Help, Support and Suggestions

Layout Problems...Nothing Saves!!
swoobie at 5:07PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I'm just trying to alter a few things on my layout (background, bold text, link colors…etc.).  When I make changes and hit the “save” button (after each change), I'll refresh the page and all of my changes disappear!  It reverts back to the default page like nothing has been touched.
What am I doing wrong here?  How can I get my changes to stick?
Thanks for your help on this guys/gals!
JillyFoo at 5:10PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
The exact same story with me. It's been three weeks and it still doesn't work on any of the browsers I use.
swoobie at 7:11PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
hmmm.  I've tried Firefox and Safari on Mac OSX and Explorer on Windows XP…still hasn't worked.  Have been trying for only a day or so though.  I'll keep trying and see if it eventually works.  Will let you know if it does.
In the meantiime, check out the comic cover (un-editied page layout) below and let me know what you think!
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_True_Masters_Chronicles_Volume_I__Light_vs_Shadow/5355778/
skoolmunkee at 1:19AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
Unfortunately Wowio isn't currently able to work on any bug fixing (and haven't since mid-August). The best I can suggest is to download Chrome and use that. I don't think anyone has reported layot editor problems with Chrome, while firefox causes the most problems. Sorry, not a very satisfying solution, but the only one we've got right now.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
ozoneocean at 2:30AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
Well I edited your page using Firefox and it worked fine for me…

Maybe you could give me a description of the look you want and I'll do it for you?

Or else you could try deleting your cookies in Firefox and then reloading the page before attempting this again. To do that go to “tools” then “clear history” and then make sure you tick and untick the stuff you want to clear and not want to clear before clicking the “clear now” button.

…Are you sure you clicked “deactivate layout mode” after you were finished your layout editing?

swoobie at 4:12AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Well I edited your page using Firefox and it worked fine for me…

Maybe you could give me a description of the look you want and I'll do it for you?

Or else you could try deleting your cookies in Firefox and then reloading the page before attempting this again. To do that go to “tools” then “clear history” and then make sure you tick and untick the stuff you want to clear and not want to clear before clicking the “clear now” button.

…Are you sure you clicked “deactivate layout mode” after you were finished your layout editing?
Thank you for the offer and suggestion.  Yes I am clicking “deactivate layout mode” after I've finished making changes/saving and it does the same thing, reverts back to the default settings.
I will try deleting the cookies and see if it works.  Will let you know how it turns out.  Thanks again!
swoobie at 4:15AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:
Unfortunately Wowio isn't currently able to work on any bug fixing (and haven't since mid-August). The best I can suggest is to download Chrome and use that. I don't think anyone has reported layot editor problems with Chrome, while firefox causes the most problems. Sorry, not a very satisfying solution, but the only one we've got right now.
Thank you for the reply.  Gonna try to tinker with the page a bit before trying Chrome to see if I can get it to work.  Thank you for the option though!  Good to know that there's a failsafe. 
swoobie at 4:27AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
Okay, so I go to my page this morning and my layout is changed?!?  Not something I did or was trying to do last night.  Hunh?
Tried to add my changes and once again they didn't stick after saving and “deactivating layout mode”.  The new default is the new layout I woke up to this morning.  Wow.  Idk…
About to try deleting my cookies…
ozoneocean at 4:59AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
Yep, as I said, I tried doing an edit for you using firefox and it worked ok for me.

And if nothing at all works all you have to do is ask me what you want done and I'll do it for you. You could also do a jpg mockup and post it here and I could use that to try and match a look for you using the editor.

swoobie at 6:48AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Yep, as I said, I tried doing an edit for you using firefox and it worked ok for me.

And if nothing at all works all you have to do is ask me what you want done and I'll do it for you. You could also do a jpg mockup and post it here and I could use that to try and match a look for you using the editor.
Ah!  Now I gotcha ozone.  I thought you were saying you did an edit via Fiirefox on your OWN page and it worked.  Got it.  Let me give it a few more swings myself to see if I can get it to stick.  If not, I'll give you a shout.  Thanks again for the help.  REALLY appreciate it!
swoobie at 7:32AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
swoobie wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

Ah!  Now I gotcha ozone.  I thought you were saying you did an edit via Fiirefox on your OWN page and it worked.  Got it.  Let me give it a few more swings myself to see if I can get it to stick.  If not, I'll give you a shout.  Thanks again for the help.  REALLY appreciate it!
Alrighty, tried getting rid of the cookies and still at a standstill.  Here's the changes that need to be made for the layout.  All the other settings on the page are fine, only these changes need to be made.  Again, really appreciate your help with this:
BACKGROUND EDITOR (1 Change):  “Background Color” set to 000000 (black)
PAGE SETTINGS (2 Changes):  “Header Color” set to ffffff (white) and “Link Color” set to 1417cf (blue)
AUTHOR'S NOTE (3 Changes):  “Author Header Color” set to ff0000 (red), “Author Text Color” set to ffffff (white), and “Link Color” set to ff0000 (red).
COMMENTS NOTE (2 Changes):  “Comment Header Color” set to ff0000 (red) and “Link Color” set to ff0000 (red).
Thanks again!  Hopefully I won't need your help installing buttons and having them stick to the page.  Will post if I'm having problems with this before I begin uploading pages next week.
ozoneocean at 8:01AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
Ok, all changes done!

Feel free to ask for anything, it's no worries. I'm happy to help :)
It's good when we admins can still make some positive changes on this buggy version of the site.

swoobie at 9:01AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Ok, all changes done!

Feel free to ask for anything, it's no worries. I'm happy to help :)
It's good when we admins can still make some positive changes on this buggy version of the site.
Ozone, you are the dude/chick!  Thanks a million.
JillyFoo at 9:34AM, Sept. 17, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:

I can't get Chrome on my version of the mac…
Wow mid August….sigh…
Hey Ozone can I get editing help from you too?
last edited on Sept. 17, 2011 9:36AM
ozoneocean at 10:21AM, Sept. 17, 2011
(online)
It's “dude” swobie :)
-No worris man!

@Jillyfoo, ask away! I'll make whatever changes you want!

JillyFoo at 11:21AM, Sept. 18, 2011
(online)
Whoa! Thanks a bunch, Ozone!
I have this image in my image locker I want up as a banner:
http://media.drunkduck.com/users/JillyFoo/assets/saturno2011.gif
I don't know how the Charby the Vampirate comic got its banner to stay under the ads without ad overlap in these settings, but I would like just that (with black color background).
Otherwise the editing allows the image for background, no repeat, center top, black color background.
Delete header title. And navagation arrows to bottom only.
The rest of the editing I can wait a few months until this all gets fixed.
swoobie at 6:24PM, Sept. 18, 2011
(online)
JillyFoo wrote:
I don't know how the Charby the Vampirate comic got its banner to stay under the ads without ad overlap in these settings, but I would like just that (with black color background).
Otherwise the editing allows the image for background, no repeat, center top, black color background.
Glad u're getting hooked up Jilly.
Swoobie
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_True_Masters_Chronicles_Volume_I__Light_vs_Shadow/5355778/
ozoneocean at 9:01AM, Sept. 19, 2011
(online)
JillyFoo wrote:
OK, done.
You can do the header title yourself- it's in your comic's control panel. -Go to your profile, click “edit” next to your comic and then scroll down to “comic header” and upload a new image :)

Unfortunately your gif didn't work with transparencies… didn't even work as a png either, so I edited it to have a solid black background and re-saved it as a gif again. I suppose I couldn't gone 32 bit png because that works with transparency, but I didn't think…

JillyFoo at 5:22PM, Sept. 20, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
JillyFoo wrote:Whoa! Thanks a bunch, Ozone!I have this image in my image locker I want up as a banner:http://media.drunkduck.com/users/JillyFoo/assets/saturno2011.gifI don't know how the Charby the Vampirate comic got its banner to stay under the ads without ad overlap in these settings, but I would like just that (with black color background).Otherwise the editing allows the image for background, no repeat, center top, black color background.Delete header title. And navagation arrows to bottom only.The rest of the editing I can wait a few months until this all gets fixed.
OK, done.You can do the header title yourself- it's in your comic's control panel. -Go to your profile, click “edit” next to your comic and then scroll down to “comic header” and upload a new image :) Unfortunately your gif didn't work with transparencies… didn't even work as a png either, so I edited it to have a solid black background and re-saved it as a gif again. I suppose I couldn't gone 32 bit png because that works with transparency, but I didn't think…

Thanks for the help, Ozone! Now the site's looking pretty sweet! :)
swoobie at 4:31AM, Sept. 22, 2011
(online)
Hey Ozone, have a question for you about posting in the forums.  I noticed my signature link isn't working when I post it in some of the forums.  When I click on it I get “page not found” or “cannot find server” or something like that.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't the link is followed by (something I didn't put there).  What do I need to do to get the link to work?
Swoobie
swoobie at 4:32AM, Sept. 22, 2011
(online)
swoobie wrote:
Hey Ozone, have a question for you about posting in the forums.  I noticed my signature link isn't working when I post it in some of the forums.  When I click on it I get “page not found” or “cannot find server” or something like that.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't the link is followed by (something I didn't put there).  What do I need to do to get the link to work?
Swoobie
 See, it works in here…clicked on the link in the message above this one and it worked fine.  In other forums though it doesn't seem to work.  The main one I'm having trouble with is the “Redux, did you just update?” forum in the “Meet and Greet Show and Tell” category.
last edited on Sept. 22, 2011 4:33AM
ozoneocean at 4:43AM, Sept. 22, 2011
(online)
I'm not sure to tell you the truth.

You've just posted that link there without using the link function of the post text editor or even manually putting "" link tags around it and it still works! I haven't seen that happen before… I'm still getting used to this new system myself! let me try…

http://www.pinkyta.com

hmm…

ozoneocean at 4:48AM, Sept. 22, 2011
(online)
Nope, didn't work for me… must just be Drunk Duck tags and that'd be the reason that it doesn't work in some parts of the forums: In some parts of the forums it automatically strips out anything to do with Drunk Duck if it's a drunkduck url. I'm not sure why, just a stupid programming bug >:(

The way around that is to use a URL shortener like this one: https://bitly.com/

Shorten your URL with that and then use it instead. That seems to avoid the error problem.

swoobie at 4:37PM, Sept. 22, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Nope, didn't work for me… must just be Drunk Duck tags and that'd be the reason that it doesn't work in some parts of the forums: In some parts of the forums it automatically strips out anything to do with Drunk Duck if it's a drunkduck url. I'm not sure why, just a stupid programming bug >:(

The way around that is to use a URL shortener like this one: https://bitly.com/

Shorten your URL with that and then use it instead. That seems to avoid the error problem.
Ah okay.  Thanks alot!  I'll try the url shortner the next time I post in the forums just to be sure.  Thanks again!
Swoobie
(except for that one lol.  NEXT time, will try the shortner)
Noxicosis at 7:59PM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
hey, can i get some help to? Ozone, you seem to know what you're doing, can you change my background in my comic Intangible to the one in my image locker? i've been trying for months, and i can't exactly download anything on this computer so Chrome isn't really an option for me ^_^'
skoolmunkee at 9:10AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
I'd be happy to do that for you, but I can't see your image locker. I need the URL for the image please. :]

IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved