Help, Support and Suggestions

New help site for many of the new features and changes
skoolmunkee at 1:54AM, Sept. 25, 2011
(online)
Just putting a prominent link here so it's easier for people to find:

http://sites.google.com/site/theduckhelp/

You can also reach it by clicking on the “HELP” link, in your usersidebar to the right (where your avatar is).

I still have a few things to finish in the “comic layout” section, but I'm happy to work on any other article people think needs doing. Just reply here or something and let me know what you think should be added.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
dd_scv_01 at 7:00AM, March 15, 2012
(offline)
That site totally helped. Hopefully new users like me will read it first. I would have wasted a bunch of time sifting for answers on my own. Thanks!
PBandJ at 1:22PM, Dec. 8, 2013
(online)
This function may already be available, but I'm not seeing it.
Would it be possible to get a notification or indication when you get comments and on what page?
ozoneocean at 7:11AM, Jan. 1, 2014
(online)
Hi PB and J we can't provide that feature yet, we'll have to wait till we're able to code the site.

irrevenant at 6:33PM, Jan. 2, 2014
(online)
Ah, I was under the impression you already had that access. I imagine that a major limiter. Do you have any idea when you guys will have that access? 
ozoneocean wrote:
Hi PB and J we can't provide that feature yet, we'll have to wait till we're able to code the site.
ozoneocean at 12:51AM, Jan. 8, 2014
(online)
When we have a coder working then we can do it. All the database handles are there and I can look that stuff up in the admin forum. The only issue would be makin it so it didn't overload the site's capabilities with all that searching it'd have to do to come up with the results…

irrevenant at 7:22PM, Jan. 13, 2014
(online)
Personally I would rank comment notification as a significantly lower priority than PQ notifications.  It's nice to receive a notification when a post has been commented on, but PQs are crippled for their primary purpose of messaging without that functionality.  Depending on how the site's set up, it might even be able to implement that using a “push” technique (eg. When a PQ is flagged as “new” a notification is sent) so it can be done without the server load of searching. 

Perhaps it is possible to implement comment notification as push too rather than a search. eg. automatically generate a PQ to the comic owner when a comment is posted… 
ozoneocean at 5:08AM, Jan. 14, 2014
(online)
That's a great sugestion!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved