Debate and Discussion

The Health of the Duck
ronin356 at 1:47AM, March 22, 2012
(offline)
I'm okay with the Duck as long as it doesn't crash again.

Maybe I should say that. It's bad luck. =P
Devaint Art:http://ronin356.deviantart.com/
Andys Nirvana store: http://www.cafepress.com/Andys_Nirvana
Check out my comic: Magenta the Witchgirl.
JillyFoo at 1:52PM, April 26, 2012
(online)
I feel kinda sad now that topics I post here get less and less replies.
 I have talked with a friend who is making a hosting site like Rampage about joining. I would join and mirror site as a favor for him, but if it's too much trouble I'll stay here. I just don't have the internet time like I used to for running my own site.
Project Wonderful was nice but gosh maybe a dollar a month? whoopie. Only the godly popular sites seems to make something worth it..
I just think things here should get a revival. Yah know.. comment on new comics… keep trying to post in the forums where it's active…
El Cid at 5:04PM, April 26, 2012
(online)
Getting the forums back active is probably the single biggest thing that needs fixing, that we're actually able to do something about. I personally try to make a concerted effort to pop in and post something from time to time, but I've never been a big forum guy and I'm not very good at the jibber jabber. We really do need more people posting in the forums. I think that what happened, is that all of the really active forumites got sucked over to Smackjeeves and Comic Fury, because both of those sites have super hyperactive forum communities.
Escutcheon at 2:51PM, April 27, 2012
(online)
From what I've seen so far, I rather like The Duck, even if it is a tad quiet. I had, shortly before coming here considered Comicfury, but a friend advised against it. I'm hoping that these new sites are a fad and that the activity returns to the Duck. Even so, I'm rather enjoying getting to meet people and such- everyone's been pretty cool here.
bravo1102 at 1:45PM, May 1, 2012
(online)
There are times when I almost think that one of the reasons why the forums here are so dead is because the residents are too busy actually working on their comics as opposed to spamming.

Then there are those of us who are desperate for reasons not to work on our comics.
Hawk at 5:35PM, May 1, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
There are times when I almost think that one of the reasons why the forums here are so dead is because the residents are too busy actually working on their comics as opposed to spamming.

Then there are those of us who are desperate for reasons not to work on our comics.
I think there's something like that, at least for me.  I'm trying to update my comic twice a week now, essentially doubling what I was doing before…  not much time for idle chitchat.  Not much time for ANYTHING anymore.
Product Placement at 6:34AM, May 9, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:

The forum in its current states is still rather frustrating to use. The qoutes still don't work properly, editing posts is allot harder then before, you can't embed videos anymore, it's a bitch to create extra line spaces, etc. There are allot of things that need to be fixed for the forum alone.

Oh, and then there's that annoying color scheme that makes reading the forum a bigger strain on your eyes than it should be.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 8:32AM, May 9, 2012
(online)
I'm used to the colours…
I've mastered quoting totally, but find it too much hassle to bother with now, just doing an “@username” is so much easier. -_-

Hawk at 10:36AM, May 9, 2012
(online)
I sort of thought the colors were a lot better, at least since their first reveal.  Either that or they burned my retinas enough for me to not mind anymore.
Product Placement at 6:05PM, May 9, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I'm used to the colours…

Whether or not people think that the color scheme is pretty is not the point. The contrast between the background and the text is not strong enough. It's uncomfortable for your eyes. It's website design 101.
I've mastered quoting totally, but find it too much hassle to bother with now, just doing an “@username” is so much easier. -_-

Well, yeah. There allot of workarounds that we've figured out to make posting managable. But that's the point; they're workarounds.

Whenever I want to make a linebreak, like the one you see above this line, I need to press enter, hit the space bar and press enter again. It doesn't work 100% of the time so I normally have to click on the edit button which messes up qoutes and other stuff. You need to posses some basic bbcode understanding to fix that. We had to figure out that we can't include “http//” part, when posting links that lead to pages within drunk duck, because some auto editor ruins it.

We, who use the forum all the time have figured out these workarounds, but you can't expect everyone to have the same patience to do so. The forum will stay this quiet until these fairly basic problems are addressed.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
JillyFoo at 3:17PM, May 24, 2012
(online)
Well I do have a 4 day weekend coming up and I got a few old webcomic convention panel topics. I'll post a few in the comic discussion. See if I get any bites.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved