Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

GREETINGS!
swoobie at 7:39PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
Hello all. ABSOLUTELY new here…new to the Duck and new to the industry as well. I'm a writer/producer/director/actor living in NYC, yet I've always had a love and deep respect for visual artists and illustrators (probably because I can't illustrate/draw to save my life! Always wanted to, but a COMPLETE hack at it!)
A few years ago, I wrote a script for a fantasy/martial arts film, the first part of a trilogy. Never really planned to shoot it (can't handle the budget at this point in my career), but it was just something that needed to come out…to be expressed. It sat on the shelf for a while before I decided to convert the script into something visual…a graphic novel.
I searched and found a wonderful illustrator from Germany, Maike Wender, and we've been collaborating since the beginning of the summer on this project. We're just getting started in the grand scheme of things, but we're now at the point where we can begin sharing the work, and we'd LOVE any and all feedback you professionals have to offer. So, please check out the page and let me know what you think (just cover page right now, updating weekly).
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_True_Masters_Chronicles_Volume_I__Light_vs_Shadow/5355778/
As I said, while I'm new to the industry as a professional, I do have experience with scene/story structure and the visual compositions needed to tell a story from my filmmaking endeavors, so I'd be glad to return the favor with any feedback/suggestions I can provide for your works. If you'd like me to take a look and give you my honest opinion, just let me know, and I'll surley leave you some constructive nuggets.
Look forward to hearing from and or meeting you guys soon, and thanks for such a welcoming board/forum!
Genejoke at 11:30PM, Sept. 14, 2011
(online)
Welcome, that's a nice cover.
swoobie at 4:18AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
Welcome, that's a nice cover.
Thank you for the welcome and feedback sir! Checked out your profile and it looks like you have a lot of things going on. Congrats! Always good to be busy…
rokulily at 6:43PM, Sept. 20, 2011
(online)
its beautiful art however the floating head is a bit awkward. i look forward to your storytelling though- haha its too soon to really critique anything really… but welcome to drunkduck! the sites a bit iffy right now but the people are great and we've got lots of great comics here. i wish you good luck with yours and your future endeavors
swoobie at 9:57AM, Sept. 21, 2011
(online)
rokulily wrote:
its beautiful art however the floating head is a bit awkward. i look forward to your storytelling though- haha its too soon to really critique anything really… but welcome to drunkduck! the sites a bit iffy right now but the people are great and we've got lots of great comics here. i wish you good luck with yours and your future endeavors
Thank your for the welcome and critque! I look forward to sharing the rest of the story with you guys/gals. And yes, I am enjoying the people and comics here. While the site seems to be going through some things right now, the people here make up for it. Hopefully the kinks can be worked out soon.
Wish you well on your endeavors as well!
swoobie at 12:42PM, Oct. 29, 2011
(online)
Had a 2-page update this past week. First small taste of hand-to-hand combat! YES! Still very early in the book so you guys can start from the beginning and get caught up very easily.
Feel free to comment! We love any and all feedback!
Swoobie
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_True_Masters_Chronicles_Volume_I__Light_vs_Shadow/5363385/

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon