except number 2 and here's why:
your rating depends on your brand family friendly strips get more attention then ones for teens or adults. You see most readers of webcomics are family people, Moms,dads,children,etc. If you're doing a comic that doesn't deserve the rating T you're hurting your viewer potential
Now for number 4 he's right about the watermark(Though a little crude he's right) ,However there's a difference between a water mark and your site stamp. Put your website in the corner under one of the panels. Do Not! I repeat Do Not! under any circumstance put anything across your comic. People posting your comic on there site is one of the best ways to get traffic if in anyway you block them from that you're losing a ton of viewers you could have.

WhiteMaze at 9:35AM, June 9, 2012
(online)
These are some good tips.
SLK8ne at 10:42PM, Sept. 14, 2012
(online)
@SageNITO
Hi, I jus started my first comic up. http://www.drunkduck.com/The_After/
And I agree on the banner and the watermark. A bit distracting. Other than that, I like your comic. Good use of perspective. :)
Dizz at 4:17AM, June 27, 2013
(offline)
Hey… this is my absolute first time ever posting on this site.
As a matter of fact, I hadn't even heard there was a place like this, until about 10 minutes ago. After searching around for a bit, I found this thread, and wanted to get some feedback about my newly formed comic. It's about a friend and I, and not really aimed in any direction. But more of a joke a week deal until we can get the hang of it.
http://www.1d4rounds.com/index.html
This is the home page. Take a look around and let me know what you think.
I want honest feedback here. And I wont take offense if we are doing something blatantly wrong, or if my art needs work… because like i said… we are so noobish, its ludicrous.
Thanks for taking time out of your day to just eyeball it, and if you reply to this, know I will be unbelievably greatful.
Thanks,
Deece (Artist for 1d4Rounds) 
ATBL at 7:37PM, July 9, 2013
(online)
El Cid- I gotta say that I strongly agree with your #4 suggestion about watermarks. I used to put watermarks on a lot of my stuff and then I realized how bad it made it look. It was a horrible distraction. I never did it to my comics, though. Just regular art. Although anyone who steals or rips off the work of another person should be SHOT, and I don't want to defend them in any way, I feel that a  creator shouldn't be too worried about someone stealing their idea becuase that creator should have 20 more even better ideas ready to go. Yeah, that's a bit of an over-generalization, but you get the idea. Plus, technically speaking, just putting the image online grants you a level of copyright protection in and of itself. Yes, bad people might just steal your image anyways, but if they really wanted to steal a watermarked image, they will find a way to do that, too. And who knows, if someone DOES steal your image, the controversy behind the situation might actually help your own work.
Just my two cents on that….

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved