Networking & Community Projects*

Artist seeking a political writer for comic strips
Cath at 7:17AM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
I would like to start working on a political comic in strip-format, using humour to bring out serious and difficult topics, but it seems I've lost my ability to come up with compact ideas. So, what I'm looking for is someone with whom to toss ideas and who could tame me from my habit to strech stories out indefinately.
I'm no great artist, as you can see from here: http://kwilia.deviantart.com/gallery/ for me a part of this project would be trying out a more cartoony drawing style.
If ever published (other than on the internet of course), I would like to make a simple leaflet of the comic and sell it for a small price. I have some contacts here in Finland where such a thing might find an audience (though making any mentionable profit is not what I'm after).
Topics I'd like to promote (and criticize as well):
degrowth
anticapitalism
activism
fair trade
organic products and sertification
veganism
dumpster diving
squatting
recycling
hitch-hiking
Things I'd like to bring out completely in a nagative light:
consumerism
nuclear power
racism
homofobia
sexism
violence
drugs
mega-huge corporations
These are no strict limits to what I'd like to work with and if you got interested in even one of the topics it would be great if you contacted me. It would also be interesting to do many smaller projects with different people on any/all of these things
Even if you read this post ten years from now, I'll most likely still be very happy to be contacted about this :)
Gunwallace at 12:56PM, Sept. 15, 2011
(offline)
Sounds interesting. I'd be up for some writing on that. Check out my writing at www.virtuallycomics.com. The AFTER stories are probably the closest stuff I've got there to your idea. I'm also writing a couple of strip format cartoons (see the most recent Duck and Quail here on DD).
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Lopriest at 5:53PM, Sept. 15, 2011
(online)
It's intriguing. Problem will be finding original angles, as political humor is so prevalent, and the obvious ironies are often arrived at as soon as the issue becomes topical. You might want to check out http://www.cagle.com/ and see how often different cartoonists come up with the same take on an issue.
last edited on Sept. 15, 2011 5:54PM
Cath at 6:01AM, Sept. 16, 2011
(online)
While that web page has some interesting stuff, it's even categorized to have similar ideas in one place :P so of course it's repetive
My idea isn't to use whatever topic the media is screaming about at the time, but focus more on grassroots politics (do you use that term in English?) i.e. topics closer to our basic human beings.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon